Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from Seattle

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by psychocross, Oct 31, 2009.

1. psychocross

psychocross
    from Seattle

I just finished reading "The Markley Bros BELLY TANK – A Pictorial History".

My Father was Douglas Smith of the Markley Brothers.

Thank You & I look forward to more good stuff,
    Peter Smith

2. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

3. Peter (psychocross) ... Welcome to the H.A.M.B. !!!!

Glad you enjoyed my pictorial history thread on the Markley Bros Belly Tank Lakester.

Please add any info or pics you may have to that thread ... I'm sure your father told you lots of stories about crewing with the Markleys ... it would be great if you could share some of them with us.

[​IMG]

I assume your father is the gent standing next to Bones (with his arms crossed and wearing the hat)? ... what role did he play on the Markley's crew?

Todd (HEMI32)

4. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Welcome from Tacoma

5. psychocross

psychocross
    from Seattle

"Doug Smith was responsible for the motor assembly as far as I can remember from his stories. He met the Markley's in Spokane after he joined the Air Force. I have pictures & letters from my dad I just have to find & scan everything. I myself helped as best I could with the roadster starting in 1986 & was part of the group to witness the Hoffman/Markley streamliner pull the better part of 386. Thanks Again for the memories & I'll post soon."

6. psychocross

psychocross
    from Seattle

Sorry,
    382.165mph

7. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia