Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Vargo reunion car show -roll call 11-7-09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODSURFER, Oct 9, 2009.

1. any one who wants to meet for breakfast i will be at the dublinstar diner across the steet from the dairy queen at 6:45 am on saturday

2. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

see ya at the track

3. FlatheadPat

FlatheadPat

I'll be there with my '51 Shoebox Ford, a Chevy Apache Fleetside Truck and "Getaround" a local drag car that my friend Frank bought this year. It's a '62 409 car that raced a lot in the area including Vargo.

4. See you guys in the am

5. are you guys meeting us at dairy queen?

6. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

me and my dad heading over in the am with the coupes

7. LongT

LongT

I'm going to try to get to breakfast. 6 o'clock, when I need to leave, comes early when you go to bed at 2. Second shift.

8. BUTCH FIELDS

BUTCH FIELDS

Can someone tell me wat time the car show starts on saturday 11/6,09
    please send me an e mail
    [email protected]

thanks
    BUTCH

9. poolmike

poolmike

Trying to decide between this and the Philadelphia Modifiers event. Time to flip a coin.

Also, I heard that the land is sold at Vargo and this will be the last year for this event....can anyone confirm that?

10. George T G

George T G

:DSave my spot I'll be there. Looks like I'm comming solo so I may drive it instead of haul like I was thinking so she wouldn't freeze.
    GEORGE!!

11. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Catch you at Dairy Queen.

12. George T G

George T G

I'm comming from the north so I'll see you there at the show. It woln't be too early . Upper 20's during the night:eek:. I want the sun to at least be up over the hill before I leave. Should be there about 9-9:30.
    GEORGE!!

13. oldsman32

oldsman32

About the land being sold at Vargos..... I was just talking to a guy tonight who heard the announcement at Riegelsville that the land was sold. My firend know the owner of Vargos and called him to ask the big question. The owner said a resounding NO! it wasn't sold and the show will go on.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

"32olds guy",

Jeff.

Attached Files:

14. George T G

George T G

:confused:Wouldn't Riegelsville be this Sun or did they change the date?
    See your all in the AM.
    GEORGE!!

15. poolmike

poolmike

Well, if that is the case, I will go to Atco instead.

16. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

We're meeing at our clubhouse near Quakertown around 7am then heading out..we'll all probably get there at the same time.

17. Piewagn

Piewagn

They announced today that the rumor is a bunch of crap!! Straight from Joe McNally........

18. George T G

George T G

:cool:So much for parking together. That place must have filled up early and quick. I didn't leave till it got over 32 deg so I didn't get there till 11:30. It was still a cold ride down and started to get cool comming home. Almost didn't get in. I was #474 Joe said they may have gotton close to 600. Way too much NEW stuff . Even Joe M said they have to put a limit on year. I'm good no newer stuff to bring except maybe Dakota conv.
    Well I got to meet 3 other members. Better luck next time. I saw two other cars I reconized but no driver.
    GEORGE!!

19. Piewagn

Piewagn

Saw your car there George. Did I meet you down at the HAMB tent?? If not, then I recognized the car, but didn't meet the driver!:D

20. George T G

George T G

:DNo I don't think we met. I saw the car in the pic above sorta across from me but no driver. I saw Jacks 59 Ply again no driver. Two trips past the tent no one home. Third trip I bet the driver of the Camaro? and signed the banner. Only hree I met were the Tereplane driver , Hotrodsurfer, and the guy at the tent. I am sure several of us passed walking around. maybe next time. What's next chance, Getteysburg in the Spring ?
    GEORGE!!

21. Piewagn

Piewagn

Yep....probably walked right past ya George!! Gettysburg sounds good!!

22. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Great show! Way bigger than last year! It was good to see all the HAMB guys. Here's a few pics. More later.

Attached Files:

23. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Some of my favorites.

Attached Files:

24. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Couple more.:eek:

Attached Files:

25. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Great show, big turn-out, I spent most of the time at my spot in the flea-market....thanks to all the hambers that stopped to say Hi!!!!....stan

26. FlatheadPat

FlatheadPat

I posted this earlier.. but it's not there. Maybe I didn't hit the post button after previewing so here it goes again.

Today a car that hasn't been to Vargo Dragstrip in about 40 years made the trip back again. Ron Ruth's 1962 Chevy 409 "getaround" was a regular at Vargo and all the local strips as well as the street. In it's day it was one bad 409. Recently a friend of mine bought the car from Carol Ruth.. he's been working on it night and day for the last two months to get it ready for Vargo. Frank invited Carol to go to Vargo with him. We all met at Franks this morning with the car loaded up on his flatbed. Even though it was driveable he didn't want any mishaps on the road to keep the car from making Vargo. It was a proud day for the car's new owner Frank Vesci and for Carol Ruth to see the car on the dragstrip again after all these years! It sure turned a lot of the heads that recognized the car. A Lot of good stories were flying around today.

Below are some pics of the car.. one of the shots shows Frank on the left Carol in the middle showing off her Ron Ruth jacket and who's that hotrodsurfer on the right?

Attached Files:

27. What a great story.

28. Thanks to hotrodsurfer for organizing meet-n-greet. Sorry I missed some HAMBers but Bruce Larsen's is next weekend.

29. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Some familiar HAMBmobiles seen today

Attached Files: