Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Missouri!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Missouri Mule, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Missouri Mule

Missouri Mule

I'm 61 years old and grew up in the golden age of rods and customs. My heroes, then and now, are all the greats of customizing - Starbird, Hines, Winfield, Barris, Fahrner, etc. But... due to limited finances brought on by being a lifelong teacher I never have been able to actually own a custom car. But, I have always expressed my love of customs and rods through scale-model building.
    I am the club webmaster for the KC Slammers Model Car Club of greater Kansas City - http://www.kcslammers.com. I am also the club contact for the Kustom Kemps of America and run the KKOA's Leadsled Spectacular Elden Titus Annual Model Kemp Contest in Salina, Kansas with assistance from my fellow Slammers club members.

2. Welcome to the HAMB from Lawrence. What do you teach? I graduated from Washburn last fall with an elementary ed degree. Check out the "Sunday models" on the main board.

3. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Welcome, Lets see some of your models.

4. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Howdy and welcome from out in Manhattan.....Kansas!!!

5. buickbelle

buickbelle

Another hearty KANSAS welcome. Welcome to the HAMB world. We are in Wichita, have been all our lives, and very close in age (ok so we're old too).

We have probably seen you, Mike and I haven't missed the Spectacular since it moved to Salina in 05, perhaps you will recognize the cars. We only took one car this year (the Pontiac), but try to bring both when we can. Look forward to seeing you again in Salina.

Carrie