Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Fremont Dragstrip Today Oct 2009! Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M.Edell, Oct 20, 2009.

1. KEITHMAN

KEITHMAN

Hey Beppie,

I can't thank you enough! Gotta' be pics from the same race. Mom thinks it's probably taken in the 80's. We can tell the year from my Dad's haircut. :rolleyes: :D

THANK YOU!!! Have A Great Day!!!

2. KEITHMAN

KEITHMAN

Hey!! Marcus,

Thanks again for starting this thread. If not for this thread I would not have seen the following pics posted by ts3x65mph. That's my Dad leaning up against the water barrels. I PM'd him and he dug out the last three photos. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool: I'm so proud to be involved with the H.A.M.B. and the people who call themselves HAMBer's.

Thanks!! Have An Awesome Day!!!

FREMONT%20(13) Dad is in the Pic!.jpg FREMONT%20DRAG%20STRIP%20(20) Dad's in the pic!.jpg

FREMONT%20DRAG%20STRIP%20(24) Dad's in the pic!.jpg FREMONT%20DRAG%20STRIP%20(26) Dad's in the pic!.jpg

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thats What I'm talking about !! Thats Great!! Right on...I'm Loving all the pics, I think I've saved every single one to my hard drive..Thanks for all you participation.

4. ts3x65mph

ts3x65mph

Afew More Pics On The Same Day

Attached Files:

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

I Dig the timeslips!! The shot of that Stingray isnt Fremont..?

6. POPSTAGE2

POPSTAGE2
    from Wisconsin

Huh...so this shot was taken at Fremont??

[​IMG]

7. POPSTAGE2 ... Nope!

... and neither was this one:

FREMONT__46__detail.jpg

... but I know this one definitely was:

FREMONT__32__detail.jpg

('cuz that's the red rear fender of my coupe parked next to Billy Burham's Ol' Blue hiboy :))

BEPPIE (@ts3x65mph) ... Thanks for posting all of these pics ... I've seen the majority of them on the HAMB (& other drag racing sites) before ... but it's really nice to have them all in the same thread!

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  8. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Here's a few others, some may remember.
    [​IMG]

9. pastlane

pastlane

Here's some of the repro posters I used to offer for sale.

Attached Files:

10. M.Edell

M.Edell

Ken! I was wondering what happened to you! I still have all those Posters plus the Half Moon Bay ones I bought from you years ago hanging in my garage

11. pastlane

pastlane

Hey Marcus! I was wondering if that was you. I still have a ton of inventory here I need to liquidate. Hoping to sell it all off & get a real hot rod as I'm never gonna get serious with the Henry J project I have here.

12. Thundersalt

Thundersalt

[​IMG]
    Pic of me and Morland at Fremont before I put him on the trailer.

13. M.Edell

M.Edell

Oh man you still have that Henry J?!! Wow.. that's cool! Well I might be interested in buying some of your inventory...

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

How fast was that Ford of yours?

15. Thundersalt

Thundersalt

I used to run mid 9's at over 140. That run Morland showboated the burnout as he allways did as I sat waiting with one stage light on. After we staged he preceded to red light but I still went faster on that run.

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

17. bear39

bear39

Hey Thundersalt (Brian) by your profile you still have the 34. You know Cole sold his and I dont know if Greg still has his. I remember the stret rod drags as if they were yesterday. We all had fun and you guys were known as the NOR CAL 34s. Remember when Fat Jack went on his lid going through the lites. He grab me and had me take him to the finish line to check on the driver. Cleaning my garage this weekend found old CVR rod run posters and the street rod drag posters with you greg and cole Larry aka SUGAR BEAR and yes i am still married to Sandy

18. 33 Dodge

33 Dodge

I will have to try to get my hands on some of my Dad's old pictures. My Grandmother would drive him from Hayward and just drop him off for the whole day. This was in 1959 -60. So he was 11-12 years old. He started taking me out there when I was 3 yrs old. Which was in 1984. Some of the best memories about Fremont was my dad taking me out on a Wed. night walking through the pits with my a sweatshirt on to stay warm in the cool bay breeze, and some of those kick ass french fries from that run down snack bar! Still puts a smile on my face. This thread is amazing so far.

Simeon.

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

Those were great fries! lol

20. Any more pics or info on the twin engine rail? The one in the second set of pics. How the hell did that thing work?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  21. rick finch

rick finch

That was Noel Black from Sacramento in his Bonneville car (sans streamliner body) doing a test & tune. Later that same year he lost his life in a crash at Bonneville in that car. R.I.P Noel :(

22. M.Edell

M.Edell

Man where did you get all these amazing shots?

23. KEITHMAN

KEITHMAN

This A/A Bantam belonged to John L Williams, "The Wrencher". He was a friend of my Dad's. I was wonderin' when pics of him and his car would appear on this post. Anyone know if John L is still around?

[​IMG]

Thanks again for postin' all these cool pics Beppie!!!

24. Lee Martin

Lee Martin

25. M.Edell

M.Edell

I think I have that in my collection of Videos..

26. chrisbob12

chrisbob12

I raced motorcycles there in the early 60'S. I lived in Fremont for 36 years. I could hear the cars from 3 miles away. It was fun times. That was when there was a flagman and not the lights to start the race. I still have the trophies to show.
    Bob,

27. M.Edell

M.Edell

Post pics of your trophies!!

28. M.Edell

M.Edell

29. This "American NITRO" clip has quite a lot of footage from Fremont:

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb5fJ3vLbu0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Pb5fJ3vLbu0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

30. RatRoy

RatRoy

I raced at the "Last Race at Fremont", won a few rounds. I picked up this poster somewhere after the track closed. It has a piece of the track, a ticket, a short history and the track decal. Great place, air was always great.......

p.s. didn't have a picture of my race car at Fremont...:)

Attached Files: