Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any one like falcons?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by fastfalcon_19, Sep 5, 2009.

1. iamq

iamq
    from Ma

one I used to own...

[​IMG]

2. the 1964 falcon sprint convertible 260 4 speed , black with red interior to me is the best looking falcon from factory original. its like a black tux. oh so classy! If I was you I would have kept that little black futura for the rest of my life!

3. 440shawn

440shawn

Hey Bro welcome from Illinois! I love your project.

4. iamq

iamq
    from Ma

Mine had a 6 with factory 4 spd. Pain in ass getting parts for the Dagenham 4 spd , ended up having to get custom machine shop make the parts... I put about 60-80K miles on it but having a fleet of Chevy's it was totally different working on it. The torque boxes were getting weak from rust and a guy offered me twice what I payed for it.. so gone.. that was 15 yrs ago..

5. hey thanks! this forum rocks!

6. Falcon Fever

Falcon Fever

I've had quite a few of them. All round bodies untill now. Have 2 square body projects I am currently putting together, 64 hardtop and 65 chero. My favorite was the 63 convertible, 144(changed to a 170), buckets and 4 speed. Had lots of Chevy's but always thought Falcons were kind of unique to own.

Attached Files:

7. senior fried

senior fried

Those are SWEET ! Looks like you have the best of both worlds.

8. dbowl

dbowl

I drive one. 62 Sports Futura. Always have loved them.

Attached Files:

• file.jpg
      file.jpg
      File size:
      320.5 KB
      Views:
  9. ronnie tidwell

ronnie tidwell
    from odessa tx

looks like tommy mcneeleys fuel car and later a wheelstander, located out of monahans, tx in the 60's. check the pic on FALCON CLUB OF AMERICA. (race cars), looks very similar, thanks ronnie in odessa tx

10. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Well being for Atlanta I have to like Falcons...they haven't done very well in the past few years with that dumb ass quarterback and his dog fighting. Oh you mean the cars Falcons...NO I'm a Chevrolet kind of man. sorry

11. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

12. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Welcome from Florida. Had a '64 Ranchero for a while. It had a '64 Comet front end on it, fenders, hood, etc. When people would do a double take on it I would tell them it was a Comenchero or that it was Canadian. A lot of times they would say Oh yeah, I remember those. Had a lot of fun with that little truck.

Lee

13. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

I have a 1960 2dr falcon wagon with a 302 and c4 in it and love it!!!!!! Im trin to figure ouy how to get a pic of it up on here! i can work on cars, but this whole computer thing kills me!

14. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome cool ride

15. falconeer

falconeer

Love Falcons,
    I must,i have 4 of them:
    1965 2 dr wagon,5.0 efi,5 speed
    1965 sedan delivery,orig 289, cruise-o-matic
    1962 2 dr dlxe. wagon, 2001 gtp roller motor,c-4, must.II front susp.
    3:55 comet rear, ididit tilt col.
    1963 2dr sedan(orig 6 cyl) Now has a 95 Cobra GT roller motor, T-5 5 speed, 8.8 4:10 posi,cut to 55 3/4 with moser avels. My newest and goes like a bat out of hell.

Link to my album:
    http://public.fotki.com/falconeer/

16. dashman

dashman
    from Viroqua WI

Falcons rock! Welcome to the Hamb from Wisconsin!

17. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

One could say I might be in to falcons...
    Welcome, also from WISCONSIN!

18. Love 'em! Back in the day, I learned to drive manual on a '64 Convertible. Sure wish I could get my hands on that car!

19. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Saw a green wagon like this red one for sale on A1A in St. Augustine, FL two weeks ago. Of course was in a hurry and didn't stop.

Lee

[​IMG]

20. upperwhitetrash

upperwhitetrash

Love Falcons!!! They make killer looking Gassers!!! Welcome!!!

21. 1fineline

1fineline

Thinking 'bout ditching my 55' customline project for a 61' wagon. Just think how much fun I could have totin' the family and hound dog around with my built 289!

22. moonman42002

moonman42002
    from tulsa ok.

so kool love it. love falcons and gassers so falcon gassers are tops of the top.

23. Welcome, I've got a '64 HT Gasser in the works. Get HAMBered!!!

24. moonman, is that your 6 with classic inlines aluminum head and side drafts!!!??!?! saweetttttt

25. I have a question to ask, Im working on my 65 falcon right now in a body shop where i work. Im getting it painted in base clear soon and need some help deciding the color i want it to be. I want to put it back to the stock color of tropical turquoise, but I want to put a black roof on her. I was wondering if someone could photoshop me a photo of my car in this color with a black roof so i can make my mind up finally!!

[​IMG]

26. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

love em heres my wagon:D

Attached Files:

27. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Just sold a nice little 63 pro street sprint...Big Mistake. Welcome to the H.A.M.N.

28. MrModelT

MrModelT

fastfalcon_19

Very nice lil' Falcons you have!

I have always been a Falcon nut myself.....since I "left the whom" according to my father. :rolleyes:

Here is mine which I have owned since I was 17. It is about as "Plain Jane" as you can get! Wimbledon White/Red, NO radio, NO cigarette lighter (only one I have ever seen with a lighter delete) NO "convenience package", NO frills or extras of any kind...whoever bought this car wanted the LEAST expensive Falcon sedan money could buy! Built at the Lorain, OH plant on Feb-23-65 it still has the original 170 6cyl, 3-speed trans, interior and many of it's original gaskets and seals. In 2001, I was the first to replace the brakes in 30+ years, the tires in well over 35 years and most of the engine gaskets since 1965.....and the oil filter since 1978!

I ran it as a daily driver for a number of years, but retired her officially in 2007 as the motor was getting rather tired from years of neglect (before my ownership) and the daily use.

I am now in the process of pulling her apart to begin a frame up resto/"hop up" job on it. I plan to hop up the 170 with 3 deuces, aluminum head, decent cam, T-10 4 speed, 8" rear and 15" 5-lugs on all fours. I plan to keep it all "period" and build it as a if it was a factory and Holman-Moody Power Pack "What if" prototype.

Here are a few shots from the last few years and just recently.
    (Some of you might recognize the '26 T on the left :D)

Attached Files:

29. Uncle D

Uncle D

Nice cars guys. Still wrenching on my 65.

30. Welcome from NJ. I have three of them. Two Rancheros and a wagon. Thinking of selling these two and just keep one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010