Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2010 Schedule (some date/location changes)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Choptop

Choptop

Billetproof 2010 Schedule

Shows:

Billetproof Florida
    Feb. 27, 2010
    Alatchua County Fairgrounds
    Gainesville, FL

Billetproof Michigan
    May 15, 2010
    Riverside Park
    Ypsilanti, Michigan

Billetproof Texas
    June 5-6, 2010
    Fireman's Park
    Giddings, Tx

Billetproof Washington
    June 26-27, 2010
    Southwest Washington Fairgrounds
    Chehalis, WA

Billetproof California
    Sept. 18-19, 2010
    Contra Costa County Fairgrounds
    Antioch, CA

Races:

Billetproof Northwest Drags
    Late August 2010
    Location and Date TBD

Billetproof Florida Drags
    Late Oct. 2010 (date to be announced at Billetproof Florida Show)
    Lakeland Motorsports Park

Florida and Michigan shows get new dates and locations.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Boomer for managing the Billetproof Michigan show for the last 6 years. He and his crew have done a fantastic job and have been a real asset to Billetproof. The show is growing and needed to move to a location with more infrastructure nearby. The Riverside Park in Ypsilanti is an ideal location for a car show, lots of shade, a river runs through it (duh, look at the name), there is water and power through-out, there are hotels nearby and lots of room for a growing show. Not to mention Depot Town right next door (talking with them to set up a Friday night pre-party and to get the streets closed down for hot rod parking) with lots of bars and restaurants. All in all everything you need to make a great hot rod show. the city is happy to have us there and is willing to work with the show to make sure everyone has a good time.

Texas show gets a new date (not as bloody hot :eek:)

The Northwest Drags date/location is somewhat dependent on continued existence of the Riverdale Raceway. If there are still in operation next year I'd love to go back there.

The Florida Drags will be back at Lakeland Motorsports Park in late Oct. 2010. We are coordinating with other events to set a date so we are not booking two "nostalgia" style drag events on the same day. Will have a date set in stone soon. But we will be back at Lakeland for sure (no mudbog and shorter entry lines this time ;))

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. Rusty

Rusty

Awesome news to see Texas back on the list

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

looks like I may need to update some dates for 2010! Thanks for posting!

4. couverkid

couverkid

Sounds good I would love to do the northwest drags as all my friends sayed how much fun it was.

5. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Awesome. I didn't go to Davisburg this year because of the lack of any type of pre/ after party. I've never been to Riveside Park but the sheer attempt to try something new tells me I should go.
    Thanks in advance!

6. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Three thumbs up for the change to Ypsilanti!!!! Great job. This will be a great event!

7. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

How 'bout ya switch those Michigan andTexas dates. MI weather in May can be a little iffy. $.02

I understand it's probably not realistic, but just a thought!

8. Choptop

Choptop

cant do. Its all set in stone.

Look at it this way, its rained on the day of or the day before/after every single Billetproof Michigan since it started. The only thing that hasnt happened is a complete downpour all day long on the day of the show ( i hope i didnt just jinx it :eek:)

I tried to get the park on a different date in 2010 but they were already booked up. You need to book about 1.5 years in advance at most locations to get a good date. Even then, events with history at the location get first pick.

So we will cross our fingers and hope its a nice day.

The other side of it is it wont be so hot two weeks earlier in May. We've had people pass out from the heat at Michigan Billetproof shows held on the first weekend in June.

I need to have the Billetproof Texas show in June for several reasons... July is too damn hot, May is too close to Round Up and the fairgrounds are in use and I've already got two events in Aug.

9. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Hell the first year I lived here it snowed on May 15!!!

10. Choptop

Choptop

only time we could do it....

Concours d'LeMons ATL - May 1 (my event)
    100 Car Heads Up - May 8
    Billetproof Michigan - May 15 (my event)
    Scary Larry's Jalopy Showdown - May 22
    Santa Maria - May 28-30 (I'll be at)
    Billetproof Texas - June 5-6 (my event)

The park is booked later in June and July. There are open dates, but it would have meant NO beer/alcohol at the show (its a long story, but its the rules of the park), and they would conflict with other shows. We got one of the only open dates in the parks schedule, my schedule, my vendors schedules and fitting in around the schedules of other events.

11. WOW Detroit is the only 1 day show now . You might have to break out the coats for a May show around here, could be a cool one. So what about the Poorboys and Peckerheads? are they out for Detroit? Depot town does have a great Hudson, and Nash museum, and there are plenty of Bars. I hope we have a dry spell leading up to the show that park floods real easy. Will there be a swap this year? Man lots of changes for us.

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The Showdown IS May 15th, I've already double checked with Larry

"ALWAYS the third Saturday in May...ALWAYS" per Scary Larry

13. Choptop

Choptop

edit made...

Florida is a one day show as well. I didnt want to throw too much change at these shows all at once, change of date and location was enough. If they grow larger and warrant two days, and I can drum up the events surrounding the shows that will make it worthwhile to interest participants to come for two days I'll do it for 2011.

But for now they are one day.

There will indeed be a swap meet. I'll have all the info up on the Billetproof website in a couple of days and fliers done in a week or so for distribution in the area.

14. Choptop

Choptop

I was told its the 22nd....

and that was the main reason I chose the 15th of May as not to conflict.

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You can't drive 60 miles for a venue that BLOWS away Davisburg?? Your crazy! Beautiful green grass thoughtout the whole HUGE park, LOTS of trees, an asphalt pathway for cruzn, wonderful river running thru the park, great resturants, bars, ice cream parlor, tattoo shop, music store, museums, antique stores, shopping for the ladies, all within a blocks walk. Depot Town is VERY car friendly. There is a group of us HAMB folks that hang out there almost every Thursday thoughout the summer.

For those that have never been to Depot Town here are some photos of not only the little town but the park as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sidetrack Bar and Grill = EXCELLET burgers and THREE outdoor patios
    [​IMG]

Side of sidetrack looking from the Hudson Museum
    [​IMG]

Aubrey's= excellent pizza, also outdoor seating
    [​IMG]

The Hudson Museum across the railroad tracks from the Sidetrack
    [​IMG]

Lots of character around town
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009

16. I could walk 60 miles.

Either location is over 250 miles from here.

Too far for you, stay home.

17. neverliftmotorsports

neverliftmotorsports

Is Antioch going to have a swap meet on sunday again this year?

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

These photos were all taken the first weekend in May at the park SO very often the first weekend in May is VERY nice in the Metro Detroit area.

Photo taken from the street looking at a wooden walkway that goes from the street level, across the river, to the park. This is the entrance area
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A new deck they just finished this summer
    [​IMG]

A nice size covered pavillion
    [​IMG]

Like I said, lots of green grass and trees
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the cool river
    [​IMG]

and the neat pathway that goes all the way around the park
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did I mention it's a HUGE park?
    [​IMG]

There is one low area that if we get alot of rain in April this area will be soggy BUT way out there and never gets used at the car events I attend at this park.
    [​IMG]

Yep, I LOVE the location, hate the date.

19. ascenttm

ascenttm
    from HERE

Any chance of getting a few fliers for the Michigan show this year?

20. Choptop

Choptop

yes there is....
    PM me your address and you'll get more than you ever wanted ;)

21. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

Haven't missed a Michigan show yet. I'm not knocking the old grounds, but after seeing the pictures I agree this blows Davisburg away, might even come up an extra day to see the other sights in town.

22. Choptop

Choptop

what was the word from Larry?

23. Choptop

Choptop

Boomer has said he will support Billetproof, he always has and nothing has changed....

but seriously, 30 miles makes that big a difference? I mean, your car has an engine and tires... they are made to take you places... even places more than 30 miles away. :rolleyes:;):D

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

"The Jalopy Showdown is ALWAYS the third Saturday in May, ALWAYS."

The third Saturday in May is the 15th.

25. troylee

troylee

I had it by ass. every year the show has been getting bigger . Maybe more out of state guys will come out. And that doesn't look like a PBR town to Me. Hope their ready.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Trust me it's a college town, nothing will faze them.

27. Choptop

Choptop

well, I heard wrong then...

There is no changing it now. Sorry about that and sorry to Larry. I'll have to give him a call. No intention of stepping on the same date, even though the shows are pretty far apart I try not to make it so that anyone has to choose between two good shows that are even remotely close to each other.

I've got a show in Atlanta on May 1

a weekend off to get home and get ready for

a show in Ypsi on May 15

a weekend off to get home and get ready for

a show in Santa Maria on May 29-30

Then no weekend of and

a show in Texas on June 5-6

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i think the Ypsi location is awesome..date is fine with me too.
    hope to be there

29. Dude there are Hookers working Michigan Ave. in Ypsi. We wont faze them at all, as a matter a fact we might be a big improvement:D. As much as I like Davisburg this realy could be a positive change. You highlanders will have a little further to drive. There is also a ton of Automotive History here, Hydromatic Plant, Willow Run, Kaiser Motor, Sunday Drags back in the 50's.

30. Another attraction just across the way from the park is a fire house museum. I forget the official name of it, it's pretty awesome too.

The park is also the home on the first Sunday of June the Orphan Car Show, celebrating the marquees no longer around.

And like another posted, PBR is available in Ypsi, now at the neighbor to the north, Ann Arbor, well that's another story.