Register now to get rid of these ads!

New bills by the house

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustyford40, Oct 8, 2009.

1. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The Ma. house has come up with two new bills, H.B.3332 will ban the use or sale of exhoust pipes that increases sound.

H.B 4027 will call for noise levl testing at state inspections

I will post up dates on the [MASSACHUSETTS HAMB] as I get them

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

those state inspections must be a pain in the ass.

3. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

I would go into the inspection with straight pipes and run it for fun.

What a stupid bill.

4. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

looks like no more trips down to mass for me! Come on up to NH - "Live Free or Die"

5. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

One reason WHY it is stupid...not only is it a cool sticker, but Loud Pipes really DO save lives. Sometimes you check your blindspot and don't see anything, but you hear it.

I wonder how they'll check whether it has been modified with a sound level meter. Are they going to have data compiled saying how many decibels every car's exhaust note is at a certain RPM in neutral? I can see the morons at the RMV ticketing someone in a Subaru WRX or Mitsubishi EVO for having an aftermarket exhaust when they're reading the numbers for the regular Impreza and Lancer.

6. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I run cut outs the inspection station I go to loves them, but they are all hot rod guys.

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Shit...it'll be the same everywhere. Let your state reps know how you feel.

8. 1 foot in the grave

1 foot in the grave
    BANNED

That sucks. They make all you guys get inspections even on old cars?

9. Now you know why we call our legislators MASSHOLES!!!!!

10. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

how lame.. loud pipes must interfere with their talking/texting while driving..reminds me of this weeks south park episode

11. There is a maximum DB level for new cars and motorcycles, so I would imagine the inspection stations would just use this as a rule of thumb.

12. Tore

Tore

on the bright side "fartcans" are dead........

13. This whole country is going to hell in a hand basket. first socialized medicine now this.

14. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Well after all, loud cars ARE by far the most pressing problem in MA.

Jail those bastards who change out their stock exhaust!

15. Performance doesn't always equal loud. Just have a look at a Harley with drag pipes. Loud and no HP from idle till high midrange where you don't do any of your driving.

16. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

no comment on the crooks that run this state oink !!

17. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The bill was sent back for rewording to clear up the question of the db

18. This is why we need more hot rodders to run for office. They'll get the hot rods off the road but what about the rice burners?
    There's nuthin' bettern havein' your eardrums cracked as a 2W rice burner opens the throttle to pass us old guys cruisin in our LOUD street rods.

19. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

HEMI29= got tired of getting stoped for no fenders on his 32 high boy, So he and his friend went in town to Boston and got an appointment to meet with the head of the r.m.v. . He went with pictures of "hot rods" to make a long story short he got the law changed now pre 49 cars can run without fenders. Moe showed the state cop who had stopped him the letter from the registry. The cop sayed the letter was a fake and the next time he saw Moe driving with on fenders he would lock him up that was 5 years we don't see that cop anymore but we see lots of hot rods with no fenders. Thanks to Moe HEMI 29 for getting that law changed and showing us that we can change laws.

20. CruZer

CruZer

Yeah and then the state police would show up and the station would loose it's license.