Register now to get rid of these ads!

Portland OR Sunday morning voodoo donut run.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Oct 26, 2009.

1. couverkid

couverkid

Think I may drive over.

Attached Files:

2. A Rodder

A Rodder

You got it, Joe's Truck & Trailer Supply. Swing by when you can, Joe

3. I did a drive by on my way to work, wish I had the time to stop in. How about every sun., or every other, monthly?, quarterly?...

4. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

i say every sunday, itll give the gearheads stuff to do during the off season! i can only make it every other though... working every other weekend is a bitch

5. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Yo! If ya start doin it more often I'll make the run from Olympia.

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

hey guys,
    first of all i want to say thanks to everyone who showed up- i couldn't believe the turnout. that was awesome. it couldn't have been better, lots of really cool cars. it was nice to meet all of you i had a chance to talk to.
    lots of people were taking pictures, i'm sure someone will post some up. i took a couple that i'll post here in a bit.
    so we were thinking that we would do voodoo donuts every first sunday of the month, rain or shine. i'll keep you all posted with that, and thanks again to everyone who came out!!

7. Erik B

Erik B

It was a fun meet and good to hook up with some people I haven't seen in a while. I took pics but will have to wait until tonight to post them. Definitely would be nice to see this as a weekly with the weather permitting. I know some people by their cars but not by face so I'll need to get there earlier to see who is driving what.

And the line looked long for donuts so I'm still a Voodoo virgin....

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

the line was super long, it took like a half hour to get a donut when i went in, that was after a long time of waiting for it to "die down" a little. crazy.

9. Fidget

Fidget

Couldn't make it due to kid issues....in fact I didn't make one show this year due to kid issues. Anyone get pics?

10. Erik B

Erik B

Yeah but the work computer won't sync with the camera for some reason. I'll post tonight. I didn't get everyone's car but there were some cool cars to be seen. Not much of a field reporter.

11. 26 coupe

26 coupe

Pics

Attached Files:

12. 26 coupe

26 coupe

more pics

Attached Files:

13. glmke

glmke

wow great turnout, look forward to next month

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

this was awesome to see :

[​IMG]

15. Erik B

Erik B

Yeah, that was very cool to see. With the values associated with Von Dutch stuff I was surprised to see that there. Looks pretty much untouched.

16. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

good turn out!!! next month i have the first sunday off! so that works for me! btw, who owns that little white coupe?

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

a bird shit on travis, that was also cool to see:

[​IMG]

18. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

I need more photos, this was alot of fun.

19. Payaso

Payaso

Great idea Jake!!

Had a Great time!! Awesome meeting everyone in such a low-key setting...after a few meets we'll all know each other by name in no time...first Sunday of every month? Consider my Heavy Chevy and I there!!

Clayton- I'm still talking about that ride!! What a F******* Blast!!! Thanks a ton!!! I'm a Welder by trade...if you ever need any work done...please let me know!! That offer goes for all of you, it'll be cool to start a local network to help each other out? Anyhow...Great meeting you all...if you see me around, say 'What's Up!'!!

When I got home I flipped through one of my Von Dutch books and found the "Utility Van" in there...and it even asked a question in the article about it, it said- "You have to wonder where this thing might be today. In a scrap heap perhaps?". Hell No!! It's Alive and Well in the Great Northwest!! Thanks Sally!!!

Skreemin- Next time we'll definitely head over to NW and piss off the 'Hipsters'!! We can grab some lunch at Escape from New York. Anyone else?

Well...see ya guys next time...or around?

Side note- Anyone going to the Misfits show at Berbate's Pan Nov. 13th?

20. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

nah, i saw them in seattle last time they played. jan. i think... im trying to go to the dropkick murphys show on the 11th instead

21. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

It's official, that was a blast! Cool cars, great people! Hell yes Mondo, next time we'll take a spin through the big city!

22. Blackie

Blackie

I didn't get a chance to meet many people (I was the one chasing the 3 year old kid hopped up on Halloween candy and a chocolate donut) but had a great time. See you all there next time around.

23. I was there but brought 2 bud's and had another meet us there. By the time we got done looking at and talking about what was there every one was leaving. That's OK, I kind of live in the shadows anyway. I took a few photo's but most are already posted pretty closely to what I have except for the People and the Ass Shot. I seem to look at things from behind it seems. Nice line up eh?
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

24. couverkid

couverkid

Great idea, good a excuse to take my son in his favorite truck (dont know why its a BOS) with dad for the morning was a good time. First time having a bacon maple bar.I would say it was a good day.

25. Payaso

Payaso

I thought about going to that one too...my buddies friends band, My Life in Black & White, are opening for DropKick that night...ended up buying tix for the Misfits before I found out about the DM show! At the Roseland right? That's a Great Venue!

26. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

mondo-what part of pdx are you in? let's get together again some time soon and drink a beer or something.

27. Thompson Speed Shop

Thompson Speed Shop

I had a great time getting together with some friends. I wish I could of met some more of you hambers. I think once a month would be great! This is a great hobby with great people. Thanks for putting that together. Mike

28. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    mike, thanks for coming out- i was drooling all over that car of yours..

29. need Denise to get name tags, and a HAMB group photo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  30. flattrap

flattrap

This was a great idea, hell it got my pops out even. See ya next time.