Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Cincinnati Barn Find 1960 Studebaker Regal Lark! What would YOU do??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconwagon62, Oct 22, 2009.

1. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

yeah, take some time, find a wheel for it, clean it up and get it running, that should make the decision for you, a smile that comes from starting up a vehicle that has not run in a long time will take a while to get rid of !

I know I would jump at the chance to grab that up and drive the wheels off it if it was in my neck of the woods.....:D

they don't make them anymore................

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  2. mottsrods

mottsrods

That's got daily driver written all over it.....just put a sticker on the bumper saying "Take This Cash For Clunkers" and put the miles on it.

3. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

4. mx6262

mx6262

I would show more picks and tell the story how this great find came about!!!:p

I'm doing the BUZZARD CIRCLE on a truck now.......:cool:

Great Find, and great job getting it....

They are 2 diffrent things....;)

5. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I saw that ad on the 'list, you picked that thing up for a steal!

6. alsancle

alsancle

Wash it and drive it. Don't mess with it until you've had it a while.

7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

My friend Bill Carlson has a Pink Lark convertable. I don't like the color. He bought a Packardbaker with the supercharged 289 and auto and put it in the Lark. That thing is fast. Punch it at 60 and it is quicker than my 383 four speed Lark coup. Just a thought.

8. paperboy49

paperboy49
    from Ohio

Cool Stupidbaker !!!!! Just one of the many great finds by this guy !! Like a hound dog in heat when it comes to 'unique' pieces.

9. doctorZ

doctorZ

knock some of that front end weight off and gasser it.

10. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

FalconWagon, does that have 15" rims 5-bolt-on 4.5" pattern?

If you need a rim, I can spare a '55 DeSoto Firedome rim in good shape for FREE (the "Pay It Forward" thing, ya know? I had a '62 Hawk, and the DeS rims worked great on that (VERY common size/pattern).

11. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

12. c57heaven

c57heaven

Jungle Jim ran a 61 with a Pontiac motor.

13. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Thanks for the heads up!! Being the Falcon nut I am, I had 4 dodge 15 x 7's, but they use that 9" cap! But with the 1956 Ford Courier (sedan delivery) I just bought, he gave me 4 15 x 6 steelies, with Tiger Paw's...PROBLEM sloved!!! will have off the trailer later today!!!

John 513-312-8799

14. rgaller

rgaller

I wouldn't spend a lot of time/money on it if you intend to sell it, they just don't bring a lot of resale value. Plus, I think you answered your own question, you would rather have a '55 chevy. Not sure if you can make much money on the $750 you have into the Studebaker, but why not wait and save up for a '55 (which is what you want)?

15. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

I'll find a 55, I haven't really looked, there a few out there...as for the 750...I didn't pay that for it....:)...The chase is the fun part for me...saved another one...

16. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

You asked, here it is, as stated in the first post is the story, I came back home and got my SuperCrew and my 18' dovetail and headed back with my Honey in tow...she loves finding old cars!!! I love that Gal....Vicki Nova

We got there and it took 10 minutes just to drive up the driveway, Hyde Park is one of the Upward Huppie, DINK (daul income no kids) area's in Cincinnati, cars were parked on either sides of the narrow street, I had to pull in the driveway across the street, then back the rig in, Tom, my step son had to move a big rock out of the way, and drive in an SUPER NICE old guys yard to make the turn, started to back up the driveway and BAM...a broken peice of the driveway caught up the trailer and stopped my truck dead...took 2 trys scrapping in the high spot all 3 time, driveway over grown on both side and trailer barley fit, got it loaded, and the exit ways as fun as getting in...A guy in a KIA, pulled right up to my truck as I was pulling out, it took me 3 times backing up to get clearance so I didn't hit a Pontiac Matrix while making the turn out of the driveway, and he was hot, I was blocking his way, keep in mind I am trying not to hit anything he refused to pull to one side so I could get by, he wanted me to back all the way up the driveway:p:p Sure, so I shut the truck off, and got out of the truck, and started looking at the Lark.... Vicki Nova saw I was getting a little vocal, and came over and talked the KIA dude into moving over so I could get by, My idea was to drive overtop, or push it with my non-bail out Ford...she didn't agree...so we made it home, I've cleaned it up and I will have it running, if it will, over the weekend....:rolleyes:

What I saw when I went the 1st time....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. when i get my trailer back on the road, i keep it unlicenced so i stop dragging shit home and that nobody can borrow it it will have a new winch on the front. not the $40 one i've been abusing forever but a real one with power in & out 8,000# capacity. i used to use come-alongs also SCREW THAT:eek: way to much work that kills the adventure. cool lark though.:cool:

18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Clean it up and drive it. It is something you dont see .

19. SHANTZ

SHANTZ
    from Surrey

Nice find! - The true "barn" find is becoming scarce

20. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Yea, I am not 20 any more...I have a new Dayton winch, just haven't mounted it yet...see the young gun Tommy Boy...he did the "heavy" work...I am tring to convert him to a Ol Skool guy, he has an 11 second tuner, but, he bought a 73 Challenger...getting closer!!!

I love it when my buddies want to use my stuff, Share the fruits of my labor, plus I get to see some kool stuff, and they feed me to boot!

21. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

Drive that ol gal!. I had a 60 lark in high school. Then a 59 in college (Buick powered).

That was back in the sixties. I now have a hardtop almont identical to yours. 289 2-bbl auto. A 59 2-dr 289 stick. My latest is a 60 2-dr that I am going Gasser with. Bought an old Dodge van straight axle. Ford 9" rear. Pulling the body to do the frame clean up, wheel tubs, with full length ladder bars and I have a 505 Big block Chevy with Speedway fenderwell headers to go in it. Only thing not nostalgia is the later model Weiand/Holley 250 blower.

Iwas always impressed with the "Flintstone flyer" drag car that ran in SE Michigan back in the day.

Have fun with your unusual car. I'd rather have a Lark. I remember the original "Mister ED" the horse shows were sponsored by Studebaker. And I used to follow the Studie Salt flats record attempts.

22. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

what he said

23. Swifster

Swifster

That is not a '62. It's either a '59 or '60. Check the serial number on the left hinge pillar. it should start 59V or 60V.

24. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Yes, she had it listed as a 1962, it is a 1960 per the tag and the title...got it off the trailer to night and fiddled with it for an hour...All the lights work..dome and all, the heater works, the AM radio works, and after putting a file to the points this.....

[​IMG]

Too KOOOOOL....yes the tranny pulls forwards and backwards...no brakes yet! I'll be driving it I hope by tomorrow night!!!

25. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

The gasser at the pumkin run was cool. was it the same year?

26. Damn nice find! I recently sold a 1962 Lark Daytona with a factory t-10 in back of a 4 barrel 259 motor, with a 3:73 twin track n back. Even had factory Stewart-Warner gauges and a Hurst shifter. Great car, daily driver, got around 18 mpg all around and was even nice on the road, went to SEMA in Las Vegas twice. They do not weigh much and if you put a 200r in it, (will fit without too much banging and cutting) you should get over 20 mpg. I wouldn't have sold it, but had 8 other cars and wife said one had to go.

Attached Files:

27. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

How do I tell if this is a 259...I assumed that's what it was??

28. retromotors

retromotors

LOL ... "Buzzard Circle" ..... I LIKE that!:D:D:D

29. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Didn't see it, was in the Falcon area all week end, being in the club, and having to work the show, I never see much!:mad:

30. rogg49

rogg49
    from michigan