Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Our Billetproof drags story...trust me its good.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Well it starts like this my clubmates(best friends)Gregg and Lenny and Lou(motor builder)
    finished up a car they and the occasional drop by of other clubmates helped in building this truck.It was built in less than a month.Its a chopped 38 GMC cab that we got about 6 years ago out of some dudes yard.
    So, Friday nite they go to test and tune nite at PBIR raceway and the car was on a full pass of the 1/4 when the drive shaft yoke let go, well the first pick shows the carnage...
    after an all day Saturday thrash starting when they got home Friday nite at 11.Got all the parts together and got a new drive shaft built that day...
    About 7pm Saturday we were finally on the road to BP Drags.Yes,they towed the drag car with the 56 Chevy with the 6 banger motor and trans.Got to the hotel after several beers they got some sleep.
    We wake up and the weather is perfect.Take the truck of the trailer to run and it ran in the 8`s shit..We tinkered and tinker til finally the high 7`s.WOW not to bad for a car that made a first run in the 8`s.Later on Sunday our really good friend Gary with the 40 Coupe Gasser lends us a pair of drag slicks well that was the ticket low to mid 7`s!
    I have to tell everyone for a bunch of Nogin heads out of Loxahatchee Florida that aint too bad!
    I would like to Thank everyone who helped them build and get this thing on the road.We are so proud of our efforts now we have a few clubmates that are building drag specific cars and I cant wait!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

it was great racing with you guys !!

3. 31modelo

31modelo

Saw that 40 run Sat and man is he fast. Nice car all the way around. Scared the shit out of my little one when he started it in the staging lane.

4. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

squigy, great story, and congrats to the Forida gang.

5. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

damn, looks like i missed a good time

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Ed, your Club of Guys are the Best brother..... I wish I had'nt been so busy all day long so I could have had more time to visit with you all.

7. FrankCowan

FrankCowan

thought it looked quicker. Didn't notice the slicks. But looked good all day.

8. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

I saw you run the 40 Ford, that truck moves out!!! Very Nice!!!

9. Choptop

Choptop

Nice work getting the truck ready to run. You got faster and faster all day long, that had to feel good after the work put in.

10. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

Damn you killed that 350.

11. The Shocker

The Shocker

Neat.Stories like this is why i love to drag race myself.Sounds like you guys had a great time ...

12. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Nice, clean pile of parts ya' got there...........

13. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Glad you guys were able to get all the repairs done and run so well at the drags. It was great to meet some of you. That '40 coupe was really suprising. It ran great and looked good doing it. :)

14. Thats what its all about my friend! Job well done and kudos to you and your buds for living the life!

15. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The truck is FAST, no doubt.
    I saw the aftermath of the carnage, it'll rub out.

Good job boys, mad respects.

16. No doubt you guys deserve a huge hard luck award. :cool:
    From some-one whom has worked on proffessional race teams, I can truly appreciate the whole "all night thrash" scenerio.
    Truck sounded killer. so glad you could make it. are you gonna bring it to the Groundhog show Feb 6th?
    Gotta get off this work computer before my boss comes back. :eek: Later!
    JT

17. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

We will be there...This year was bad for all of us its getting better...so yeah we should be there.Thank you for the invite.
    Nads the Capri is fuckin killer in person i love that car!

18. THEKID49

THEKID49

The boys did a great job considering they had about 22 minutes sleep all weekend. And the best tow truck there. That six cylinder really worked hard up and back.