Register now to get rid of these ads!

OFFICIAL 2009 KKOA Denison TX Thread,

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pushrod_jimbo, Oct 22, 2009.

1. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

Thats right, I said official. Here are the details since the only thread about this years show was scrapes thread about the drags. Should be a good show. Details as follows, taken from the KKOA website.

KKOA WEBSITE https://bransonsecure.com/k/events.htm

SCRAPES THREAD http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409125&highlight=kkoa+denison

<TABLE id=table27 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Denison, Texas (just over the Okla., Tex. border)
    11th annual Kustom Kemps of America
    </TD></TR><TR><TD>[SIZE=+1]BLAST With The PAST, [/SIZE](w/a New LOOk!)</TD></TR><TR><TD>October 23-25, 2009 - Show site: Forest City Park (Show & Shine), PUSHROD PLAYING THE CARSHOW ON SATURDAY @ 12:00 (jimbo put that in there). Drags will be held at the Grayson County Airport (old Perrin Air Force Base)

There's lots of buzz about the 12th annual "Blast With The Past" show in Denison, Texas coming Oct. 23-25. The KKOA is giving the show a totally restyled, kustomized look, with lots of new stuff added!
    NEW LOCATION!!! We're not, I repeat, we're NOT moving out of Denison, instead we are moving INTO Denison! Downtown Denison' Forest City Park, to be exact.
    Great Park! It's two city blocks wide, covered with lots of grass & trees, and it's just two blocks off of downtown Main Street where seven antique & flea markets do business, along with art galleries, restaurant's, and Peggy Sue's Parlor, plus the nostalgic Rialto Theater.
    Speaking of the Rialto! Saturday evening, the KKOA has rented the time capsule of koolness (theater), to present a "Rock & Roll Jamboree" night to remember! Featuring, complete w/a band & back-up singer's, a young Memphis Elvis, a Vegas Elvis, and the "Big O" (Roy Orbison). Three different acts, three different impersonator's. Don't miss this fantastic show.
    If you dig 50's nostalgia Denison has it with the 1958 built Watson Burger Drive-Inn, still operating on Main St., and just two blocks from the show park. Plus, it's the starting place on Sat. night for the big "Cruisin' Main Street" bash. This time with major advertising to fill the sidewalks with cheering spectators. It'll be just like a scene from "American Graffiti."
    Naturally the always popular activities (Mercury Ring of Honor, Mini-Merc Hunt, coveted awards, etc.), will happen, along with some new one's you've asked for. The two most asked for being "The Rat Hole" (who dares to enter it), and the popular "Pin Striping Panel Jam & Auction." Remember! Stripers receive "free entry" if participating in the Jam & auction. Whatever their works of art sells for they receive half the auction price, the rest goes to MADD.
    Now! Here's the biggie!!! Starting at noon on Friday, and running till dusk, we're going to have 50's style "Run-What'ya-Brung-Drag-Races" at the old Perrin Air Force Base (now turned Grayson County Airport), located seven traffic free miles west of the Comfort Inn (headquarters motel).
    We'll be using 3,500 feet of the monster facility so we have plenty of shut-down area. Every entrant will be eligible to race, or just come and watch free. Plus, with this much room all professional nostalgia style drag racing machines is welcome to participate. How kool that'll be, watching hotrods, leadsleds, gasser's, funny cars, altered's, AA-F front-load slingshots, matching it off. And, just like the drags at Salina & Boonsboro, there's just one rule! Safety.
    There you go. A four-in-one event (Show & Shine, Drags, Cruisin' Main St., & a Rock & Roll Jambree), like none other that's sure to fill your tank with excitement. Talk about a blast w/the 50's past, this show will live it Oct. 23-25. Be Therrrrrre.There's lots of buzz about the 12th annual "Blast With The Past" show in Denison, Texas coming Oct. 23-25. The KKOA is giving the show a totally restyled, kustomized look, with lots of new stuff added!
    NEW LOCATION!!! We're not, I repeat, we're NOT moving out of Denison, instead we are moving INTO Denison! Downtown Denison' Forest City Park, to be exact.
    Great Park! It's two city blocks wide, covered with lots of grass & trees, and it's just two blocks off of downtown Main Street where seven antique & flea markets do business, along with art galleries, restaurant's, and Peggy Sue's Parlor, plus the nostalgic Rialto Theater.
    Speaking of the Rialto! Saturday evening, the KKOA has rented the time capsule of koolness (theater), to present a "Rock & Roll Jamboree" night to remember! Featuring, complete w/a band & back-up singer's, a young Memphis Elvis, a Vegas Elvis, and the "Big O" (Roy Orbison). Three different acts, three different impersonator's. Don't miss this fantastic show.
    If you dig 50's nostalgia Denison has it with the 1958 built Watson Burger Drive-Inn, still operating on Main St., and just two blocks from the show park. Plus, it's the starting place on Sat. night for the big "Cruisin' Main Street" bash. This time with major advertising to fill the sidewalks with cheering spectators. It'll be just like a scene from "American Graffiti."
    Naturally the always popular activities (Mercury Ring of Honor, Mini-Merc Hunt, coveted awards, etc.), will happen, along with some new one's you've asked for. The two most asked for being "The Rat Hole" (who dares to enter it), and the popular "Pin Striping Panel Jam & Auction." Remember! Stripers receive "free entry" if participating in the Jam & auction. Whatever their works of art sells for they receive half the auction price, the rest goes to MADD.
    Now! Here's the biggie!!! Starting at noon on Friday, and running till dusk, we're going to have 50's style "Run-What'ya-Brung-Drag-Races" at the old Perrin Air Force Base (now turned Grayson County Airport), located seven traffic free miles west of the Comfort Inn (headquarters motel).
    We'll be using 3,500 feet of the monster facility so we have plenty of shut-down area. Every entrant will be eligible to race, or just come and watch free. Plus, with this much room all professional nostalgia style drag racing machines is welcome to participate. How kool that'll be, watching hotrods, leadsleds, gasser's, funny cars, altered's, AA-F front-load slingshots, matching it off. And, just like the drags at Salina & Boonsboro, there's just one rule! Safety.
    There you go. A four-in-one event (Show & Shine, Drags, Cruisin' Main St., & a Rock & Roll Jambree), like none other that's sure to fill your tank with excitement. Talk about a blast w/the 50's past, this show will live it Oct. 23-25. Be Therrrrrre.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Anderson

Anderson

3. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

that first link was for last years show. i didnt see the second one. regardless this one is the OFFICAL (notice the caps there) 2009 KKOA thread. you coming out fidgiter with your camera? i hope they have famous hotrod builder cutouts so I can get you to take my picture with them. haha

4. Anderson

Anderson

I didnt' even notice that being last years.....whoopsie!

Official is a man made term! EFF THE MAN!

I plan on being there. You should bring a life-sized cardboard cut out of the world famous Jimbo so people can get their pictures taken with you...

5. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Myers and I will be heading south sometime tomorrow.......Luking forward to it Jimbo.

Happy Trails,

Mick

6. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

oh hell yeah. this is gonna be awesome. is ron bringing is car? that thing is amazing. yours is too micky, i just wish you wouldve kept those wheels that were originally on it. haha

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  7. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

there is not a soul on earth that wants to have a picture taken with or of me. the only way i can take picture with other "people" is if they are infact, in cardboard cutout form. gene....gene...

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He is not fur sure if he is driving the '39 down or packing the wagon and plan on throwing
    some paint on some cars. The wheels that used to be on my Merc, I'm sad to say when
    I was robbed a few years ago, they were stolen out of my garage.... The bad thing you
    kan't even find those things on Ebay. Ha, ha, ha,....

See ya this weekend.

Happy Trails,

Mick

9. 454navyss

454navyss

im going to try to come out there, probably saturday but i wont be in my car.

10. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

haha yeah i remember a post you put on here awhile back, where you were talking about those wheels, then you called the wheel thieves "poor bastards" hahahaaaa

11. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

I might be there!

12. Anderson

Anderson

I'm not going now.

13. Yep, one in every crowd.

14. I thought the cruise was FRIDAY night ?

Since this is the "official" thread, I guess it`s on SATURDAY night . . . :confused:

15. Big Tony

Big Tony

23 post and he is still here.... Jimbo Rules :~))

16. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

WOW I see how it is! HAHA

17. Anderson

Anderson

Hahaha...i'm just joshin, you're the awesomest.

18. buickbelle

buickbelle

I remember the downtown area of Dennison, we were there the first year Mike and I went to this show (2003). If the park is the one I am thinking of, it is a beautiful place to be. Wish we could be there. With the health problems I am having that isn't going to be possible!!!! RATS!!!!

We talked to Bill Moore on Monday, told us he was headed there on Tuesday to help get everything ready. I expect pictures guys!!! Lots and lots of pictures!!! You know I'd be taking them if I could be there.

Carrie

19. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

I'll be there even though DaddyO will be there.......but if the Torques are coming I'm out.........Saturday night Al Nelson........Als the man........

20. buickbelle

buickbelle

What self respecting KKOAer would give up a Saturday night cruise? With Bill in charge of the races (I hope I am right on this) the Friday race is kind of a KKOA tradition now.

You sound disappointed? LOL You would rather cruise than race? NOW THERE IS A FIRST!!!!! (my kinda guy!!! snicker snicker). We just won't tell Mike!!!

Carrie

21. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

I hope bear is there. Remeber Bear? I also have a man crush on Al Nelson.

[​IMG]

Naked chick on trycicle sighting back left. holy.....thats awesome

22. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very kool turn out at the show. Lot of Kool stuff that I've not seen before. This
    was one of my favorite kustoms that I've not seen before. She has a lot of kool potential......

55 Ford front headlights, '58 Ford grill and I love the peak in the hood. Very kool!!

[​IMG]

I had to do a quicky photo shop last night.

[​IMG]

You rock Jimbo!

Happy Trails,

Mick

23. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I didn't know you did photo-shops Mick...but wow...what a great transformation...too many people get confused by 'era'...five spokes certainly do not belong on a car that has Lakes pipes, rolled pans and different headlights...so many body mods...the whitewalls and 'caps alone make this car a genuine "sled" and the lowering job cap it off...

I think before you build a car, you must take the "hot rod course"...that is, you must have months/years worth of vintage magazines and study each and every modification in those particular years...and never, never combine those mods in one car...

R-

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with ya Roger, Some guys need a little help. I heard al ot of people last
    weekend complain about how ugly it was. I thought that it had tons of potential.
    That front end idea I hadn't seene before and very kool idea. I wanted to talk
    to the guy but he never was arounfd his ride.

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

After studying the pic more...the grille surround actually looks like a Vega...so I'm assuming you're saying " '58 Ford grille" means the mesh behind it...???

On top of that, the bumper appears to be "Vega" sized...or early Camaro...

R-

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't use the "Vega" word, your busting my bubble.......Ha, ha, ha,

27. pushrod_jimbo

pushrod_jimbo

hey mick, i made an album in my little profile thing of my truck. go check it out man, i wasnt lying about the forest that grew up around it. pretty cool little time line deal. anyway good seeing you there man, glad you made it home safe. tell myers he is the offical back up drummer of pushrod now.