Register now to get rid of these ads!

1 mph......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959cac, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Thumper

Thumper

Holy Shit !!...........what a story.......Welcome home.

2. FuelFC

FuelFC

If only you would have called ahead first.

Damn sorry about the ordeal.

And sorry for the prophetic intro to "The Rest of the Story". Kind of scarred myself here now reading the rest of the ordeal.

Good luck to you and don't hold it against all of us here. Come on back sometime and we'll show other places you might like just a little better.

Damn relevant tags keep adding on as well.

3. 1959cac

1959cac

Thanks to everyone else in TX I met.

4. S.F.

S.F.

ahh, dont listen to them, half of them have more HAMB posts than garage hours....It may not be my style of a build, but I think its cool you built what you had and got it going and drove it that far. And you had fun driving there.

Correction....just read the reast of the post....holy crapp what an ordeal!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  5. 1959cac

1959cac

I threw that truck together in April of 2007. Tightened the headers twice, a fuel pump, water pump, and a loose column bolt. That's it. I purposely built it ugly and oddly proportioned, and RAKED the body over the rails. A few people started to make fun of it over the years, until they looked closer at the odd ingenuity and got stumped.Anyway, the punks that poke fun, do it on a laptop. I went there to succeed, and survive.
    I had several thousand dollars in my sock, in my linesman boot, under my ankle holster, with a full clip of +P hollow points, with one chambered. A 38 on my hip. A Rottweiler in the truck with me. A pistol grip shotgun behind the seat. Clubs and knives in the truck. with the attitude of a line backer.
    These punks don't even make eye contact, much less approach me at a gas station.:D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. Interesting story, for sure! So, you're back in GA now. What's next for you? Any plans?

7. 1959cac

1959cac

Getting settled. Feel better just typing all this out. Gonna wait 'til Monday, start with a clear head.

8. Holy Hell JEFF - I was thinking about you this weekend wondering how it was going. I had no inkling your experiences would be anything like what I just read. Really I was wondering how the hell you could leave that girl friend of yours :d. Glad it all turned out and you got away from the most f'd up landlord on the planet. I've been out west and truth be told I came back because of the people. Maybe it is because when you are at home people are better to you becuase you belong, I don't know what the difference it, there was a difference though.

Maybe it was that truck that scared the shit out of everbody out there. Just like this thread people judged you because of that truck. Once they got to know you a little it was OK. I assume you left that with the guy you sold everything to since you rode home with your girl.

Do you still have your old place? That place was cool. Thanks for showing me the thread, I had missed all this.

9. 1959cac

1959cac

I guess I had a totally wrong idea of Texas, it has the biggest Government / Taxation of anywhere I've been, and way too many outdated laws on the books, that GA did away with. I understand what you have on your southern border, and now I see why there are more Hispanics in GA than TX. Impossible start up state for an Auto Restoration sole proprietorship. From common law marriage to archaic title laws and inspections....thanks but no thanks. Bubba might move to GA too.Never assume anything about a state, until you get involved there.

10. S.F.

S.F.

Haha! thats bad ass!