Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Any idea what the heck these are?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dragons, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Dragons

Dragons
    BANNED
    from Topock,AZ

Ok, I bought these thinking that they would make cool scoops with a little milling here and modification there, and unless I find out these are something that a restorer might need, thats what will happen. Hard to see "scoop" in the pics, but when you are here looking at them, you can see it.

Anyway, the guy I bought them from said that they were exhaust tips/deflectors from an "early" Chrysler Imperial. Ok, early to you and I might mean a different thing than to him, and who knows, he had no definative answer, so I'm hitting up the biggest car brains in the world.

They are either pot metal or aluminum that was once chromed. "Approx" 5 inches wide and 8 inches long.

I just don't want to cut them up if they are something rare and/or not being recast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. barney rubble

barney rubble

I think the one on the left is a gas fumes exhaust for a boat. They usually have 2 one facing forward and one backwards. They remove the fumes from inside the boat hull.

3. that is what I was going to say.

4. Dragons

Dragons
    BANNED
    from Topock,AZ

Funny thing, when I grabbed them, I thought boat too, but I wanted to make damn sure I wasn't destroying any history.

5. squirrel

squirrel

definitely imperial! or not....maybe his memory aint so good

[​IMG]

6. Dragons

Dragons
    BANNED
    from Topock,AZ

I got them cheap ($1 each) and he wasn't a "car guy", but in the same breath, lots of odd things were put on cars over the years, especially when you start talking random pieces that could have belonged to another piece.

7. these are for car exaust.. just can remember which, they go under the bumperette on 50's . I think one is 56 Ford era..

8. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, that's what it is....

[​IMG]

or not