Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help ID this frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flying tattooed monkeys, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Anyone want to make a guess as to manufacturer, year etc?

There's a heap of extra junk hanging off it, but ignore all that!:)

Thanks guys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I would say '42-8 Ford, severely hacked

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Front brakes look earlier...'35?

4. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That front axle is crazy...flipped upside down and flattened in the middle. I think it is closer to the 35-6, but with that much junk welded to it I can't tell either.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009

5. Carter

Carter

Is it just me or is the front axle, aside from being bent, upside down?
    BTW the front axle definitely appears to be 37 or later, not enough distance between the perch bolt and king pin to be 35/6.

EDIT: Corn Fed beat me to it on the bent and upside down axle part.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  6. I wondered if the axle had been flipped upside down. Are the steering arms normally above or below the axle on late 30's and 40's set-ups?
    This has been used on a farm, so i guess flipping it would give some extra ground clearance?
    Looking at the number of leaves on the front - i count 10 (i think!) - could it be a pick-up? Rear crossmember seems to high for space in a passenger vehicle...

As to the references to it being bent - it looks to be bent the same amount in the same place at both ends of the axle, which would negate the ground clearance gained. Also makes it seem intentional, rather than a result of damage ....:confused:

Thanks for your replies guys.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think they are pretty close on the year model and the axle is flipped upside down and hammered on a bit.

When you got done cutting off all the welded on scrap iron would there be enough chassis left to use?
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

8. That's what i'm wondering. It's for sale for about US$200.
    Not sure if it's worth it really