Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Last Refuge '29 RPU

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Devin LaDawri, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

How about some pics of the shop? Show them this factory is got its ---- together.

2. Leoraf

Leoraf

I had the quick change sent to his shop. I gotta say that was a pretty impressive 1st post. Sounds like you were equally impressed. I finally decided to post because I have a vested interest. A
    And everything that I posted was fact.

3. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Thanks for your input, we strive for that quality every day. Some products are more ambitious than others. Keep the love coming.

4. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

This is what this site does the very best. No hiding, no bull shit.

All the advertising and "editorials" in the world can't overcome the voice of bad experience. Yeah, Ryan, I do get it.

Growing pains are one thing, but even bad waitresses eventually get the hint.

5. 29paul

29paul

Good luck dude

6. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

It sucks that this post has become a Last Refuge bash.

Devin D's saying he likes his project, accepted any delay, no problem.

First I'll put in a good word for Norb.
    I got a frame from him, took a little long but was worth the wait.
    The frame has a perfect 32 reveal, better than stamped rails,
    and the price was more than reasonable for a boxed set of rails, shipped to my door.

Then you get a couple guys that continually hack away at Norbs reputation,
    probably deserved AT THE TIME, but what sounds like he dealt with them.
    And yeah "sparkswillfly" you sound like a cry-baby-whiner,
    you sound like a guy that complains alot.

Its funny cause the cheapest guys usually bitch the most.
    Seriously if you studied Model A RPU's at all,
    and have accepted Norbs obviously not stock elongated cab version,
    and know that a brookville stock version is twice as much,
    what do you expect for a steel body?
    (if you read Mike Bishops "A" book, even he said his Brookville Roadster took hours of nit-picky type work)

Norbs problem is he needs a PR agent,
    someone who can answer the phone and kiss ass his customers,
    someone who can "market" his product,
    while he refines the products the best he can.

Typically everything that is produced has a "version 2" that is an upgrade of "version 1",
    and a "kit" hot rod should not be an exception.

Good luck NORB and talk to ya soon!

travis aka TP aka ZIBO

7. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I am with Zibo on this one, get a life, get over it unless you intend to study ancient history for the rest of your days.
    The guy is in business for the long haul which has got to be respected.
    I have been to his shop, checked it out and purchased his product and have been happy with it.
    Yes I have experienced some of the delay stuff but he did do his best to help out when it came right down to it and got it across the line.
    I have had 4 boxes from him 2 stock and 2 custom made plus some other parts.
    Who else makes custom boxes to order???

Norb, you know your strengths and weaknesses by now and it sounds like you are addressing them keep at it.

There are some guys here who will be charged with animal cruelty soon with all this dead horse beating that is going down.

Attached Files:

8. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

His strengths are giving good phone and blowing smoke up your ass.
    His weaknesses are product quality and customer service.
    I PMed about a car he has and hasn,t finished.Explain to me how he is now saying that he has contacted the female owner and is trying to resolve the issue.
    Why did I have to get involved for that to happen?.
    Then again he has only told me that he contacted the customer so it could be more bullshit.
    As for sparkswillfly being a crybaby,would you rather he didn,t try and warn you about a bad businessman.
    As for the 130,000sq ft building,only a small corner of this is used.
    If you would like I can post the PM,s.
    All I can say is that you should deal with someone trustwotrthy and with a good track record.

9. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I ordered 2 pu beds from LR and met Norb at the interstate for delivery. Saved me the freight. They were good quality and were delivered as promised. I run a shop and get bogged down on projects once in a while, just like Norb. Sometimes it can't be helped. Overall I think he's trying and does a good job. I've done a lot of Brookville bodies, assembled some and bought some assembled, and they have problems to.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  10. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Get A LIFE!
    L.R.H. SUCKS!

11. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Zibo ,Thanks You still have the coolest hotrod on the planet. Yes we are in a big building, but there is plenty room to grow. We are installing a 32 line as money allows, You are always welcome to drop by. Check out Ausiesteves posts he has some very nice iron. You have to respect a guy a little bit for that. I have invited him to share his name and phone number with me since he has chosen to be an advocate for something that has gotten wrong, but he declined preferring to hide in ignorance and bile. If he really is that close to my customer, I would love to get them together on a 3 way call. I suspect he is not.

12. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I think we are done here it is a stalemate.

13. I've dealt with Norbert before, it was not satisfactory. I bought an original '28 RPU. Very happy I did. Go back to washing cars Norb. I don't recommend your current line of work.

14. TMoney

TMoney

HOLY SHIT!!! I realize maybe you got burned but you, sir, are annoying. You have made your point. Go work on your car. With all the time you have spent OBSESSING over bad-mouthing this guy you could have built a car from the ground up. Get a life!!!

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009

15. WHOA DUDE, he's just venting his frustration while warning others so they don't get burned by this guy either. I have never heard anything good about this guy yet and this just confirms it. So chill, let him say his peace.

16. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

The only problem Ive had for a customer was the time frame. The product was custom sized but it was nice quality for the price. I would buy thier stuff if it was in front of me ready to go, otherwise you wait.

17. uncle buck

uncle buck

read posts 66 67 and 69 then on this page alone

18. overkillphil

overkillphil

Saying his peace? Or repeating it 9 TIMES IN ONE THREAD???
    HORSE IS DEAD SPARKS!!!

19. AD

AD

still no pics of the project rpu?

20. TMoney

TMoney

You clearly haven't read this whole thread. He has posted the same thing 20 freakin times on 4 pages. Dude needs to quit obsessing. He got fucked. I am not making light of that. He's just gotta just grow the F up and deal with it.

Talk about beating a dead horse. Seems like the end result was fair to me. Kept the product and got a refund.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  21. Devin LaDawri

Devin LaDawri
    from detroit

I've been stalled on getting any '29 pics posted.
    Absolutely swamped with some client projects.

Been keeping it stored at the home shop.
    Perhaps I can get some pics up over the weekend....

22. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

A couple of months now...any picks yet?

23. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

The post on Howells business ethics reminded me of this post.
    Just curious if you got your parts and how long it took?

24. Crey

Crey
    from Tejas

What it sounds like to me is, the guy needs help.
    This whole shitstorm of a thread reminds me all too well of this place I used to work at (and, very, very blindly invested in to the tune of 60 grand), where, the product was killer. I mean, it was going to take the car audio world by storm.. and to a certain degree, it very well did. not 6 months after starting the "manufacturing" end of it, we went to CES in 2005. Had a display right across from Xtant amps who were also brand new that year. Welp... the orders came in.. and yeah.. you guessed it.. the product wasn't going out. EXACTLY the same story this guy has. And it all boiled down to NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE!
    Man... you gotta have people working the joint to make it work. You can't expect to do ALL the work yourself and rake in ALL of the dough??? You gotta employee people to make the place stellar. That's all you have to do, guy. Get more workers to push out your product. More workers + more product = happy customers.
    I personally had to deliver months-late orders to Chicago and Mississippi from Oklahoma in a f'ing U-Haul just to get the product out to these people. Our major problem was, a maniacle owner who simply would not hire the number of people it took to get these jobs done because he wanted to make the most profit he could. It just doesn't work like that. That's just not how it works... and yep... you guessed it.. I never saw any return from my "investment"... Oh well... I learned a really hard lesson. And I an pinpoint the same situation from a mile away.. and this fits it like a glove.

Good luck my friend. Hire some people to help you grow your business bro. It makes for happy customers.

25. norbyrattler

norbyrattler
    BANNED
    from Colorado

Nothing that sinister, just got behind. Good news is I have thrown a lot of resources at getting things caught up. I think your message was meant to encourage so for that I say thanks!!

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have read what I believe to be all of the posts regarding customer service disasters from a variety of vendors. At least Norby is here, paying attention, and working toward ironing out the problems, which is far more than we can say for some other vendors.

We all make mistakes, and we all get into trouble from time to time. My life is an excellent example. It is how we recover and move on that distinguishes us.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  27. manyolcars

manyolcars

I talked to Norby who told me his parts were not exactly like Henrys,
    so I didnt buy anything.
    But he was honest with me

28. Hey Guys, I got a custom box for my 34 pickup from Norby and yes the wait was long, but the product was worth the wait. A great box for about 1/3 the price of everyone else.

29. Brian Gordon

Brian Gordon

I agree. Bought a frame from him that was supposed to take a week to build, got it 3 months later and it wasnt even the deminsions i gave him. Using it to drag my yard with now. He didnt give a shit.

30. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Still don,t have an answer to this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.