Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need to see an original 32 Roadster dash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roadstar, Nov 3, 2009.

1. I have a flat dash from Brookville for my new roadster and it doesn't even have the hole for the gauges. But I think there is more to it than just an oval hole.

The original sedan I got the firewall and gauge tunnel out of had a reveal around the oval dash opening that went inward, and a stainless ring the goes on the edge.

My question is does the roadster have the same opening around the gauges as the sedan and coupe.

I searched for 32 dash pics and cant find much more that streat rod dashes with aftermarket gauges and billet bezels or s/w panels.

So I was hoping to get a good look at a stock 32 Roadster dash.

Thanks

2. bluardun

bluardun
    from tucson az.

You're right on about the oval flared inward with a stainless ring. Ford only made one instrument panel. The tunnel type. As you know, the roadsters and pheatons have a different dash panel that the coupes and sedans, but the center area looked alike.
    You might contact the guys at Vintage Ford in Phoenix. They have a customer that has dyes to stamp this flare in a flat Brookville dash.
    Best of luck

3. Thats great do you have a website or number.

I thought of cutting the center out of sedan or coupe dash since they are much easier to find but stamping the flare in would be the way to go.

Thanks for the info.

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Ask and ye shall recieve :D

[​IMG]

All the 32 passenger vehicles had a oval panel in the center of the dash. All the passenger cars also had a small stainless trim ring around the edge of the dash opening. Both of mine have been modified with the addition of aftermarket gauges ... but the SS panel is correct.

[​IMG]

The SS panels are now available in repro ( blank - no holes ) so you can put the gauges where you want.

[​IMG]

:D Randy :)

5. Thanks for the nice closeup of your roadster dash, and great job on that 3 window.

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I have a brookville dash and with it a chunk of real '32 dash with the recess...this piece was crudely hacked out of a restored car by streetrodders, wild cutoff wheel slashes all around. The pitiful fragment is still perfectly woodgrained....

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I have a gennie on the shelf if you need close up detail shots. Let me know what you need.

8. Well hey if your not gonna use it.....:D

Actually if I had a wood buck I think I could beat the opening in, I have the stainless ring already.

9. MilesM

MilesM

Frank Borowitz, Premier Frame and Body (602) 248-0812 has the Dick Smith dies. He can stamp Roadster dashes with or without the center hole.

He makes alot of other Deuce stampings like the side curtain support rod hole and others.

10. Thanks Miles, got your pm too, This car does have the side curtian hole added to the right door only, I assume they would have been on both doors,, I might have to get one for the drivers side as well, or maybe both, because it looks like a biginner welding student put the one on the right door anyway:rolleyes:.:D