Register now to get rid of these ads!

truck is bolted back together, need opinions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, Jun 2, 2009.

1. the fenders, cab, bed and one shortened running board are on the Dakota frame. I am asking for opinions (both good and bad) on how it looks. is the stance ok, does the bed angle match the cab? Sorry for the quality of the pics, but no one is around to help me roll it into the street for good side pics. Bud

Attached Files:

2. 41 C28

41 C28

Looks good to me. What are you going to run in it?

3. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Roll it out and take a side profile picture of it. Looks good so far. All those Pilot House trucks need is a lowered stance and better rear fenders and they look great. I don't really care for chopped 40's-50's trucks because it throws the truck out of proportion but yours looks ok.

4. 318 automatic. all mopar

5. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

looks good ... but loose those front turn signals.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  6. I don't see anything wrong with it besides those AutoZone hub caps, but I'm sure they are temporary.

7. 2-TONED

2-TONED

lookin GOOOOD!

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

those are cool trucks. there is/was one in Hayward California at the junkyard on Depot Road CHOPPED! first chopped car I ever seen at the Junk yard

9. LOL, I've got a set of desoto full hubcaps that snap right over those 6 lug wheels.

10. got 49 Plymouth front turn signals for it and a 52 buick grille fits right in the opening.

11. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I like the low stance just like it is now . I see you have it sitting on blocks but you really need a side view , not an angle to see if it looks good or you need to adjust something . Other than that you are coming along real good ! Keep us posted on the progress !

12. Looks good so far, like others have said tho, lets have 2 minutes silence for the wheel covers and the turn signals !

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Yeah, looking real nice from here. Sans fender top turn signals and better wheels and you are looking to maybe hit one out of the park, or at least a triple. I am not much for those trucks, but I think you made some really sweet improvements to it and that is what customizing should be about.

14. Looks good to me, chop looks just right. how much did you take out again bud?

Justin

15. I think you really nailed the stance. Nice looking build!

16. 4 inches from the back, 5 1/2 from the front and dropped the front windshield frame another 1 1/2 inches.

17. 39plymouth

39plymouth

mopar man ur truck looks d*&^ good makes me regret selling the two ive owned tween u and laidout53s truck makes me wanna go buy one from the guy on craigslist that has a yard full of em for sale right now..

anyways looks good... any adjustablity in the suspension? love the fact keeping it all mopar...

18. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

WOW, darned nice looking truck. I had a '56 when I was in High School. I loved it, but it wasn't custom, just plain old mopar. Perley

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Looks good and I dig the turn signals. Still yells TRUCK!

20. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

I see a bad ass truck in the making..nice work

21. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I agree. I got rid of my '50 B2B in a trade for my '39 almost two years ago. I don't regret the deal I made but I do miss that truck a lot. It doesn't help that the current owner has it for sale...cheap. If only I had more room.

Anyway I'm liking how yours is turning out. Like the others have said a profile shot from a little distance would really help evaluate the overall look of the truck. I'm looking forward to seeing the Buick grille in that opening. Please keep posting updates.

Jay

22. suspension is adjustable for height..... I just need to shim the body mounts...LOL. She is gonna be low. Bud

23. Ahhh, a Mopar-powered Mopar! Outstanding!

24. yup. just aquired a free 84 Dodge Police interceptor 318 motor with low miles (70k+), water leaked into the 2 rt rear cyls (not frozen) , so a rebuild will be in order, but it is a 4 barrel, large valved motor with the stock hi-po intake.

25. fisher_man_matt

fisher_man_matt

Great looking truck. The chop is spot on.

26. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

My brother built one last year, the same year dodge and put his on a Dakota frame as well. He was amazed at who easy the frame swap was. His has an overdrive from the Dakota. Your has a great stance and nice chop. I had a 48Dodge truck (same cab) that I chopped the distance below the quarter windows and down to the body line about 4 or5 inches. Looks like you did the same. Really nice.

27. Chuckdriver

Chuckdriver

Very nice! Let's see more!!

28. Bells Dodge

Bells Dodge

Your truck looks great. Keep the pictures coming as you go.

29. chevyshack

chevyshack

The truck looks good except......You gotta loose the turn signals and those wheels. Also, whats up with the front end? Looks very flat unless its just because the grill isnt in and plays tricks on your eyes.

30. turn signals are gone, the hubcaps are gone, I got a stock set of 50 dodge car hub caps to go on it. the nose will have a better shape after fitting the 52 Buick grille and the 49 Plymouth turn signals in it.