Register now to get rid of these ads!

barn find recreation deuce 3-window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Stimac, Oct 29, 2009.

1. mctommy

mctommy
    from sweden

Regarding Holeshot! Look at his reply in my thread " Erson cams help...."

Other than that i think this is goin to be one nice car!!

mctommy

2. Looking good John! I can't wait to see it in person.

Mike

3. Doesn't matter what he does with it, I'm jealous. Now go burn rubber.

4. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

[QUOTE="Doc" Parsons;4501368]Why[/QUOTE]

Because that's what he wants and its his car and his $$$$.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  5. Weasel

Weasel

Apparently some of us are not because they are too busy raining on someone's parade...:rolleyes:

6. John Stimac

John Stimac

Omigosh..... First of all, I'm not paying a shop to build this car,I am the shop.Second of all, I'm not hiding the fact that its a BVILL, and what I'm doing. The 32 roadster [barn find Brookville] that was on display at the 75th Anniversary Grand National roadster show in Pamona, the one up front near the podium, started life in my shop,and ended up there 4 owners later. I understand that this car was represented as a real barn find, which wont be my style. We, The Hot Rod Shop of Milwaukee, are Brookville dealers, and I thought this to be a really neat way to show and display this wonderful body. I also thought that to SHARE my progress on this build, is what you guys like to see, and hopefully will inspire, and promote the only material thing that I care about. The smoothing out of this body is flawless, and this car could be transformed into a true gem in short order. This will simply be its first incarnation. I am useing an accumilation of 32 components to build this diamond in the rough. Lets all have fun and be united in what we love.
    Best Regards to all on this site,
    John Stimac

7. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Nice retort John , good luck & have fun with the build & subsequent driving, looks good to me .

8. Hawaiianstyle

Hawaiianstyle

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I bet it will be a great car, period.

10. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a guy does with his own money and his own car are none of my business. Build it like you want it for yourself - isn't that what this is supposed to be about?

Truth is most of us would really like to get a Brookville three window for ourselves -

11. A Boner

A Boner

Just remember there are more horses asses than there are horses.

John, the coupe looks great..........Please keep us posted as the build progresses..........looks like a fun project to me!

I agree the HOT ROD community is small, and smaller than most people realize...........and we should all try to get along.

-Dennis

12. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Haha! He sure got a lot of folks that time!

But, paint would be better than the 'barn find' rout, imho!

13. Well 'barn find' is a pretty broad description I guess. One version would be a still in good condition original old car, the other extreme would be that fibreglass roadster that was on the front cover of Street Rodder and looked like a pulled from a swamp movie prop - and I think that's the interpretation that scares people.

14. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I am amazed that "barn find" gets so many people wadded up. At least nobody said "Rat Rod"! Geez! The guys got a nice car.....whatever. ;)

15. la4dice

la4dice

His car, his money! Do what you wanta.

16. AMEN!! if he said he was going to cut the shit out of it, but some air bags in the back, and z the frame 18 inches...then its flame on. i think most of the people here (including my self) are jealous that he has a 3-window, even if it is a b'ville boddy or not. those fenders, grille and firewall look to all be all original and in EXCELLENT condition, should make an interesting build thread. so,, build what you want, just not a rrrrrraaa..... rrrraaaa... rrraaaa... i cant even say it.:rolleyes: just my 2 lincolns

17. Hey John, you got one of the coolest 32 sedan deliverys I ever seen . Don't be put off by the ballbusters. Hope you'll post some more pics of the 3 window as it progresses.

18. YOU GO JOHN! It's your car and your cash. Despite comments on here I like your idea a lot! Just aren't enough "barn finds" to go around anymore - so make yer own!

Want to see pics as you get underway...

19. autobilly

autobilly

Way to get your post count up POP! Try checking out some general content 'round here, maybe you'll find some threads that you have an opinion about or would like to add to or comment on.
    Looks like you found a grenade.

20. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Took me 7 years to straighten out my "outside a barn" find.

Good luck keep posting the pictures, they are always nice to see:D

21. titus

titus

Carl was gonna bring us over and show it to us but we ran out of time, looks cool.

John, was your 32 sedan delivery body ever in mn back in the 70's?

JEFF

22. Building a barn find will require the same talent as building a show car.

John, if you need some real bird crap, my parrot works for peanuts.

23. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rust, bird shit, worn out paint and fake patina. Yeah it's a style. When you post on a public forum you're going to get opinions. They're your opinions so let em out if you must, just like the HAMB-old tradition of responses saying "it's your car..." when you don't have one or the stones to say it. I for one am not a fan of the "suck off the Rolling Bones club" just as I'm not a fan of worn out shit brindle junk hotrods. Barn finds are what Ryan wrote about in the last TRJ. I think the car he wrote of and photographed is an example that should be documented and recorded for posterity but still in dire need of restoration. Leaving tattered and used up things "as is" is not the right impression if history is truely the motive.

As for taking new and making it old I'll stay with my opinion with no regard for who's doing it. Who it is doesn't matter. What it is and what they're doing matters. Yeah, OK I'll cop out and relate the fun factor and all the other cliche' bullshit about no rules and no right or wrong if it makes some feel better. But going backwards on a build is typically, well, backwards. Hotrods and kustoms have always been about upgrades and the latest fashion of downgrading things is like wearing a current Von Dutch t-shirt and not knowing it was a real person...IMO

24. I want the time back I spent reading all these posts!

25. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

John IS AWESOME. A very well respected, knowledgeable, generous and happy dude. If you have been in this " traditional " side of things for a while or have any Ford knowledge John is one of those dudes that you would be lucky to call a friend .

Let me put it this way, it's not really a fake patina... it's going to match the rest of the ORIGINAL paint on the car, of which the fenders and grill shell are painted ..it's like a ford medium green oh yeah and it's probably going to be lacquer.

I for one had a great time doing the body work and kinda overseeing and working on that 3 window . My bro has been over at the shop helping the 3 window come along and it is looking killer.

If all you internet Obi-wan Ka-newbies flexing your Terrel Owens "GETCHA" popcorn ready muscles have NO clue .

John doesn't build,own crap.. just a different interpretation on what can be done with a beautiful brand new 3 window body.

The thing is.... John has probably owned /done/built/purchased more 32's than 99% of the "experts" on this board and has a deep respect for the true history of hotrods .

Somebody already pointed it out... if this was a rolling bones ( which i personally love) or some other west coast , or builder of the day who was self promoing the crap out of themselves on a daily basis you guys would be falling over your jaws while trying to pull thier balls off your chin telling them how awesome they were.

In case your curious, I haven't done that yet to John but it's coming when he gets back from sunny AZ.

Rad car....

Jerome

26. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Man, some of the shit you dorks say is too much!

I'm glad John elaborated on the barn find heading, but only because it should settle down some of your negative bastards.

What I'm going to tell you is true, it's written, you can look it up...
    John Stimac has forgotten more about 1932 Fords stock or otherwise than most of US will ever know! He has been eating, breathing & shiting (it's true too, I saw the poop) hot rods, & early Ford V8's since before he could legally drive.
    You fucking clowns that spout off the second someone puts a post on here that doesn't meet your approval or is not what you think is right or cool, with out knowing anything about the mans background or even asking the dude to explain, it's so lame.

Hell yes John is my friend, he is a great man, but my reply is more about think before you speak, you never know who the individual is on the other end of the keyboard, or what they know or what they have accomplished, at the end of the day you sound like a sausage.
    I swear, some of you dudes have done shit, done nothing, but you throw stones like you have bronze bust waiting for you in the hotrod hall of fame.
    So as you are welcome to your opinions this has been mine, you jealous, negative kooks don't like it, I could give a shit.

Sincerely,
    Cheatercarl
    Cheaters Hot Rod & Kustom Car Club, Milwaukee, WI

27. John Stimac

John Stimac

Not mine, but I know the car. It was green, then blue with black fenders. It was owned by Maury Lamb

28. i for one would like to see some pics.
    Al.

29. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

I second that. John, is it gonna be pretty much stock? or are you going to do a few tweaks like a dropped axle and juice brakes?