Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Sold my 52!!! Got a 1950 buick super

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52chevydeluxePDX, Nov 11, 2009.

1. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

Yep, so I traded straight across! My 52' Chev for a 1950 Buick Super! all original.. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Shaun

2. Okievoodoo

Okievoodoo

Very Cool... Gotta love a 50 Buick...

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

post pics! and then make it out to voodoo first sunday december 6th!

4. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

Here's some pics! Also check out the seat covers!! Those have been on the seats for years and the original cloth is MINT!! Everything on the car is mint! Its still 6V and i'll probably leave it that way. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

5. outagas

outagas

Wow, That's a nice looking old survivor! Hard to find 'em in that condition anymore.

6. Jordster

Jordster

SCORE! Awesome car, congrats!!!

Mine's 6V and I plan on keeping her that way as well. Too much has to be replaced when converting to a 12V and yours is SO clean. There's lots of info around about how to get 12V accessories to run in 6V cars with minimal impact to the system as a whole, seems like the smarter way to go.

Again, congratulations!! :D

7. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Nice Buick! Allways have loved the lines on them

8. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

I ran Valvoline VR1 oil in my Chevy, do you think thats fine to run in the buick as well?

9. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

i was looking at that car on craigslist-very nice.

congrats!

10. pipty6

pipty6
    from Tracy

now you gotta change your HAMB name. 50BUICKSUPER? love those big Buicks, one of my favorites.

11. mtpockits

mtpockits

what visor is that, stock or not, i myself have not seen one like that.

12. Scotch

Scotch

LOL I have one too- was the same color when I got it. Mine's a 2-door though. 263ci/Dynaflow.

It's on the back burner while I've been working on my wagon...but I want to get back on it soon.

It'll be black. It's super straight, and I can't wait to drive it again. Pics in my sig.

13. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

You done good...

14. 1lowbuick

1lowbuick

cool car! gotta love them buicks. i just sold a 1950 special sedanette on sunday to a guy in chicago. i still have one left. have fun with it

check it out
    www.myspace.com/1lowbuick

15. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

So I've been driving her around today and I have a question for you guys. When I get up to 40mph it kinda slips and just revs up, so I slow down and give it some gas and then she'll shift. I don't know how long the tranny fluid has been in it so the first thing I'm gonna do is drain it all out and put all new fluid in. I hoping that should fix the problem. what do you think?

16. Jordster

Jordster

Sounds like maybe the second pump is either cutting out on you or isn't kicking in when it should. New tranny fluid couldn't hurt unless maybe there's a small leak and you're losing a little bit of pressure that jockeying the throttle overcomes. This guy has a nice explanation of the dynaflow, but maybe someone else more familiar with the system can chime in as to what could be causing the slip.

You may also want to start a new thread with the problem in the thread title, to catch more folks' attention.

edit: Just checked my dynaflow shop manual, seems slippage like yours can be caused by the aforementioned leak/low fluid, lack of proper pressure due to a leak or bad gasket, or improper band adjustment. I'd say check the possible leak/low fluid/bad gasket angles first.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  17. Tatzandrodz

Tatzandrodz
    from Maryland

Nice buick, I have a 50 super one owner original. I love the ride these give, the grille (duh) and the fact that it was a car that the jones couldnt afford.

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy