Register now to get rid of these ads!

TLC tonight at 10 Wrench Rod Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kool32, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Yea, but the bulk of the audience doesn't even own tools much less work on their own cars. There's a whole army of smucks that think that chop took 15 minutes. They take shows like this verbatum.

I'm sure this show will inspire a few hundred more R*T R*DS.:eek:

2. I don't think so. They usually build nice cars. I'm holding my critism til the car's done.

3. skull

skull

new show titles:

could they have found any color UGLIER!!!
    or
    there REALLY gonna leave that color?
    or
    nice primer, when ya gonna paint it?

that paint job looks like they turned my 6 yr old grandson lose with a spray can.

later

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Yaay...fauxtina...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. FUCK!!!! They painted the body EXACTLY like I want mine....It looks great!!!
    The color at least! Not the fake wear spots...

6. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

This show is ALMOST as bad as Unique Whips!

7. ModelEh1931

ModelEh1931

Fuckin sad.....hacking in to the body with no regard for any fit or finish. It appears that the owner Ryan doesn't display the best of skills either....blaming hack work on tools. I can't believe companies like this actually make huge money....to afford a facility like that. I guess all the non car people who buy their stuff are wowed by their "customs".

I resent it when they put this kind of "traditional rod" out in to the mainstream...now every joe blow who thinks they can spin a wrench is gonna go out and buy one...and think they can put it together in 16 days for little money.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'm sure they build nice cars. I just think shows like this give the wrong impression of what it takes to actually do a car. The steps not shown are what leads the unknowledgable astray.

Oh..... fake faded paint. Nice.:rolleyes:

9. belair

belair

LOL-I tuned in at the fake patina part-went back to SpongeBob.

10. eharnden

eharnden

just finished watching the show, that car looks pretty good for being done by wcc

11. rusted_nut

rusted_nut
    from Arkansas

I'm jealous of the 30 minutes you salvaged.....

12. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

I've known Sean (their head fab guy) for about 13-14 years, and he told me about 4 years ago WCC was getting a show. I'll just leave it there.

Kinda makes you miss American Hot Rod.....you can take that anyway you want.

13. pompadour

pompadour

I'm amazed that it has bias ply....ditch all the skulls, cut down the grilleshell, throw some drums on the front and ditch the rub through paint and its not horrible...It came out a million times better than I was expecting at first when I saw the 1937 model a

14. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

Wrench rod......I can't fathom to think what word wrench is replacing. E-fricken-gad, I love the fact that he buckled over the color....pastel green with scotch brite patina. I just endured an hour long kick in the nutz. Gee, if only Boyd was still on...........ehh...imma go measure for bullet caps.

15. Well...it's not what you would call "Traditional" , but it's not a Rat Rod either! Doesn't look that bad. I would have liked to see the finished interior. Seen a lot worse shit at shows...

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

thank god they 86'd the spiderweb grille...now if they just woulda raised the ass-end about 4", it wouldn't look so bad...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. BurqueBulli

BurqueBulli

It was all I would have expected from a show like that. What really irks me is at the end when he is so proud of how they built it "in two weeks when other guys take years to do it." Apples and Oranges - friggin moron. Maybe because the guys who spend years love it and aren't whoring their t-shirts out by building a rolling logo. Time to go read some build threads on the HAMB and purge my system.

18. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

It's the latest thing, they call it "Pro Rat".

19. skull

skull

so how long before all the copy kat "wrench rods" or wreched rods at cars shows and the W R web sites.

l wanna build one!! hell maybe 2!!

later

20. I liked it when the owner guys said yeah we got a lowered and channeled frame WTF?? those guys could fuck up a wet dream!

21. hahaha! At least it didn't have red wheels...

22. Big Dad

Big Dad

Would you rather of have watched John and kate plus 8 ?

Its just a TV show, turn it if its so bad ..

At least its about a build somewhat

Shocked Ryan has not locked this ?

23. I expected to see maybe a senseable build,but its the SOS

24. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Say what you want about the show; I think the final product turned out nicely, and I wouldn't mind that car taking up space in my garage stall.

25. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Ha ha ha. Some dumbass is paying how much? for a paint job that makes the car look rusty. There are cheaper ways to get the same effect - I think it is called 'out doors'.

26. skull

skull

and did l hear correct?:confused: 18 hrs in that paint job,,, same thought as earlier, my grandson, a spray can 30 minutes.

later

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  27. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Yep, over 18 hours. LOL

28. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

jeez, calm down you guys. it may not be the coolest rod ever built, but it was a lot more entertaining to watch than anything else on tv. i love the show. so what if some coporate guys fill it up with drama, its not hamb tv, its made for mass appeal. don't be haters.

29. on now, west coast

30. somebody post a picture so i know what the uproar is about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.