Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodder out of Amarillo, TX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by TexasSpeed, Nov 2, 2009.

1. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Hey!

I'm Matthew Bridges, born in Canyon, TX, raised in Amarillo, TX, student at West Texas A&M University.. Youth Minister at Paramount Baptist Deaf Church.. And a Hot Rodder!

I currently drive a little ugly red Nissan truck, but that's just until we get rid of the 4.3L V6 in my '68 Chevy and replace it with a 350. I'm also building a '29 Model A Coupster.. or will eventually build it if my dad lets me have the garage. Same old story as every other kid, right??

Anyways, I had another HAMB account, but it seems like I kinda got off to a bad start on that one, so I decided to go ahead and create a new one. Nothing like a good do-over, ain't there?

I've always been attracted to the HAMB, and it wasn't until just last year that I got hooked on this web site. There are so much more cars on here that actually have tasteful modifications, the right style, and are the kind that draws me in. I'm more for the old school traditional builds, as well as 50's and 60's style, so this site's perfect!

I'm all about speed!! My dream is to open up a shop eventually where I have complete and unlimited freedom to build whatever I want, because drawing hot rods on paper ain't doing it for me!

So.. Hello HAMB!

2. pecker head

pecker head

Word ! lets see the coopster !

3. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

welcome from wellington

4. RocketPinstriping

RocketPinstriping
    from Waco Tx

welcome from Waco TX! looks like a pretty slick c10, i like the idea of the 4.3 but im with you on the 350 idea, seems a bit more logical

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks y'all! The 4.3L V6 was a good motor til a couple years ago, it started developing problems and just finally collapsed on me a couple weeks ago. It runs but there's no oil pressure, so.. It's a TBI set up, and I'm not too keen with tackling electronic fuel injection. I'd rather stick with a good ole carburetor set up. Much easier to deal with.

I'm not bashing the V6 in any way, all I'm saying is it just doesn't float my boat. To each their own, right?

Anyways.. I'll have to figure out how to post the pics on the HAMB, I've never tried it before and from looking at all the build threads and car show threads, I'd like to learn how to post the bigger pics, not the "attached thumbnail" images.

Since I'm new on here, maybe one of y'all would be willing to take a couple minutes and hit a couple of keys n tell me how. :D

Thanks again for the warm welcome, y'all!

6. speedydevil

speedydevil
    from amarillo

i live in amarillo myself,got a 1952 studebaker landcruiser,and currently working on a 1928,29 model a sedan thats a friend of mine.just picked up a 1956 mercury also if you need help let me know..

7. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Welcome from Amarillo maybe we'll cross paths sometime

8. TT66'

TT66'

Welcome from Southern Indiana.

9. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Welcome good to see ya!

10. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia

11. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Welcome, from another Amarillo FNG. I am also in Canyon.

12. 18436572

Welcome from Magnolia Texas!