Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2010 Schedule (some date/location changes)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Nov 5, 2009.

1. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Me too Dan. Besides somebody needs to follow Frank as he pedals his bike down from Bay City.:D And if there is a Davisburg show I'll be there as well.

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Bring the drunk Florida college girls to Michigan. I graduated from EMU in Ypsi and, uh, well, uh, yeah, bring the Florida girls...

And Denise said there's a GATE? Is there a moat, too? I heard about the river, already, maybe a dam??? Tinker's Dam?? I don't give a Tinker's Dam!!

See those of you where ever you are when I see you!

3. (sarcasm on)
    we're just naturally more laid back down here, also, we are not spoiled by having an over abundance of "traditional" car shows to attend each year. but I'm sure if you have to move the show in a couple of years the whiners will come out of the woods down here as well...
    (sarcasm off)

4. BBobb

BBobb

Not to mention it will not be so bloody hot...See yall there!!

5. Swifster

Swifster

Damn, you have EMU and UofM and you need more girls from Florida? Maybe Alan can import the hot chicks from East Lansing to compensate...:D

Sparty On!

6. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

ONE more plus to the move- Deja Vu is walking distance fully nude open till 4am:D:D:D

7. limeMerc

limeMerc
    from clio mi

The third sat. of May our club (Michigan Cruisers) will be holdin our cruise ( 3rd sat. April-oct.) for 23 yrs and pull in 200-300 cars. This mite not hurt your show but its what we do. So if Davisburg does June so will we. Thats all folks!!!

8. limeMerc

limeMerc
    from clio mi

Just want to add I've been to all the Billetproof shows in Davisburg even before Alan

9. Swifster

Swifster

Location and time of said cruise?

10. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

accepted

11. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

ahh yes, and BW3's used to be right across the street, I don't think that is open anymore. It was too easy to stumble out of bw's and right into the Vu, before you even knew what was going on...good times ha!

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

All day long at the old A&W in Flushing.

13. shock

shock

Wow........this thread makes me think some of you people are thinking just a little too much of yourselves.

Sounds like theres more than one Lady Cruiser here.

Hmmmmm should I go or not.......who cares ? its just a car show !

14. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

The slogan when I was at EMU was 99 beautiful women and 3 ugly ones. The ugly ones always seemed to work the night I was there...

And yes, there is UofM down the street but they don't slip into Ypsi unless they are REALLY slumming. Bring down the Sparty girls. THEY know how to party. So I've heard.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

is that "code" for ..WLOS?:D

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sidetracks for burgers tomorrow night (Wed) 6pm.:D

17. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Nah, she's at the hospital with her brother as she has every afternoon since 10/6/09. Note to those who say they'd rather be "thrown clear" Think about what happens if you only make it 1/2 way out. I've got a brother in law that can SHOW you...coma for a month, decided he knows his name YESTERDAY. Not bad for 40.

So why you bitch about dates and places, think of those that don't even know what TODAY is and yesterday didn't know who THEY were.

See you all wherever, whenever, and we'll have some fun. If he's better by then, I'll bring him along. A month ago he was dead after a helicopter flight.

Kill joy was here!

Back to the bitching.

18. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

With the unpredictable weather in the early weeks of May, invite the amphicar club. Flood or not it will be a great show for them.

19. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Im wishing him the best , Bud..

sounds like some good progress concitering

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Mays average high for the month is 70 degrees.

May's average precipitation is 3.05 inches total
    June's average precipitation is 3.55 inches total....a half inch MORE!

May is DRYER then June in Michigan on average.
    ;)

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Dan, would that be the car guy named Charlie that hit the cement inbankment about a month ago by chance?? In any event, thoughts and prayer sent his way.

22. Tikibeave

Tikibeave
    from MICHIGAN

Its not the percipitation its the moisture that is still in the ground!!!!! With an average high of 70 it takes a long time for the ground to dry out.Shit rolls down hill and so does water. So if your parked next to the river you should put on you white wall snow tires for traction.

23. yaawwnnn... is it June yet... er May... did they say they moved the Davisburg show to Washington? Hmm, well, guess I could hit the Florida show on the way home from that. Did someone say A&W??

...what the hell.....

24. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Nope, not a car guy, not named Charlie but still busted up, none the less.

25. texashotrod

texashotrod

Billetproof 2010 Schedule
    We attented the Giddings, Texas event this past July and were happy to see the event come to Texas. After seeing the schedule for 2010 I don't think it's too cool for you to move in on the same date of our event ,Cruisin The Lake Rod & Custom Show at OverLook Park in Somerville, Texas which is about 40 miles from Giddings. Before we started the event 2 years ago ,much time was spent to make sure we were not steping on another events date, it seems you did not take the time to look. Cruisin The Lake does not have large sponsors nor can we afford full page ads in magazines but we have worked very hard to build a fun event for everyone to attend.If your event was 150-200 miles away it would be different, you did not want to be to close to the Roundup in Austin but our event was of no concern I guess. Perhaps next time you will look at the area a litte better.

Billetproof Florida
    Feb. 27, 2010
    Alatchua County Fairgrounds
    Gainesville, FL

Billetproof Michigan
    May 15, 2010
    Riverside Park
    Ypsilanti, Michigan

Billetproof Texas
    June 5-6, 2010
    Fireman's Park
    Giddings, Tx

Billetproof Washington
    June 26-27, 2010
    Southwest Washington Fairgrounds
    Chehalis, WA

Billetproof California
    Sept. 18-19, 2010
    Contra Costa County Fairgrounds
    Antioch, CA

Races:

Billetproof Northwest Drags
    Late August 2010
    Location and Date TBD

Billetproof Florida Drags
    Late Oct. 2010 (date to be announced at Billetproof Florida Show)
    Lakeland Motorsports Park

Florida and Michigan shows get new dates and locations.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Boomer for managing the Billetproof Michigan show for the last 6 years. He and his crew have done a fantastic job and have been a real asset to Billetproof. The show is growing and needed to move to a location with more infrastructure nearby. The Riverside Park in Ypsilanti is an ideal location for a car show, lots of shade, a river runs through it (duh, look at the name), there is water and power through-out, there are hotels nearby and lots of room for a growing show. Not to mention Depot Town right next door (talking with them to set up a Friday night pre-party and to get the streets closed down for hot rod parking) with lots of bars and restaurants. All in all everything you need to make a great hot rod show. the city is happy to have us there and is willing to work with the show to make sure everyone has a good time.

Texas show gets a new date (not as bloody hot :eek:)

The Northwest Drags date/location is somewhat dependent on continued existence of the Riverdale Raceway. If there are still in operation next year I'd love to go back there.

The Florida Drags will be back at Lakeland Motorsports Park in late Oct. 2010. We are coordinating with other events to set a date so we are not booking two "nostalgia" style drag events on the same day. Will have a date set in stone soon. But we will be back at Lakeland for sure (no mudbog and shorter entry lines this time ;))[/QUOTE]

26. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

PLEASE READ ALL

thank you , thank you, thank you

who ever decided on ypsi.YES!!!!!!!!

please do me a favor and i will post this as the date gets closer also

I WORK FOR A TOW COMPANY IN THE CITY OF YPSI, AND WE ARE TOWERS FOR THE CITY AND COUNTY, PLEASE WATCH WERE YOU PARK FOR PARKING AS WE WILL TOW YOU AND I DONT WANT TO BE THE ONE TO BE TOWING YOU GUYS, I LOVE MONEY AND ALL BUT I LOVE THE HAMB MORE

PLEASE WATCH WHERE YOU PARK

27. Choptop

Choptop

I did look, but like you said.. you dont advertise. How is one supposed to know? Do you have any fliers out NOW that would indicate the date? Is it on any calendars (its not here on the HAMB or other online hot rod show calendars)?

Saying things like "our event was of no concern" and "seems you didnt take time to look" is jumping to conclusions.

I do make an effort to make sure I dont schedule at the same time or even close in time or space to other shows. But I have to be able to find info on the shows somehow. I asked around the area and no one mentioned your show...even people that live in Giddings.

I will be in touch with the promoters from here on out... but I cant read minds. ;)

Feel free to call me at 916-207-4645

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  28. Choptop

Choptop

I'll make sure to put this in all the confirmations and on the website.

29. texashotrod

texashotrod

We attented your Gitting, Texas show in july and thought it was a really cool event and was happy you came to Texas, after seeing your dates for 2010 I no longer think it's very cool. Your Gittings event is the same weekend as our event, Cruisin The Lake in Somerville, about 40 miles away. Before we started our event 2 years ago much time was spent to make sure we did not step on another event, I guess you did not spend much time looking for other events, althought you said you did not want to get to close to the Roundup in Austin.The Cruisin The Lake Rod & Custom show does not have big name sponsors ,or can not afford to run full page magazine ads but we have worked very hard to build a fun event on the lake for all who attend. It will not help either event to be on the same weekend. You have said the dates are set in stone , just wanted to let you know that in Texas we don't take the date already used by another event. If you were 150-200 miles away that would be fine, but not 40 miles away.

30. Marcy

Marcy

No offense but you must be trying to keep your show a secret---I live in Giddings and I've never heard of it , or seen it mentioned before here on the HAMB.
    I suggested the early June date as for several years I did a show in Houston called Live Fast on those dates which did not conflict with anything else.(you say yours has been started only in the last 2)
    If the date would have been available last year we would already be back on my weekend;)

Marcy