Register now to get rid of these ads!

**EXOTA's** New Look - 1955 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrs chaotic, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnycola

jonnycola

That painted trim is the shit!

2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

The Original looks nice,,when did the interior go south ??

and i don't get "updated it to newer styles" :confused:

if you have something original,,is'nt the idea to try and keep it that way ?

3. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

yea it does look like that color LOL

but that car has so much going on with body mods that i think the different colors just dont add anything to it. even the marshmellow peanut look is better than different colors that dont match running down the sides

4. It WAS a very cool looking custom, it looks terrible now IMO. It looks like your shop does quality work, but honestly that car and the purple Merc do not belong here in their present forms.

5. No kidding! How could the same guy who visioned the purple version get SOOOOO lost? Can't believe he would "TRY" to improve on the purple version. So many Customs are being found and put back to their original splendor,Roth cars come to mind,today. I just don't understand it. The same thing happened to many famous show cars in the 80's and 90's,going to Billet,tweed,"Easter Egg" colors,etc. That's just sad to me...

6. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Why didn't you get real buick side trim?

7. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Holly crap are they trying to mess up the car!:eek: I agree with southpark looks like the 80's.

8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that car is supposed to have 58 ford trim...it needs to be restored to original. modern customs HAVE NO BUSINESS BEING HERE. this is a traditional site!!!!!

9. chaotic

chaotic

The car is totally smooth with no seams or lines. To bolt on chrome that won't fit the curvature and lay of the car would have looked just as out of place.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You don't honest believe that do you??
    I'm beinging to think that you yourself really don't understand the HAMB.....seriously.

11. Try to imagine if the owner would have just repainted it purple and put the WWW's and caps back on. He would have gotten lots of praise for bringing back an old style Custom...
    I think getting rid of all that pink/peach shit on everything would have been costly though. Peach carbs!......give me a break!

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Nice quality work for sure BUT it was ugly when Starbird built it and it's ugly now, you can't shine shit. And no I can't do that kind of work but I do know "ugly"..... JMO

13. While I'm on the negatve kick I want to point out the shot of the rear with the brake hoses under tension. The full weight of the rear axle half shafts, hub, rotor,.etc is on those hoses when the suspension is topped out or the wheels are off like in the photo. Scary. Almost as bad is the billet oil drain plug.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

when the idea to paint it pink top side and bottom came up they should have just parked it in a field somewhere and let it rot.

15. Myself would rather look at a primer job gasser 55 any day. Looks like crap.:eek: OldWolf

16. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

yea deffently tradiational. ya know whats funny , i could of just read the orignal post without pictures and i knew it would be ugly.

17. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

You have a great car, but it could have been so much more.Not trying to be mean, but redo it again.

18. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Definately not traditional.
    Looks like it hit a Baskin and Robbins truck
    You would think by now you would realise you don,t belong here!

19. chevyshack

chevyshack

And your car is traditional because??? Because you left chrome reverse wheels on it and you say its traditional. To many people here trying to be a judge of whats traditional and whats not. I agree the pink sucks. But besides the color scheme the cars kinda cool.

20. i'm usually bitchin about t-buckets, because a lot of folks make them look like cartoon cars. sorry, but this car qualifies as cartoon with those colors.

21. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Poor car, that's PEPTO PINK and I'm going to get some right now!!!

22. mrs chaotic

mrs chaotic
    from ----

wahahahaha!!!!

23. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

wow, more money then taste.

24. belair

belair

25. wvenfield

wvenfield

I sort of dislike the word "traditional". I prefer "period correct".

The car doesn't fit any period. It's a mishmash of 1960, 1975, 1982, 1992 and now. It would be pretty expensive to properly place the car into any one period. Except for maybe the 1980's. All you need is a set of saw cut wheels.

Just to be a dick, changes are "traditional". As noted, in the early years of this car it went through a few changes. So changes are "traditional". That's in part why I dislike that word.

The vast majority here aren't going to like what was done to cars in the 80's and 90's. i wouldn't mind the change to the Buick trim if it had been actual trim.

26. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

THIS is a cool photo.

Obviously the current owner can do whatever he wants. Nothing wrong with that. It is his car and very cool that he has owned it for so long.

That being said, personally I would love to find a car like this and be in a position to return it to it's historical rendition, duplicating this photo with the original side trim and chrome bumpers, or the other photo floating around this post showing the updated front splash pans, but still sporting the cool stainless side trim and single color.

Obviously most others are going to feel the same and have some pretty strong opinions regarding the history of this car.

Either way, good luck with your project.

27. John Denich

John Denich

Guys this car was changed over the years to compete on the ISCA Circuit, you get points for everything, and they added or smoothed out shit to stay competitive! I dont think its right but this car is an indoor show car whore! They dont look at the overall car as a whole they score it on a sheet so many points for every modification, not the overall look of the car....remember the shit storm from the AMBR from 2008....and that gold roadster!!!!

28. HAMB should have a point system! I'll give it a 2,LMAO!!!!
    (10 being best)

29. wvenfield

wvenfield

Sad fate for a car. They shoot horses when they can no longer run.

30. Or put them out in a feild! HAHAHAHA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.