Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's a Italmeccanica (SCOT) blower worth MORE PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldrat, Oct 31, 2009.

1. 1oldrat

1oldrat

I bought this rpu with a merc flathead with a Italmeccanica blower with 4 97's (only running 2).I was wondering what this set is worth.It's chain driven.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Dragons

Dragons
    BANNED
    from Topock,AZ

At least a left nut. :D

3. George G

George G

After it sells on Ebay you will have your answer.

4. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

Stupid money to stupid people?

5. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Ive seen those SCoT blowers go for $10,000 a few years ago, mucho sort after part , nice find (loose the tractor grill/hood , my 2c :) )

6. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I am not normally a fan of tractor parts, but that looks kinda neat. Can't help you with the blower either, but it is a pretty neat setup. Bet that sounds weird. Watch the fingers!

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Stupid money if you put it on eBay. Have fun spending it.

8. What's it worth? Heaps and gobs o' cash, like everyone is saying. Enjoy the cash or the blower, either way you're a lucky SOB and you're off my Christmas card list. ;)

9. sawzall

sawzall

i gotta come see that..

10. Different looking chain drive behind the pulley......

11. NealinCA

NealinCA

They bring that kinda money when they are complete with original intake, pulleys, carb adapters, etc. This one appears to be set up with home-made parts, so it's not gonna bring BIG BIG money...but still a good sum. Enough so, that I'd probably sell the blower and put a 2x2 intake along with a model A grille shell...and you'd have a real neat hot rod.

Neal

12. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Very interesting, I have never seen a chain drive SCOT before, and it has an idler also for the chain drive.
    Would it be possible to get some pictures of the sprocket behind the pulley on top, and a picture of the pulley on the crank. Also, are the water pumps driven off the crank?
    At least it looks like knowone has cut the carb mounting flange off the SCOT, which will make it even worth more.
    I would hesitate a guess that if you sold everything that goes with the blower you would be looking at $8/10k.
    Please post more pictures.

IMHO

13. 1oldrat

1oldrat

It's the original intake,the carb adapter is homemade,as far as the chian I have no idea.I know nothing about it other than it was on when I bought it.It looks to cool to take it off,I'm just trying to figure out what it's worth in case someone offers me $$$ for it,that I don't give it away.Thanks for the info.Is there anybody out there that deals with these things.

14. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus

15. Dragons

Dragons
    BANNED
    from Topock,AZ

16. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

S.C.O.T. made two sizes that I'm aware of. The smaller one that is used for the flatheads and that are being re-popped and than there was the larger one that was used on the Olds and Caddy motors. There was a smaller one on the JJ last year for $3500. It is the larger ones that bring the big, big, big money.

17. 1oldrat

1oldrat

Here's some more pics.Numbers on the tag are 4000 and F/454.It will be for sale when I find out a little more about it.

Attached Files:

18. They were ALL belt driven when new. Someone has gotten creative with the chain drive. The one that sold on E-Bay a couple years ago for 10K was owned by a friend of mine in Nebraska and was complete, in excellent condition and ready to install.

19. smarg

smarg

You don't see these everyday hoard it or sell it thats up to you.

20. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

I saw one for sale yesterday at the San Dimas Vintage Ford store....12,500 was the price

21. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow, yep you can get a new one fron H&H for around 8k ,but this one has history and you have got to earn that .I would try and find out a little more of its history and make it a keeper.Certainly gives the old hot rod some extra cool factor.

22. does it run? will it make boost? is it fast?

23. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Yea what he said !!!!!

24. 1oldrat

1oldrat

It seems to work good,I drive the pick up around town and it has plenty of power for a stock merc flathead.The rpu is a fairly new build with old parts.All I know is that it came off of a 47 ford years ago,a friend of the guy that had it has one on a 32 roadster and that one is chain driven also.

25. Why don't you want to keep the blower on the RPU? Take two of the 97's off and keep 2 functional 97's on there and a little TLC and that would be one heck of a cool little hot rod. That Scot is the 'crown jewel' of that rod.

26. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

27. Dragons

Dragons
    BANNED
    from Topock,AZ

I'll take 2 of each :D

28. JUNK BOB

JUNK BOB
    from SPAIN

It will be a cool rod man,more shots!!

29. 1oldrat

1oldrat

It is cool but with a bad economy and work getting sow I would lke to recoup some of my money and keep the rpu.

Attached Files:

30. 63Compact

63Compact

Id sell the grille bonnet, two carbs and the funky adaptor! Then fit 2 carbs a grille shell and lay rubber.