Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help me save an ugly Dodge truck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26trackt, Nov 2, 2009.

1. 26trackt

26trackt

Thiis one will never have mass appeal.
    I don't have the chop's to save it.
    This probably won't be a deal for anyone.
    I just hate to see it go to waste.

My Dad started this dodge a while back. He knew it was bad investment when he started but he really liked the mock up. Several projects have come ,gone & he just picked up a pile of two '40 Ford coupes. It does not look like he'll ever get back on this Dodge. He's prone indiscriminantly cleaning house when he runs out of room. He'll certainly try to get as much money out of it as he can but he has made no effort to sell it. He's likely to just haul it off. He has thrown better stuff than this away.

It's sitting on a SS Monte chassis in the picture. It's been blown apart since the pix that I have. The original chassis is stiil around with a early '70ish Mopar V8 & auto. I have been considering canibalizing the original chassis for one of my projects.

Attached Files:

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

so, is it for sale?

if so, this is the wrong corner of the board dude

3. freebird101

freebird101

don't want to sound like a dream killer but it looks like a street rod and I don't know many people willing to save it. sorry:(

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hmm... looks like an old pickup project to me... i only see the sheet metal and potential.

5. blue57ford

blue57ford

Exactly.

6. Everybody needs at least one old pickup.

7. freebird101

freebird101

yeah you guys are right, I am just tiered and didn't fully open my eyes please take back what I said.

8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Nope...sorry man.
    You've hurt ALL our feelings...not sure what your gonna do now....sigh.
    Sad situation....:):):)

I like that truck!
    Are people actually using those frames on pickups? I'd figure it needs some serious beefing in the side rails to be run under a pickup!
    Sits nice though.

Your Dad would toss that? Wow....

9. 26trackt

26trackt

It's not for sale but it should be. Dad's original direction has potential but it's really not far enough along to be commited to any particular style. I dig the stance & would continue. I'm sure the monte's mock up is far from ready to go & certainly not strictly traditional. The original chassis is still available. I understand it's not a particularly popular model. What's there is is good. I need to find someone interested in it before he throws it away. He lives three hours from my house. I can play go between up to a point but you will need to deal with him on the numbers. I should be up there for Thanksgiving & can take inventory while I'm there.

10. 26trackt

26trackt

It would take money to get it. But yes. He's thrown better stuff away.

11. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Cool truck. But....."It's not for sale...." , "you will have to deal with him on the numbers". OK, I'm sure it's me......is it for sale? Or is it NOT for sale? LOL.

12. 26trackt

26trackt

I just noticed FiddyFour's post. I might should have started this post in the for sale area. It's not technicly for sale but that's certainly what I'm trying to promote. I want to find someone who is interested & I need to interest him in selling it.

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

my advice to you is do nothing here on the board untill you talk to your dad and get a firm price...

this thread should be shut down... no offence

14. thendrix

thendrix

It kinda looks pissed off. Wish I had the room and the time and the cash and the ...........

15. To each his own, but let me tell you I don't think those are ugly. I think the 1954-57 Dodges are a great-looking truck. That one is a 55-56 and I think it would make a great project. I like them and I vote do it!

16. 26trackt

26trackt

I really need to respect Fiddy's stance. This is not the proper place to push a sell. Especially on something that isn't mine & I don't have real info on what it would take to get it. This is currently BS for BS sake. I'll re-post this later when I know he'll sell it & for how much.

Back to the BS part... Like Stllrng; I also think it's bitchin'. Like thendrix; If I had the....

What a waste.

17. 26trackt

26trackt

How about some suggestions for encouraging him to get it on the road. I would certainly prefer to enjoy this one vicariously through him anyway. The biggest problem is that he has other more promising irons in the fire.

18. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Dude, PM me with some #s.
    Gene

19. Delmo

Delmo
    from Burbank

I had a customer bring me one and I told him I would try my best, didn't think it was possible. But actually it turned out good. Build it man.

Attached Files:

20. I like those ol dodges. I had one in the 70s...a 55 with the short box. Had a flathead 6/3 speed and 8X15" chrome wheels....was a sweet little truck.This is the only photo I have of it...hiding behind my 57 Super Chief.

Attached Files: