Register now to get rid of these ads!

White Devil 31 Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WhiteDevil, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Got to agree with 'six pack to go',the black walls really suit the car.Bad ass!

2. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Im probably going to go with some lake headers (baffled no undercar exhaust) with small cut turnouts like satanshoe or brewton

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

man - diggin it fer sure

4. Daaayum bro, that's looking killer, I never noticed the roof, looks good.
    I see you shaved the drip rails totally different look for sure.

Hey, I have a question for ya, what kinda clearance you got Radiator to fan and does you fan set low? like below center?

5. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Grits...my rad sits a little below center not much though. I have prob 1 3/4 to 2 inches maybe even a little more of clearance on the fan. My car wont keep shaved drip rails im going to be putting drip rails back on it for sure. I dont really like the shaved look that much.....thanks for the compliments!

6. Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
    from Northeast

Agree with you on the drip rails....car just needs something their!

I ended up taking some .375" solid round rod and welding that onto the body. A little bondo blending and now have an drip edge I wanted.

7. Whew, thought you were gonna leave them off, glad you're gonna put them back on, looks more better that way IMO, I'm concerned with the distance between your rad and fan, it is recommended not much more than about half an inch unless you're using a shroud and I don't think you want that ,,,right?

8. You can get a 1.5 spacer from Vatozone, they are universal, I had to change mine when I got rid of that POS fan I was using, had a 2 incher there and had to move back to 1.75 or 1 and 3/4 for you English speaking folks :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  9. colorado kid

colorado kid
    BANNED
    from Colorado

10. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Im not home and cant remember what the distance is...my pops thinks we put it right at an inch or so I think itll be fine....

11. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Just got home from the Social Distortion trip...what a good time and what a great show!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  12. barfers

barfers
    from Florida

great lookn coupe man!

13. Isaac, looks like you had a killer time man, glad to see you made it back now it's time to get back to the coupe buddy, I need an up date.

14. skunx1964

skunx1964

is that Terrence?

15. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Yeah it is Terence!!! How do you know him were great friends

16. skunx1964

skunx1964

damn, ive known him for years, havent seen him in quite a while tho. wheres he at nowadays?

17. Deu55

Deu55

Hey your coupe's coming along quickly,great work and great pics.Next to get that sbc running...Rod..

18. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Thanks guys for all the kind words....

Skunx...Were actually partners at the firestation! He still lives in jax...I called him tonight and he said oh yeah I know micah! Well all have to get together soon! You should have came up to social d with us we had a blast!

19. skunx1964

skunx1964

i was at the drags gettin a sunburn and wielding an expensive ass camera. got like 3.5 gb of pics, lol. tell him i said hey, and ya, we need to meet up soon

20. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Well nothing new AT ALL.....we bought a house and are in the process of packing etc. So its gonna be slow on the coupe this month

21. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

congratulations on the new house!!! is the garage any bigger?

22. Hey Isaac, that's great, Congrats on the new digs. send up some pic's of the place when you get a chance.

23. Sounds familiar...
    I just moved 6 weeks ago!
    But now time and motivation is back!!

Keep us posted!

24. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey DEVIL...believe me man, that coupe is traditonal as it GET'S. and let me say, you couldn't have picked a better coupe! i wouldn't worry about how much time it takes, as you know money dictates time. YES! i love the pic. of your son! he will make a fine driver. O YEA! it will happen. good luck my friend...call me POP...or the old FART.

25. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey DEVIL...believe me man, that coupe is traditonal as it GET'S. and let me say, you couldn't have picked a better coupe! i wouldn't worry about how much time it takes, as you know money dictates time. YES! i love the pic. of your son! he will make a fine driver. O YEA! it will happen. good luck my friend...call me POP...or the old FART.

26. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Thanks guys...the garage is a side entry 2 car which compared to my townhouse 1 car is HUUUUUGGGGEEE!!!!!! Im really excited about getting moved in next month. Like I said it will slow the work down on the car for a bit but overall it will be more than worth it. I dont want to rush my build either need to pay attention to the details....

27. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Heres the house grits.....

Attached Files:

28. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

House looks real nice,good luck in your new home!:)

29. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

Cool house WD! Of course the real fun will be setting the garage up the way you want it; have fun!!

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I went from living in an apartment or crashing at friends houses for a couple years to owning a 32 x 20 side entry garage. It fills fast man so keep the necessities. I now rent a shop with friends for what I can't store in the garage....and a 10 x 10 shed out back. It really is a sickness.

Beautiful house man!!!