Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot off the grille

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CalifCarl, Nov 8, 2004.

1. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

[​IMG]

I wanted to build one myself and this is what I come up with.

2. JonP

JonP
    from Oxford CT

thats pretty cool!!

Jon

3. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Me no likey.

4. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

I don't have a problem with that. Any particular reason?

5. laidoutford

laidoutford

fucking gay... Do they stock those at Auto Zone now? Did I mention I didn't like it?

6. CalifCarl, don't those comments make you just wanna tear that off your car and do what everyone else does?
    Beat to your own drum man. I like that it's different and thank GOD it's not an iron cross! Constructive criticism is a foreign thing to some people.

7. laidoutford

laidoutford

[ QUOTE ]
    CalifCarl, don't those comments make you just wanna tear that off your car and do what everyone else does?
    Beat to your own drum man. I like that it's different and thank GOD it's not an iron cross! Constructive criticism is a foreign thing to some people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you are right FARMER (now I know why you like the flames), they look about as good as those orange marker lights. Sorry, yer reply didn't make the flames any prettier. [​IMG]

8. A gay Farmer with a wife and three kids....what is this world coming to?
    Since you are the authority on what is cool and what is not,
    why don't you enlighten us on what's acceptable and what isn't? Please show us the grill on YOUR hotrod and let us compare which is better....you do have a better looking grill on your '32 don't you?

9. james

james

Looks good, and you made it yourself, which is the coolest part. Any idiot can use a credit card and call dial-a-rod. I do hafta agree on those marker lights, those do have homosexual leanings. [​IMG]

10. I have seen worse, but Carl, the grill is good, but like the man said I have to agree..(intervention) those marker lights might cause others to become violently angry when they have visual contact with the lights. If you did that grill we have faith that you can and will overcome the orange marker light dilema.....let's see the rest of that car! Looks nice from what we can see

11. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Marker lights gotta go!!!!...........Grill shell is cool to me though........

Spoons

12. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

13. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

LOL, I view my project as a work in progress. This is the progress after eight years in the making. Always wanting to be different but not to the point of being rediculous. Which was the hot rod way as I remember it.

I plan on making a new headlight bar in the future and will take the turn signal light issue under advisement.

Here's the dash of a diffent color, contructed of oak and fiberglass. [​IMG]

The interior is the only thing I didn't do on this car. That was stitched by my brother.

[​IMG]

14. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I dig it...After 8th years your car looks really good..

15. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

All ya need now is a big chrome wiener rad.cap! Wienie roast! Naaa maaan!!!!!!!! These guys are right, you made it yerself, yer car is nice & you gotta run what ya like. It's a bit flashy for my tastes but wtf, it's your car. Just bein honest.

16. Dirty2

Dirty2

If you like it its OK !!!! [​IMG]

17. I like the grill,,,but the turn signals look like ,,well,they don't look to good to me,,they take away from the grill.........but it is your car!HRP

18. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

I like the insert.

Attached Files:

19. laidoutford

laidoutford

[ QUOTE ]
    A gay Farmer with a wife and three kids....what is this world coming to?
    Since you are the authority on what is cool and what is not,
    why don't you enlighten us on what's acceptable and what isn't? Please show us the grill on YOUR hotrod and let us compare which is better....you do have a better looking grill on your '32 don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never labeled you as being gay, but if you feel this is a good time to talk about your homosexual tendencies, by all means feel free to express your thoughts on the HAMB.
    Why do I have to have something to compare to something I simply don't care for? Since I don't like his grill design, then I must have a better design before I say I don't like his? Okay, whatever. I just don't like his grill, period. It is ugly. Yes, I am talking shit. [​IMG]

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Honestly, if that were my car, the interior would be gone, the tilt column AND the grille insert. It's harsh for me to say this, but I can't be anything but true to how I feel.

Feel free to bag on my endeavors, I can take it, and I have.

I got some shit for the quarters I made on my '34.

21. CalifCarl

CalifCarl

I'm disappointed Nads doesn't like the the tilt column.

I wish it was a tilt column, then I could get my ass in and out of it alot easier. 87 S10 not a tilt.

I wasn't looking for total approval, constructive crititism is fine with me.

At least I know now that I need to dump the tilt column and then snag me some mexican horse blanket to replace the interior.

I'm still waiting for my red steelie with wide whites to come in. Not! [​IMG]

22. i can dig the workmanship....

23. scarylarry

scarylarry

Well I guess all the hip newbies have spoken. Laidout...have not seen the photo of your bitchin'(est) 32 grill yet.Please school us.

24. scarylarry

scarylarry

My post only applys to the hater type newbies of coarse. Nads, see ya in Daytona!

25. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

laidout,
    It's not what you're saying, it's how you're saying it. If you don't like it, I'm sure there's a nicer way of saying it than "Fucking gay" and "Do they stock those at Auto Zone?"...you sound ignorant and self-righteous.

CalifCarl,
    Good for you man, you had the testicular fortitude to step outside of the box and do something a bit different, you always open yourself up to criticism when you do that. I am personally impartial to the grille flames, however it does accent the flamed door panels nicely and keeps an overall theme. But you made the grille yourself and judging by the rest of your car, it looks real nice and your workmanship looks excellent...way better then some of the trash I see in 'Ol Skool Rodz that people try to pass off for finished cars. Keep up the good work.

26. laidoutford.......I wonder what you were implying when you stated "FARMER (now I know why you like the flames)"? sounds like you're calling me a flamer? Pretty tough of you when we don't know Who you are, Where you are, and Nothing about you. (I'm refering to your lack of Bio-fuckin newbie)
    I might be your neighbor dumbass. Lose your tough guy badass "fuck rat rods" attitude and then come back.