Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2010 Schedule (some date/location changes)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Choptop

Choptop

for the 2nd time.

Quote:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Tikibeave [​IMG]

But what we do have a problem with is the way you went about it. Leaving a voice mail saying that you are moving the show to a new location and breaking a deal.You could have atleats had the courtesy of telling him man to man.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    I've spoken with Boomer about this on several occasions. Just yesterday in fact. I've also had the discussion about the show with him in person. Funny thing... Boomer doesnt seem to be upset about it.. .but yet you do. Funny that. Perhaps you can show the same grace he has over the situation?

Feel free to call me to discuss the situation man to man.

916-207-4645

2. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

so who stole who's girlfriend?

anyway i'll attend both shows! and would be glad to help both shows anyway i can....

hey mod, can you end this pissing match.... or at least keep it positive...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  3. RichG

RichG

Billetproof Washington rocks! Hot Rod Eruption was an absolute blast. Thank you Allen for bringing the show back for another year, hope the track is still available for the drags, but I'd drive 100 extra miles for that event!

My gramps told me, "the world's full of assholes, you're gonna meet 'em every day." Don't let the B.S. get you down man!...or should I say mannnnnnn:p

4. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

Ya know, the car crowd is a very proud bunch. Not a single person on here could deny the feeling they get from a job well done. A lot of people might say "no big deal" when being complemented on a well laid plan but still have a feeling of self accomplishment.
    I think a lot of people are missing the point on the argument here from the ones not financially involved who have helped make this happen year after year. The ones monetarily involved, what you do with that is up to you, but when the line of communication breaks down things like this board bashing happen. Place, time, and profits really are not the concern in my opinion. Its the" 'atta boy" one gets then it gets stepped on by a "but your not doing that anymore" that bothers me. Kinda like "thanks for raising the kid so well but me and him are leaving now". I'm not trying to do any personal attacks here, I'm just saying better communication would have really helped. Possibly an earlier conversation of needing to change the venue would have worked better than just posting the new date and location.

5. Choptop

Choptop

Thats just it... I spoke to Boomer about this long before this posting.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  6. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

Oh yeah, almost forgot, hotrod lady needs to STOP stirring the pot!

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Perhaps with a change of location and date you might get your question answered. ;)

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Like all you guys coming on here whining because of lack of comunication? Perhaps Boomer should have called you all and informed you of the possible change after the first time he spoke to Alan regarding this. YOUR club business does not belong on this thread. You have issues with how Boomer or Alan handled anything, call them. Alan sure has offered up his phone number a number of times on here. YOU and the rest are the one that keep harping on the venue change and not being informed.

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Of course it is....The Poor Boys and the Peckerheads finding out about a date and location change on the HAMB, a message board that few of them frequent or participant on, was not the way to do it and on the flip side the same folks coming on this thread and making public comments regarding club business was not in good taste either. HUGE lack of communication from all involved parties.

BUT, ya gotta admit, it's an awesome location.

10. What is a churro ? :confused:
    Sorry, I'm a white guy from Canada. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll start a new show, called Churroproof. :eek:

...after I find out what a Churro is. :cool:

11. And who the fuck are you ?

12. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Honestly Unkl Ian, he's someone that's right.

She has NEVER worked the show.
    She has NEVER belonged to any of the clubs that have worked the show.
    She doesn't even have a car that meet the "criteria" of this show.

It seems to me that her opinion would (should?) be given FAR less weight in this discussion than many of the people that have posted their concern for the way things are/were being handled; and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't at least a little pissed about her trying to put words in MY mouth by stating that I was speaking for a club that I don't belong to, when I never did any such thing...

13. Classic_Crime_Inc

Classic_Crime_Inc

I like the ypsi area, I was just down there a few weeks ago...TONS of cops in the area, everyroad I went down saw a cop, no lie..I got pulled over and got a ticket..but cops can be a good thing or a bad thing

Davisburg is way closer for me but I hated the dusty parking lot, walking to get to the show grounds and there wasnt much room for expansion. One thing I dont like is $10 to get in for spectators..seems like someones making a killing there, I've run car shows for 4 years now.. most outdoor shows I attend dont charge for spectators or charge $1 and money goes to charity, thats how I do it and even with my $1 spectator fee I make a ton off spectators..cant imagine how much money the $10 fee is bringing in!

but anyways I'll be there and excited for the show and hope my car is done in time..thats one of the only problems I see with the date, to me May is usually nice and this show is 5 days before my b-day but I know a lot of guys are working their ass off to get their ride done by June so you may lose some guys there..but overall I think this will be a good location and a good change and if there is a show in Davisburg I'll glady attend that too...I attended the Flaming Pistons show in Davisburg along with Billetproof last year

14. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I do think this is getting out of hand and this was NOT the way it should have been handled, posting it up like this if the clubs hadn't been notified. I bet Alan won't do it again.

OK, so BP MI moved, no longer Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel, maybe even not Same Bat TV. It was supposed to be the least important car show ANYWAY. If you don't like it, MAKE IT THAT WAY.

What is the show in Dburg and when is there going to be a flyer or a website? Or even it's own THREAD!

15. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Maybe some tip up's

16. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I do not think the name of the show makes a difference. It is about the people that put on the show. It is not all about who shows up with the merch and a video camera. We have a dedicated group that will have a great show in June at the Davisburg location regardless of the name.

17. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I know the date had a lot to do with why others did not show for BP. There are other shows in the area that conflicted with our date. I would love to go to Thompson for the drags but BP is only on day and it takes a lot of work.

18. I'll bring the koegels and burgers.

19. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Classic . You do know that this is a business for Alan dont you?The whole idea is to put on a show that people are willing to pay to go to duhhhhhhhh. Can someone tell me when it became a crime to make a profit in this country.

20. Lucky77

Lucky77

I've made it to the last five shows at Davisburg. I've had my car there since 2007, and volunteered along with several of my fellow Nightmares last year. Its almost a hundred miles for me one way, the race fuel I run is $5.50 a gallon and I had to leave my house at 4:30 am to help setup the stage, put out trash barrels, and park cars for four hours. And you know what, I didn't mind a bit because it was Billetproof Detroit and I was proud to be part of it.

After reading this thread and just now finding out about the venue change, I probably won't be attending Billetproof Ypsilanti. I understand the business side and this is Alan's baby to do with as he pleases. It looks like a great location with lots to do. But, like others have said, for me it was all about the friends and cars. I really couldn't care less about bars, rivers, and pretty scenery. I'll wait and see what the Poorboys, Peckerheads, and guys in my club decide to do. But I do know for sure I'll be at Davisburg in June.

21. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

alot of us may not appear to be participating within the HAMB as much as others, but the truth of it is that, in my case anyway, is that I don't need to comment on every thread I read. I comment when something directly effects me or I can lend some info to help a brother out.

22. For possibly being a caractor I was kicked off sesame st.

23. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Never said you were speaking for the either the Poor Boys or the Peckerheads. I was just bringing it to Alan's attention that neither you or Pete belonged to either of those groups since he doesn't really know who belongs to what clubs.

I really feel sorry for you Steve that the $20 each way difference in cost (47 miles each way difference) is possible going to stop you from attending the event. For someone to know in May, six months from now, that they won't have an extra $40 to attended a kick ass tradtional hot rod and custom car event is really sad. I wonder who's opinion is more valuable, some who bitches about $40 or someone who actually attends cool events no matter where they are???

I tell ya what, Dan offer to pitch in $20 for your fuel, I'll match that and pitch in another $20 dollars so now the difference to attend this event that is alittle further, is covered for you. I won't be there because the start of my 3,500 mile (one way) cross country adventure in Big Olds starts Friday morning May 14th but I'll make sure you get handed the $20 for fuel when you drive thru the gate in your 8 miles to the gallon Chevy.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i hope any of those who are all pissed off about this dont show up and ruin a good show..
    its bad enough to ruin a thread with all this crying

might have to put a sign up at the gate...
    "leave your attitudes at home, this venue is for fun only"

26. Choptop

Choptop

Ok, Ok, Ok.... lets hold the bus here folks.

I was just repsondig to the hyperbole that was posted here... turns out those posting the most dramatic stuff arent in the clubs effected, or the people involved on the back end. Which is the funny part.

I've been talking with Boomer about this all along. I've been in touch with the PoorBoys. We are in communication on the matter, and have been.

I'm just trying to figure out the root of all of the brew-haha over the Michigan venue change... I mean the Florida venue has changed as well, and everyone there is looking forward to it. Bigger place, nicer grounds, a place to cruise, lots of bars and restaurants, drunk college girls and the Florida crew is happy... whats not to like? :D

Try to do the same in Michigan and a very vocal minority cause a stir. Wow.

The tough part is I do really care about the shows and about what people think about them, and put lots of time/effort/$ into working out what makes a good show and implementing it, which is why this is stumping and upsetting me so. I'm just trying to put on a car show where everyone comes and has a good time, I make a little $ from it and everyone is happy. A cool venue with lots features on a date that doesnt conflict with other events in the area helps on all fronts. I guess some just wont be happy with that or choose to view it in the worst possible light.

This is why I drink heavily.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Alan, I appologize for being part of the drama. I LOVE the new locations and just feel strongly that this is the right move for the event. I will refrain from defending it on this thread and will leave that in your capable hands.

28. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I am sure that no one will show up at Billetproof and ruin the show.

29. My mistake, I was out of line, and offer my apology to all concerned..

Please carry on.

30. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well it looks as though I will be in for a treat at the Florida show.............lol