Register now to get rid of these ads!

I heard a new one yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Oct 29, 2009.

1. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I have been working part time for a farmer and yesterday we moved to a field with an old orchard and some ramshakle buildings. In the end of one building was a 28-29 Model A coupe ,decent and all there but quite a ways from driving.Well, I had to ask ,and guess what? I was told that Ford Motor Company had tried to buy that car for years .
    Imagine that !!

2. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What was the reason Ford want it so bad? I'm sure if they just wanted a 28-9 coupe chasing this one for years wouldn't be important!
    Doc.

3. roundvalley

roundvalley

I know a couple of farmers here in Idaho that must have the same car, but they told me Ford wanted the whole farm!

4. Mac_55

Mac_55

There is a fella near me with some old mercs and fords. most mid to late 60's . Ford has tried to buy everything he owns . LOL HA HA HA.

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Are you sure it wasn't Harrison Ford...he may want to resurrect his old movie role...

R-

6. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey JOE COOL. now there's a man that can't be baught! my hero, but believe me some day ford will get it. WHY? because they can. i mean they did build it RIGHT? and no doubt would restore it to perfection. and besides MONEY is no object. call me POP...or the old FART!

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow! That guy must have some relatives in Connecticut and Northern California. ;)

Some people have some strange ideas of value. Nothing is "worth" anything, dollar wise, that is, until you sell it. When you do sell it, the highest price you can get for it is what it is worth.

I have people tell me all of the time that I am "ruining" a valuable car (that I bought for $100-$500). Others seem to think that $3k is a fortune.

8. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Joe, did you make the old man an offer? Amazing when talking actually turns to money, sometimes people come around. Can't HURT just to ASK.

9. Joe...just tell me where it is and I'll do the rest. I love 28-29s.
    BTW, you never call, you never email, you never come over...are we through, Joe? Are we OVER?.....

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  10. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Tell him if the Ford Motor Co. really wanted to buy the Model A they would have.
    Maybe you can trade your part time labor for the car instead of a paycheck.

11. I had an inflated opinion of the worth of some of my crap till I decided to get rid of it, the space it takes up is usually worth more!

12. I like to tell folks ( nope not for sale because it is made from unobtainim and dipped in gold) In other words you dont got enough money. Sometimes when im not feeling as onery i simply state i bought it cheap enough that i can afford to keep it. Oldwolf

13. atomickustom

atomickustom

Amen to that! A car is only worth what someone will pay you for it. I used to inquire about a lot of yard cars as a teen (I bought a couple that way), and I was always astounded by the yahoos who thought that the '66 Pontiac 4-door sinking into the ground next to their garage was worth $10k because it was old. I'd say only one out of ten actually gave me a reasonable price. The other nine would either go with the old "I'm going to fix it up" or they'd say something like "yes, it's for sale. I'm asking seven thousand for it. FIRM!"

(Keep in mind this was the early 1980s, when $5k bought you a show car!)

Bottom line: Ford does not want that man's Model A coupe.

14. belair

belair

LOL-isn't THAT the truth! I had reality set in after trying to sell some stuff too.

15. FatDave

FatDave

Ask him what it's insured for... because if Ford really wanted it, they'd have it by now and if he wouldn't sell it to them, they'd just take it and he'd be screwed.

Make him an offer.

16. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Listen big boy ,I found another,someone who treats me right,someone who appreciates the long walks and the long talks that we shared.
    No really I'm just down the road a bit ,stop at beautiful downtown Hamburg when you fly by !!

17. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Rocky..................Joe.....................you guys need to get a room.:cool::D

Frank