Register now to get rid of these ads!

They opened up an old air strip for us today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slingblade44, Oct 24, 2009.

1. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

This weekend at the Maxton Mile, which is an old airstrip, Guy Lombardi a 65 year old man riding a 'Busa went down and did not survive. The Maxton time trials have been held for a number of years and I don't think this has happened before. We will see what comes of this. Nothing, I bet.

2. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

More " run what you brung " pics

Attached Files:

3. slick39

slick39
    from dallas ,ga

look's like a good time thanks for the pic

4. 270283

Ditto!

5. Raunchy

Raunchy

It was for sale. Didn't get the guys name.

6. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

I don't really like the term Rat Rod because it has become the new thing to jump on the band wagon with. As far as the Rat Rod definition goes, my little V8 pintos, V8 Vegas, and Current 77 V8 Capri could fall under that stuff, same principle just newer stuff. I Love the way the cars look, sound, and the vibe they give off sitting in a parking lot. I am 44 and this is my first serious dip into the older cars. I am really digging ot because I am calling all my dads friends and getting info on Nailheads, old packards, old everything. Just calling to ask about a certain old school engine and getting 2 hours of stories about the old cars from dads best friend who is 76 is awesome. Hell I have an older hot rodders house I go by, hang out in the drive of his garage out back and just talk shit and listen to his stories.

I am doing EVERYTHING I can to get some money togather to buy a 62 Buick to be my FIRST old school car build for this winter. But isn't what this site, group and information is here for? For guys that have been there done that, built that drove that, to share what they have learned and know with guys that are trying to get into the hobby/life style of hot rodding. I have been Sober 18 years after a HARD bout of alcoholism from 15-25 and building hot rods and such has kept me straight. I want to build an old car, but, I am still going to slap a V8 in a 76 Gremlin! I like all kinds of builds, everyone has their own taste.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  7. belair

belair

I met the guy with the Wasted Childhood car at Day of The Drags- his name is Dan Griffin-pretty nice guy The car is running a 386(?) Old engine-a punched out 370? He told me but I forgot exactly. It had 2x4, #6 heads, and a Hydro. Really neat car.

8. four door fury

four door fury

Hey guys im planning on turning my impala project into an old school 60's gasser.

It has a 283 v8 original runs with only 20000 miles it has the original powerglide transmission. TWO SPEED!!!! Any ideas? Any odd ball old school performance shit? Hit me up

i want to keep the stock motor jus make it make some good bit of ponies

9. four door fury

four door fury

Oh and it is all original head to toe, never rebuilt or anything. Completely original

10. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

11. Looks like y'all had a great place to run some Hotrods...and how "did you pull it off, with thier blessings, no less???"

12. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Somebody's going to get killed today, tomorrow, and every day after that. If it's me, I hope I'm having fun at the time.

13. Great Fun Used to do that in Lewistown,Montana in my youth.

14. BISHOP

BISHOP

That was cool the local news showed up and gave positive coverage.

I would like to show up to this next year.

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Great pics - looks like it was a bunch of fun !

16. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

True that...

17. Slingblade44

Slingblade44

You were a little older than me in HS, but I am pretty sure that you had a nasty little black Maverick when I was in school.

18. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I wish somebody would have gotten a picture of one of my 37 losses on the day. The merc is not that fast I found out. Ok I already knew......

19. buickbelle

buickbelle

Were you at the races in Salina in 08? NOW THAT WAS A ZOO!!!! I think this year was a LOT better. As for the spectators? The way the staging area was set up this year was specifically done that way to inhance crowd control, not exactly perfect but better. I know for a fact that those who put this on would like feed-back from the folks who have participated, NOW is the time to throw in your suggestions!!!! If you do have any ideas or suggestions, let me know, I will give you an email address.

Carrie