Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion DRAG RACES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

O HELL YA! We would love to have him, maybe I could arrange a private test if he would like to bring it out. I never have seen this BEAST before, rates upthere with the Rocket Go-Cart IMO! Let me know and thanks for the heads up vox'. Rocky

2. oldskooljc

oldskooljc
    from Fresno CA.

Hay I had many problems that day. You know we were the car you passing going home. When we got there only a few cars on trailers we talked to a lot of people. And all you guys that told us how GREAT it was you suck LOL. Hay i dont care what happens this time i will be there EARLY. JIM

3. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

JC - Saw you cruise in late that day. Bummer you had problems. Would have loved to see you run. Saw you cruise from the pits down to the start line. Trying to sneak in an "unsanctioned" run?:D:D:D

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'm thinking about shirt artwork that has 4 AA/FDragsters on it like this photo taken at Fresno Dragways. What ya think Zombie? :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

More photos for inspiration!
    [​IMG]
    A good friend with his BOSS 429
    [​IMG]
    A 69 Z/28 that the original owner told me got restored back to original
    [​IMG]
    People tell me NO but this sure looks like the "Multi Maverick" car
    [​IMG]
    What can you say, it was the 70's
    [​IMG]
    I believe this was Stokels "Vulture
    [​IMG]
    Not sure of the Volkswagen but Pete Petroff had something to do with the '55
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gage and Son's Pinto........I belive they were A/FC
    [​IMG]
    A factory HEMI Cuda for you Mopar fans
    [​IMG]
    Cool Opel
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Unknown Altered
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Avedisian Brothers Jr Fueler
    [​IMG]
    Gary Williams and the California Colt, I saw him at SAC not to long ago........HMMMM
    [​IMG]
    My car, we snuck out on the track, long after it had been shutdown
    [​IMG]
    Roy Biggs and the Flintstone's Kart
    [​IMG]
    Berry Brothers and Hughes, just out the Dragster Staging gate ready to push start
    [​IMG]
    Another Jr Fuel
    [​IMG]
    Anther A/FC (I think) Dennis Doubleday told me who it was, i'll check and edit later. OK here is Dennis' quote, "Love the shots from Fresno.In the first set,it looks like Lyle Larkin's Barracuda against a Lloyd Pick's Vega.Though I'm an east-coast guy,loved reading about the SCIFCC guys.I'm assuming the Jay Gage shots are from the same race ? Thanks! Dennis Doubleday"
    All these photos came from Fresno Dragways when I was a kid, man those were the days, I was 13 or 14 and got to run loose.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  7. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Someone help me remember the name of this car

8. Strip T's

Strip T's

I think the old man has pics of him and 5 others launching in G/SA at Raisin City....6 wide door cars...woo hoo.....

9. Charlie Burns will be there again too, said he wouldn't miss it for the world. He used to run a Triumph cycle there, I'm trying to get some pix from him to post.

10. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

Voxnut

The old Go Cart sounds like a neat deal to bring.

Rocky , I know where the Rocket Go Cart is, a few miles from my house.
    Problem is ya cant get good grade or high percentage Hydrogen Peroxide, and I dont think you could get Fred to run the thing these days.

The Fresno shirt w/ the 4 fuel cars they ran there on a shirt sounds very nostalgic, put me down to buy 5 , hot off Strip-T's press.

The Fresno Reunion deal I'll bring some of my Original, Fresno Dragway trophies up there to put on display.They were Gary Cagles he won with the Newhouse Special Modified Roadster ( Gary use to race against my car & mine won, got the article in 1965 Drag Sport w/ picture )

Bummer is me & a friend had a chance while down at the Long Beach Swap Meet a dozen years ago could have bought the ORIGINAL BLUE PRINTS of Fresno Dragstrip for $75.......crap I cant beleive we let that one get past us.Ive got lots of Drag News & Drag Sport Illustrated on Fresno Dragway I can bring up for display to.

Stormy

11. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

That Rocket Go-kart would be awesome to see even without a drop of fuel. The Fresno Dragway memorabilia would be the BOMB to see, I hope we can bring a bunch of the stuff out of the closets:D

12. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

There's a whole airplane hanger out there to display cars and memoribilia, static or otherwise. I say the more,the merrier!

13. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thank you Charlie for sending me these great pictures!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. This is the same Charlie Burns that is still setting records! (don't tell anyone he is 66 now) Here are some of his runs last year (2008) at El Mirage, Bonneville and Maxton. He even let me drive the "flyin' Yellow Brick" at El Mirage this last Nov. Thanks Charlie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwJjzLgd1Kc

15. You know, I had to look at all the pictures again. WOW! the 70s.

16. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

17. I'll race ya Stormy! And have the best seat in the house!

I'm going to try and get the BFD liquered up and out there too!

Sam

It'll be the first time it's been down the track in four years...
    [​IMG]

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

COOL Sam, I can't wait til the New Year and getting ready for our next event!

19. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's official, we will be racing at Eagle Field May 22nd 2010. SEE YA THERE! Rocky
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Registration form is now available! If you would like a flyer/registration form mailed to you PM me your address. We are doing the $500 CASH Prize raffle again this year and all pre-registered entries will be included. Rocky
    [​IMG]

21. Diggin' the '72 cut- off.

22. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Well it's time to start getting things in order and I'm as excited as ever! First order of business for the New Year was to get the Raffle tickets done and start on the fundraiser to purchase own concrete barriers. They are done, $10ea for a $500 CASH prize, and again will be honored as a general admission ticket, If you plan on going you can't loose!
    I spoke to Zombie today, he has some awesome artwork with more color planned for us this year, Ron and Tammy at the Shirt Shak will be doing POSTERS (as requested) and SHIRTS this year.
    I also contacted the Best Western Apricot Inn (559 659 1444) and got us a special event rate of $60 (queen bed), $65 (king bed) and $70 (2 queen beds). Sharon the manager said it didn't matter how many people to a room but lets not get crazy:D The Apricot is about 15 minutes away to the south on 1-5 and treated my friends pretty well in October as I understand.
    Lee and I will have our Comet and the HAMB Dragster racing this year and maybe I can make a pass, MAYBE:D I also spoke to Carl this week and he plans on having his front engine Eagle Field C/GD running for the Fresno Dragways Reunion.......WILD, if I fell into a little money I could have ours ready;). Get 'em ready this is gonna be GREAT! Rocky

23. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Is it MAY yet??!!!!

I can't wait to see Carl make a pass. With any luck my coupe will be on the road... Not done, but will make it there under it's own power!

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'm working on a guest list of racers who participated at Fresno Dragways. Each racer and a guest will be a VIP and recieve Free admission tickets, Free breakfast and restricted area passes. The breakfast on Saturday morning will be a "Breakfast of Champions" with as many local heroes I can get to attend. Hopefully each person will wear thier VIP badge I will supply so fans know who their talking too:D If ya know of someone (contact info would be great) PLEASE let me know! The search begins, Rocky

25. im ready to race!!
    [​IMG]

26. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Cool Evil'"D We'll be bringing the HA/GR, our OT 72 Comet and hopefully our latest car. Introducing the "Nothin' to Lose" C/GD.......................
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    see the thread->http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430809
    The event is REVVVVING up, post what your bringing! Racing or NOT, Rocky

27. Muttley

Muttley

Are you even going to fit on that thing? :confused: :D

28. Muttley you bet i will !!! hop on the back we can both go for a ride...

29. thadeal4real

thadeal4real
    from FRESNO, CA

Cant wait for this last year was soo much fun

30. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Introducing "RAT POISON", a 55 Chevy that raced at Fresno Dragways and hopefully make an appearance at the reunion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]