Register now to get rid of these ads!

stranded in ok city for halloween weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Topolino Kid, Oct 19, 2009.

1. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

ok..we're good...

2. CJ, I live in OKC and I am an honorary member of the CenTexCruisers in Austin. Know Scott Brown, Raul and Joe from Monarch Transmissions. Don't make me send them to visit you:D

3. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

ROFL! Now THAT'S hilarious! hahaha... Well i'm helping pull Joe's blown ass 396 outta the International this Saturday. Instruct him to attack me AFTER i'm done sweatin' my ass off under his truck LOL...

Small world. Next time you're in town, hit us up. We all live within 2 minutes of eachother in "Shit hole" Hutto. haha...

-Chris

4. Chris, you got it. I will probably be coming through the week between Christmas and New Years if not before......and of course for the Lonestar Roundup. Explain to Joe that there is a red line on his tach for a reason :D

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Thank you CJ Steak.

6. was out walking around last nite to eat..hit up cracker barrel...at 5'6" i'm not the biggest guy..but at 195 lbs and no belly, well lets just say that when i ran demo's in detriot it wasn't much of an issue with the "better" side of town...any how, off to class , will hopefully have the phone straightened out today..the wife is working on it in mich...

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thats the spirit bud!:cool:

more than one way around.."policy";)

8. well i've map quested just about all the places that have been suggested..sounds like a good assortment...but having a hard time finding Ray's back yard:eek:...

the met in Tulsa sounds like the place to be sat...good weather should bring a good turn out...in over a years time, i've managed to be hung up every time a Hamb-able affair is happening..gotta fly 1200 miles to get a shot at one...

we seem to be getting cut out around 4..will be at the local TA doing shop workshop fri and thru the way it looks...tonite i had to shop and replace what the airport took from my bag, so not much time ...
    didn't realise how close the motel is to old rt 66...Ann's Chicken Fry is less then 3 miles from here...La Quinta on south meridian...right next to the 40....anyone wanting to cruise by:D...guess this would be the time to mention that i've never riden in anything with the old style straight axel ford setup like i've stuffed under Lil Beast..or any old customs for that matter.....and the weather is just about perfect:p:p:p:p...oh well i guess i got no pride anymore.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

wife was running late today, but the cell is supposed to be up first thing in the morning...no calls during school time...8-4....and it'll tell ya to hold while it finds me, so....

734 299-0063......

otherwise i'll be ringin phones of those who have offered...and thanks to the guys who have stepped up to make being away from home easier.....mark

9. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

Almost forgot to mention, bring CASH to Ann's Chicken Fry!!! I found out the hardway...

Doh!

Also, let me know how you liked it. :)

10. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

ray's place ...randaddy and i have a common friend that has about 450-550 cars in his backyard. his father is 93 years old and been saving these cars since before time. he still has his 1918 or 19 studebaker he drove in college...still running. he has a little of everything,jags,rolls,muscle,streetrod,hotrod, it's a wild place to get lost in. a lot of old firetrucks too.

Attached Files:

• 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      138.9 KB
      Views:
    • 059.JPG
      059.JPG
      File size:
      136.9 KB
      Views:
    • 060.JPG
      060.JPG
      File size:
      136.3 KB
      Views:
  11. Ray's Place is just outside Shawnee, OK. I have a bunch of A & T tin there as well as all of Ray's stuff. I can swing by tomorrow evening, but I am driving a 2008 Dodge pickup. My 52 Chevy pickup is not together. It won't hurt my feelings if you get a better offer.:D

12. Big Tony

Big Tony

Try to catch a ride to Denton with someone to catch the drag races...

13. The Texas State Championships + Nostalgia Cackle will be at North Star raceway just North of Denton, TX on Sunday. A good time to be had. Stop on by.

14. well meet up with Randy, (Randaddy) tonite, took me on the local tour of OKC...did Ann's Chicken fry...went past the bombing memorial, that was very sobering, to say the least...thru Bricktown, and past a ton of other cool places...seen some old tin at a tow yard, stored on the upper (2nd floor)...ya could see the dust from years of just setting there...very good tour guide, can't beleive all the places we went in 4 hours...thanks Randy....

15. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

glad randy was a good host...when he's with me..i have to feed him..ha ha.....

16. hmmmmmmmm..maybe that's his trademark/mo...i had to feed him too..:mad::mad::mad:.and he surely ain't no lil guy :eek::eek::eek:hahahahah...

just kidding Randy, i insisted on paying....:D:D:D:D...

17. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

you guys coming up to hot rod garage sattidy??

18. check your pm........:p

19. Glad to be of service, good to meet and get to know you. We will try to do it again before you go home.

Jim, not sure I can make it Saturday, family stuff might make me stay close to home. If you pick Mark up, be sure to run him by Van's before you take him home. You guys can fight over the check.........:D

20. 72 and older drags at thundervalley there in oklahoma city are on sunday the first if your still there . . i will be leaving from tulsa area heading that way . . there is a post on here from the guy putting it on . . .search thunder valley there are some pics from last year . . let me know if you need a ride . . . or if you come up saturday and stay the night i can get you back to the city and or the drags . . let me know

21. not sure how tomorrow will end..just sorta wingin it..but it does sound like another day of good times....

on the other hand, i did hear from Ken and Keith about 1 hour ago, and they are doing well and should be here around 7 pm tonite...so about 2 hours to kill...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.......and they asked about room availability, and they do have some open here...so......hangin out waiting for their arrival....looking like it's going to be a well rounded weekend:cool::cool::cool:

22. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Try Thunder Valley Raceway Park on 10-31, Gasser Meet.

23. Roothawg

Roothawg

I'm sure you know this, but just in case, this thread is a few years old. I'd hate for a guy to plan around this old thread.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Lets meet at your house for steaks?

25. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

Anytime Mick.:D