Register now to get rid of these ads!

***Munster's 51' Chevy coupe Chop***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ian Berky, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

HAHAHA!! I can if you want me to!!

2. John Denich

John Denich

Yup after the GNRS its yours to finish!!!

3. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Right on!! Stoked!!

4. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

that looks so awesome. my buddy jeff just picked up a 50 chevy coupe and i told him about this thread, hope he gets inspired. you are totally an inspiration, your work hauls ass as does your work ethic. cant wait to see more from you. take care
    jim

5. Lucky444

Lucky444

Ian,

Glad you couldn't stay away, brah!

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Beautiful flow and contours........very nice. I do have a question about welding the pillars though. I noticed that the pillars are multilayer structures but not mention is made, or photos illustrating, rewelding each individual structure section. That would require 'peeling' piece of the outer layer or skin, welding the ineer structure and then reinstalling the outer skin. Ideally, they would not be on the same place, but offset some amount. These comments are not specific to your chop, but apply to all those I have seen on this site and in other venues.

For commercial body shops there is the ICAR standards that many shops adhere to which are designed to insure original structural integrity is maintained, if not exceeded, during major panel repairs. Some years ago I rebuilt a BMW Z3 M Coupe that had taken a nasty hit and was coached through the job by an ICAR committed body man and, while more time consuming, yielded a really first rate panel splice.

Of course, it's a moot if the vehicle isn't crashed in the future, but who knows if that could happen. Not intending this to be seen as criticism.....but food for thought and discussion.

7. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx again all you guys!!

Good point man, i'll take a pic of the inside and show you how much is cut and 90% of the inner structure is getting rebuilt, I have a lot of room to be able to get in there and reinforce it. You'll see! It wont be like stock but strong as hell. I guess when you chop you have to compromise too!:) COOL=COMPROMISE, just like lowering thes cars so much you can't take the back tires off without taking the whole rear end apart:eek:

8. fiftyfiveford

fiftyfiveford

Wow, thats going to be nice!, you want to come up to Canada and chop my fleetline?

9. Chris Melzo

Chris Melzo
    from Reno, NV

Man that looks good. I want MY 51 coupe done up like that.

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

To say you have talent is an understatement. Keepin it greezy there playa!

11. TikiBoi13

TikiBoi13
    from San Pedro

The cut is clean. It flows smooth as hell. Going to follow this one. Keep up the good work. Keep it coming.

12. lorodz

lorodz

great job.has a perfect profile ....flows nice as well

13. munster

munster
    from burbank

ian you fucken rock! the car is becoming everything i wanted it to be! i can not thank you enough. if you are thinking of chopping your car...ask ian. not only do you get great chop but also a great friend!

hey fonzie...your a dick! haha!

14. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Great job guys. I know who to call the next time I need a chop.

Doc.

15. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Ian Great job as always. You can make a small fortune doing chops but I really want to see you create something from scratch. I think you have the natural skills to create some really badass works. I think we'll be seeing alot more of you. Keep em coming.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  16. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Means a whole fuck#@$%ing lot guys!! Thank you!!:) Munster, you are a great friend my friend!!:)

17. striper

striper

Well, Ian, if I was closer you could do my 52. But since you're so far away and let's face it, it's obviously easy to do....I'll have to do it myself. :)

Man you make it look so easy I just want to go out and chop mine right now. Another good one!

Pete

18. chopt49

chopt49

damn boy! Great job!

Your making me want to redo ALL my past work.....

19. Muttley

Muttley

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that's a good looking chop. be sure to take lots of pics of the rear window lay down part... that's the part that has me wondering. I'm kind of thinking of removing the bump where the beltline trim goes and using upside down reversed side to side Fleetline beltline on mine, but I'm interested in seeing how you do it while retaining the original beltline trim.

did you learn anything from your original chop on your own car that you wish you had done differently?

21. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

I sure wish my chop came out as clean as this one or Omar's. I love that mine has no beltline and mine is a lot more chopped too. I'll post a ton o pics of the rear. Munster is keeping the belt line.

22. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Thanx so much for the kind words guys!!:)

23. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

looks great man, i think your a natural at doing chops...

24. ticktock

ticktock
    from New Jersey

Ian, you're killing it man.

This guy is on fire.

25. Hooligansince65

Hooligansince65
    from Chicago

I Got to tell you that your chop post are two of my favorite ones on here lately. Fuckin awesome work!!! Now for a guy who just started Its a bit weird like a kid that's 5 years old and conducts a orchestra or another one that whips out a picaso during art time in kindergarten. It's like your just born to do this maybe its just you have an old Hotrod Soul... whatever it is you my friend have it...Ok there is a bad side too. The bad side now lookin at my 54 chop i wish i would have pitched the pillars forwards I still may with some help. Hint Hint.

26. Hooligansince65

Hooligansince65
    from Chicago

Pics Iphone cam not so good.

Attached Files:

• chop.jpg
      chop.jpg
      File size:
      206 KB
      Views:
    • c2.jpg
      c2.jpg
      File size:
      287 KB
      Views:
  27. lgh1157

lgh1157

Holy shit balls . . . . .. . . . .

This is like the 3rd car you've chopped in a year right ? . . . . . and it seems you could chop one over a weekend or two . . . . . wow

Looks killer, I guess Munster drives Chevy's now huh :D :D

28. plan9

plan9

chris is cool, but that munster guy is an asshole!!!

excellent work Ian... proof of ones skill is in the puddin'!

29. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Im not sure, but I think they are '54 oldsmobile hubcaps.... That is what came on my mom/dads when they bought it original....

[​IMG]

30. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

You guys are just too nice!! Thanx a lot !! Hooligan, Both your cars are sick!! I love the caddy!! The 54 is perfect!! Dont doubt yourself!!:) Leave it!!:)

Munster rules for letting me cut his perfectly stock 51':eek:!!

All these comments mean a whole lot guys!!! Thank you so much!!:)