Register now to get rid of these ads!

We were Robbed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

well i havent got that far into the guns yet. but the Mosen is good enough. but remember you need the rifle to pick off the guy driving out front

2. H3O

H3O

that sucks. remember what my buddy says, "Shoot first, Ask later!!" that's for intruders. (or the mother-in-law!!!):D

3. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

This story really sucks. I feel bad for you and your wife. I was robbed many years ago, feels like you whole life has been invaded by scumbags. Ever think about getting a dog? Most theives stay away from homes with dogs.

4. man i can beleave they hit your house. and taking your gear the makes no sense at all.

what happens if you shoot some one with out a foid card?

5. shfifty five

shfifty five
    from New Jersey

That sux man, I know i would just as mad as you, hopfully those anal holes will have somthing bad happen to them. Carma is a bitch.

6. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Small, barky dogs. A couple of 'em. Great protecters. Great friends. 'sides that, if ya' fuck with my friends, bad things happen.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

i have this same sign on the front door to my shop.

im bummed about your deal man..it makes it very hard to feel secure in the one place you should always feel the safest..

I dont care what anyone thinks or says..when it comes to home invasion..they better never try it at my place while im there..it will be the last time they ever suck air.

i would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6..

you need a security system bud..and now..and use it even when your in the home.

maybe a big dog too..
    Ive always been a fan of ...One Strike...Your OUT!

8. RichG

RichG

...for anyone who isn't confident with their handguns skills: semiauto or pump shotgun-one cartridge copper BB's, one cartridge deer slug, repeat until full.

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Man, sorry to hear about this. Nothing like being nervous and mad as hell at the same time to raise your blood pressure to an unhealthy breaking point. Good luck catching the thieves in the act.

10. Thompson Speed Shop

Thompson Speed Shop

Unfortunately that's where this country is headed! There is no deterrent for crime these days in this love everybody country we live in! I just went out and bought "The Judge" for that very reason. I am sorry to hear that, and I am glad your wife is safe. God help the working man!

11. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Ray, First I hope the cops do theor jpb and catch these guys. Second I hope your family finds undisturbed peace in their house. I am very glad that your wife was not harmed.
    Advice, I would get an monitored alarm system installed ASAP ! Our neighborhood several years ago had many breakins. We installed an alarm system (probably 8+ years ago). We have never had a breakin. Our neighbor east of us put one in and had no more issues. Not too prcey - but it does give you peace of mind.

41 Dave

12. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

That time of year again. Sorry to here that

13. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someone suggested that maybe you live in a less than good neighborhood. I haven't lived in Glen Ellyn in almost 30 years but it was a very high class neighborhood when I was there.

Sorry you have been taken advantage of............hope they catch the guys

14. Ebert

Ebert

hrm2k,

Glen Ellyn is STILL a very desirable, awesome bedroom community to this day. Just sucks.
    E

15. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Sorry for your situation.

We need to demand out laws are changed to 20 years hard hard labor in a desert for the first offense of breaking into another man's house. no parole.
    If every decent person would call their elected officials once a week until it was done, we could do something.
    This is absolutely ridiculous. People who would do these things should be scared of leaving their house b/c WE are going to get THEM.

wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

16. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

Kevin,
    Sorry to hear that. You guys have a nice place. I would be looking around the neighborhood. I wouldn't think they are too far away. Also, might be time to get a trail camera. I think you have several places you could set it up that would not be noticed. I've been using one in the woods around our tree stands and they are awesome.
    Bob

17. Why you should solder razor blades on the edges of household appliances like the TV, DVD player, etc. -

18. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Time to move...

19. Jalopy-Joe

Jalopy-Joe
    from Idaho

Dude, that sucks ass Kevin.

If it was me, I would get a hidden camera on the front and rear porch, Get a trained Dog, and have a nice 357 S&W Mag under your pillow. Also, there is that Broadview security or ADT.

This is the time of year for robberies.

Well, I hope they catch the bastard(s) that stole your belongings.

Good Luck Kevin.

20. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

ouch sorry man that really sucks i fucken hate thieves

21. Wow, that's some bold thieves! Whatever they got away with the most valuable thing they stole was your since of security and well being. It's an awful feeling. My grandparents, now in their 80's, just had some things walk off. They've never had to lock anything up in 80+ years. It's scary to think how vulnerable they are now. I hope the cops catch these guys. If they are that bold, (or desperate) they are certainly dangerous. I hate they got your patrol cap. I never had the honor of serving but I appreciate you guy's who did. Good luck

22. JimSibley

JimSibley

Could be worse, My dad walked in when he was being robbed. Crooks got away, and killed my old man in the process.

23. hemi

hemi

After the third time, is there anything else they want? Sucks to hear it, but it's probably either kids or crack heads, and if they are coming in while you are asleep, they probably live close by. You can't (easily) case a house for traffic without sticking out. The other robberies would indicate somebody has been spending some time poking around. Got any shifty neighbors or younger people close by?

I'd say get a dog, but it takes a bit before they know who to bite and who not to... guns are only good if you catch them in the act. Dogs can work while you are away...

24. Thats how i feel:(

25. Everyone should take precautions during these times especially around the holiday. People are desperate. Most of these fuckin looser are addicts. I feel for you. you have my deepest sympathy.

26. Oh my God. Thats terrible. wow

27. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Ray I hate it for you, the real scary part is the fact that your wife was home when them fools were in the house. Its one thing to rob you but to think that they could have hurt someone you love thats when it really hits home.

We had a lot of break ins around my neighborhood and it seems like they just worked this area until they could not get anything else or the cops got so bad they had to leave. Like you I live in a really nice area and there were at least 5 to 8 break ins per week for at least 2 months. My next door neighbor was hit twice within that time. It got so bad that the police told us to drop them where ever and they would handle the paperwork when we had our neighborhood watch meeting.

I guess what saved me is the fact that I am retired and never go anywhere and I have a house full of dogs. That and the fact I lived outside almost the whole time working on the house or yard or something, so I was visible all the time. But after my daughter graduates this year we are moving to our property in middle TN out in the boonies. Hell you have to drive through 2 creeks just to get back to where our house is and there is nobody around me for miles!

I guess this time next year I will be a farmer:D

28. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

sorry to hear about the break ins, and in G E man that is out of place, but with daley moving the riff raff out of his city.as for the home protection becarefull, some of the towns have a no firearms law.. wasn't it out that way the guy shot a intruder and got arrested for owning a gun? just be glad no one got hurt(in your family).

29. when i had the fortune of catching some tweakers one fine sunday stealing radiators i called one of my "russian" comerades. he let these assholes know in broken english that they had just won a all inclusive trip to Abhazia to be sex slaves! one dude pissed himself while the other one started crying best part was after he put duct tape over their eyes and ears! oh for the record Abhazia is a real shitty port on the Black Sea! hope you find these piece of shits and they get served justice. as pissed as you are and have every right to be you fucking kill some lowlife that has a criminal history your the ultimate loser. i was in that situation and the local prosocuter wanted to come after me. they have a year in my state to do it. good luck!

30. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hang in there Ray, this sucks, especially some of the cherished possessions, but in the end they are just possessions and you guys still have your health and hopefully insurance. To all those guys talking about killing, dont imagine any of them have killed before.....

And Jim, man cant say any words to take that pain away except really sorry to read that...

So guys, secure your house, hide your treasured possessions and get insurance. The last thing you want to be doing is defending your house....