Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. dannyego

dannyego

heres mine. Im nost sure what I sould do to it. Its not exactly floating my boat if you know what I mean. A HAMBer was nice enough to do a photo shop job for me but that doesnt look much better. watcha think, any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

I like the PS version myself, Danny, 'cept maybe with rings and moons, or chrome-reverse, and lose the skinny whites, and drop it a little (maybe add some skirts?)...:)
    Rob

3. dannyego

dannyego

its a little better. The red interior kind of limits me on paint choices. Im kinda stuck with red, black or white unless I change the interior. Whadya think 63 too late for wide whitewalls? Maybe scallops?

4. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

I personally like 2" walls (max) on later models...the 50's cars look better with the 3" and up wide whites, because the tires are larger....
    Rob

5. guiseart

guiseart

I'm so proud that I started this thread in 2005, and it's still getting hits... this goes to prove the Falcon isn't as "ugly" or "forgotten" as some hot-rodders would like to believe... love this thread!!!!

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Hot rodders even loved the Falcon way back when. I had a guy stop me at the gas station last week and tell me what a great little car his '61 had been (which isn't unusual) and then add slyly "especially after I put in the Chevy V8."

When was that? "1965."

Cool! Was it hard? "No, I just cut out the front suspension and put in the straight axle from a '62 Chevy truck"

Very cool.

-Dave

7. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

8. low-lincoln

low-lincoln

How about this. I personally like the red. New Crager salt flat wheels and WWW's

Attached Files:

9. doc's

doc's

I want a 63 every time I look @ this damn thread.....thanks!!

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

dannyego, if it is not floating your boat, you need to put it up forsale and find something that will. no reason to put money into something that your heart is not into. you know at first if its a car you like, doing stuff like putting it in primer or putting different wheels will only change your opinion for a very short time. I have a 62 wagon, I like it but want to find a drop top like you have as that is what the wife really wants. (me I am a wagon guy but its her car and I know if she is not digging it fully, doing some stuff to it will only be short lived)

11. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

Here is my Falcon 2Dr Wagon before. Currently undergoing facelift car is now at Vernon McKeans for interior. When it comes back we will finish the paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  12. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Hey Boerne I believe I have seen your falcon at the roundup.....very nice wagon and the top looks really good.

13. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

thanks man yea we are not too far from austin so we attend the roundup every year , this thing has been a work in progress and i am finally trying to finish her out right a/c, good upholestry , flaked roof and black finish. hope to finish it for this years roundup!

14. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Right on man it looks nice.A/C now that is going to be killer.:D
    Hope to be at the roundup this year in my falcon.Been there the last few years but it would be nice to be there in my ride this time around.:cool:

15. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

Hear that man going to something like the roundup with no car blows!

16. falconeer

falconeer

Boerne,
    Love your 61 2dr wagon. I have 2 of them, a 62 2dr dlx & a 65 with a 91 5.0 efi & 5 speed. Being orig from FT. Worth i would love to make the round-up. Below is my link to pics of my Falcons:

http://public.fotki.com/falconeer/

Hope you like them;

Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

17. solo_909

solo_909

Check out what I did today! 3" blocks on the back with a shebly drop and 1 3/4" cut coils in the front. Can't wait for the shave and to swap out her shoes. I'll get some better pics up tomorrow after shes clean.

[​IMG]

18. chaco

chaco
    from Modesto,CA

Boernestage how does that wagon sit so low? Looks good. Some pics of the front suspension would be cool. I really like it

19. BOERNESTAGE

BOERNESTAGE

I have it airbagged all the way around, i 4 linked the rear witha a 8 inch and triangulated bars and then in the front i welded tabs to the upper control arm and modified the shock tower and used shockwaves from air ride tech. the back also has shock waves, had to do alot of cutting but it is pretty simple, i am not sure why you don't see more done this way. i don't currently have the car, it is a couple hours away at the upholestry shop, but when it comes back i'll try to post some pics of the front and rear suspensions.

20. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Same here, bro....it's one of the best on the HAMB! :D
    Rob

21. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

can't wait. looks great!

22. solo_909

solo_909

Some more pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Muttley

Muttley

This Sprint belongs to a friend of mine, he's a HAMBer but doesnt post much. It will be motorvated by a 428CJ W/Edelbrock Crossram and four speed. The Econoline axle/radiused quarters were done in the early '70's..........the car was raced in Northern California for a while and then stored until about a month and a half ago when my friend bought it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

25. Bossy

Bossy

Here is my 1965 Falcon with a 351 Cleveland motor with C6 tranny and a 3:50 locker 9".

Attached Files:

26. shoebox50

shoebox50

The 64 gasser falcon is KILLER!!!!!!

27. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Hey bossy nice 65 any details on the 351?I see that you are running manifolds.Is there a way to run headers without cutting into the towers?

28. Muttley

Muttley

Yes it is, and you wouldnt believe how cheap it was..................he should have been arrested for robbing the guy. He basically paid for the car and got the 428CJ/top loader/matching Carters/3 extra Hurst shifters/Edelbrock Crossram/5 gallon bucket full of BBF distributors/a bunch of other stuff I cant remember right now for free. The only way I'd ever get a deal like that would be while wearing a ski mask and holding a pistol.

29. BobG

BobG

I know of a 62 Falcon 2 dr sitting in eastern Colorado, it has factory bucket seats, 6 cly. nice solid body and I think it's a complete car if I remember right and I don't recall any rust to speek of.
    I asked the guy about it and he said he would take $800.00 for it.
    It had been sitting for about 10 years.

30. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Love your wagon. Can I ask--what are the taillights? Buick?