Register now to get rid of these ads!

Push bars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carlos Murphy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Carlos Murphy

Carlos Murphy

Anybody make ol school drag push bars ?

When I google "drag racing push bars" all I come up with are step tubes and front brush guards...:confused:

Looking for a pair in chrome or polished S.S. for the back of my 50 pickup that will bolt to the frame rails.

2. adamabomb76

adamabomb76
    from York, Pa

Go to your local tubing/fab shop or even an old fabrication shop, and show them a pic. Tell them that you want medical grade stainless (not as brushed as foodgrade).

3. Carlos Murphy

Carlos Murphy

Good idea, I was think'n "store bought" but your way I can design my own, thanks.

4. BISHOP

BISHOP

I bought some nice shiney 1/2 stainless tubing at the scrap yard for $1.00 a pound.

I would use some 1 inch for what your doing.

Scrap yards are great for stuff like that.

5. Medical grade is buffed like chrome?

Or buffs up to look like chrome?

6. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Windup key? :D

7. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

It's not so much the type, like 316 or 304, that will allow a nice polish job, it's how nice the finish is to start with. Even some mill finish pipe will polish up nicely. I think he's saying don't start with brushed finish because it's already "scratched", and these will make polishing harder. Stainless is a great choice, polish it up, and you are done.

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Look in junkyard for old firetrucks or bigger truck,,most had SS or HD chrome grab bars you could make mounts and use them