Register now to get rid of these ads!

looking for new front suspension frod f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ford5t1, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

hey guys
    i want to get new ifs system for my 1965 ford f100 and like to get your opinion on wich one .
    so wich one is the best you guys think and is best value for money?
    al information is greatly apprecieated.

thanks

2. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Might look into a Ford Explorer frontend.
    They are plentyful and are torsion bar sprung.

3. I've done a few with C4 Corvette. Front ends in the junk yard are $500.00 tops, kit from Flat Out engineering is about $475.00. You get Huge brakes, Power Steering, Modern handling, better geometry than a Mustang II for less bucks! they work out really nice.

4. Ford5t1, get ahold of FOMOCOPOWER here on the HAMB, he put a Crown Vic front end under his 61 unibody and it looks like the perfect swap for under a ford truck. The damn thing is just about a bolt in and it looks factory. Best thing it keeps the truck all Ford. Good luk, Mike.

5. Also, the Crown Vics usually go real cheap at police or municipal auctions (or old taxis for that matter) so the price is way affordable!! Mike.

6. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Check out totalcostinvolved.com, they have bolt up kits for front and rear if I remember correctly

7. 2003 and newer Crown Vic. Near bolt-in. Somewhere on here are pics of a '61 uni like that. Find it and PM the guy.

8. ford5t1

ford5t1
    from usa

thank you guy's so far i will go in to it.

see ya

9. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

My friend used a 1979 Trans Am subframe under his '65 ford.It slipped into the stock frame rails of the truck.Very little work to make it fit.But he was installing a Chevy drivetrain also,which gave him p/s, disc brakes and headers he could buy that bolted right on...

Steve