Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever have one of those days when....O/T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

Ever have one of those days when everything sucks ? Your job, marriage, everything ?????

This will most likely get deleted but I really need to vent before I have a f**king nervous breakdown.

2. 61TBird

61TBird

Go for a long drive in the wagon.....

3. Flatlander

Flatlander

I agree with 61TBird. Nothing cures a bad mood quicker than a good drive.

4. gasheat

gasheat
    from Dallas

A long one-way drive.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Take a few DEEP breaths and count the things that ARE going right. I've had a few days like your describing and looking back they weren't near as bad as I thought at the time.

Frank

6. At least once a week lately brother, I feel your pain. I try to remember this too shall pass, or maybe I'll pass and I won't worry about it anymore.

Try to help someone else with something, that usually changes things up and makes you think about gratitude.

7. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Just do a huge smokey burn out on yer way to your favorite wattering hole

8. Kerry67

Kerry67

Not a bad idea.....

9. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Seems like i've had one of those days for about the last 3 or 4 months.....

10. Kerry67

Kerry67

It just seems I can't win no matter how hard I try or what I do. That goes for pretty much every aspect in my life. Like I said, my job, with the wife, everything......

It is getting really old and I am almost at the snapping point I think.

11. Yes. There is an old saying to the effect of "If everyone in the world threw all their problems into the center of the room...you would look around, take a deep breath, and scramble to grab your own problems back rather than get stuck with someone else's life."

If that doesn't help much, then consider this: can you remember the problems you had ten years ago (that probably seemed horrible at the time)? One of the nice things about growing older is that you learn to put things in perspective....most of the shit bugging you right now will be gone and out of your life eventually.

Take care (and a deep breath) and consider taking a peaceful night out with the wife to talk. And listen. :)

12. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

Drive with the windows down and the volume up.

13. blame it on the blood sugar......I do ;)

14. skwurl

skwurl

I felt the same way lately with the exception of the marriage part. Yesterday morning I saw a lady slleeping in her car outside of the store I went into. The car was full of clothes and stuff. I assume she lived in her car. It made me realize i have it pretty good. Be thankful for what you have.

15. TRUCKENSTEIN

TRUCKENSTEIN

My life has been like that since June 16th, 2009. wife told me she just didn't want to be married anymore and I had till the end of June to get out, totally blindsided me, she took the house, the kids, all my stuff is still in the garage and I have a 1 bedroom apartment. it sucks but all you can do is keep on going day by day

16. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

the only good thing about having a shitty day is, things can't get no worse, only better! take a couple of deep breaths and regroup.

17. rusted_nut

rusted_nut
    from Arkansas

I'm not married, so I don't have to worry about it sucking, but otherwise I completely understand.

18. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

let the wife know how you feel. If she doesn't respond, tell her you've got some long overdue "me time" and tell her not to worry and you'll be back but then get in your car for a long drive and just go...

If she calls your cell on the way outta town you know she cares- take a mental health day at work...

19. DECKARD sr.

DECKARD sr.

thats life dude. everyone goes through it. go for a long drive hit a park, a river or somethin. just go be by yourself. sit in the grass, and feel the earth beneath you. turn off your cell phone, and fill your lungs with fresh air. scream at the top of your lungs. just get away from everything and everybody. you will realize that everything is not as bad as it seems. there is always tomorrow....

20. TRUCKENSTEIN

TRUCKENSTEIN

Oh and one other part I forgot to add, 2 weeks after I moved out she was dating one of our close friends,

21. Kerry67

Kerry67

I DID listen. That is the problem, I heard her loud and clear. It's a joke to her but it stabbed me pretty hard.

22. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I had a Murphy Day yesterday.... everything that could go wrong, did. Then again, I woke up this morning, so thats good enough for me.
    Today, I'll get past my shit and fix that damn Nissan when I get home.

Anytime you wake up fairly healthy, is a good day.

23. Scrumpy

Scrumpy
    from NH93 Exit1

Go find a HAMB buddy and then take a drive. Talk about cars. Scrump.

24. Kerry67

Kerry67

Jesus.

25. havi

havi

+1 Been a long year, for sure. For a lot of us.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  26. Kerry67

Kerry67

Thanks for the support. What I need is a shrink to go unload everything on to get it off my chest. I think the wife needs to come with and listen. Like I said, I got stabbed pretty hard by her and to her it is joke. To me it is not........I wish I could put the shoe on the other foot and show her. Of course, she probably would not give a f**k therefore making it a joke again.

27. Hinson

Hinson
    from Md

Kerry; I'll trade places with you. Three years ago I had a major heart attack and the docs gave me 4-5 years to live. The heart attack took away my ability to work and my wife had to go to work after 40 years of being a housewife. Other than that, my life is great. So in the swap, you get maybe two years of good life and live on SS while your wife has to work to try and keep the house afloat and then you die. Me, I get a future.

So, since I know you don't want to trade, why not sit down and truthly look at your life and see where you may be making bad choices and try to correct those problems.

And like others have mentioned, look at what you do have. A roof over your head, a job and a wife/family. And remember, a good relationship and true love is not in finding someone who can meet your needs but meeting the needs of someone you find.

just my .02 from an old (much wiser than I used to be) old man

28. her shoe probably wouldn't fit ya any way.

i kid but...

i'm dealing with the big D right now and i'm just figuring out other than our kids she just isn't worth it. being unemploied doesnt help either