Register now to get rid of these ads!

what is this truck cab?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ltex old iron, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

I'm not sure what year and make this cab is. A buddy traded me off some parts for it and I thought it looked pretty solid so what the hell. But niether of us know exactly what it is. My guess is maybe about a 36 dodge pickup?
    If anyone knows please give me some info
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. 59flatbedford

59flatbedford

looks like a great start for a sweet ride to me

3. madpole

madpole

36 dodge looks about right to me

4. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

about what i figured. thanks

5. I feel that you quessed correctly.

6. choptop37

choptop37

Its a 37 or so plymouth, i had one. Cant remember but ether 36 or 38 is the same cab. Dodge had suicide doors that year, i had one of them tooo= very simililar looking. Not the holy bible know it all, just going off what i had there should be about a 2" hole in the center of the dash rail with the plymouth "boat" {like chris columbus sailing to plymouth rock] if it hasent been robbed.its a very solid looking body, will make a cool rod. Oh yeah when you chop it and shave the drip rails, fill em with a strip of metal, like an idiot i glassed mine in, made a ton of body work night mares

7. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

'36 to '38 dodge pickup. Pretty much the same for those years, pretty hard to tell apart without the grills. It appears the body ID # is still on the cab, might help to narrow it down. It's not the same as the serial #, which would be the same as the number stamped on the frame (closest thing to a VIN), but it could still help narrow it down a little. Here's a pic of my '37's cab for reference...

[​IMG]

8. garyv

garyv

I thought 1934 was the last year Dodge pickups had suicide doors.

gary

9. choptop37

choptop37

There you go, ya learn somthin new every day. Looks identical to my plymouth. So what year is my dodge cab with suicide doors? Very close but the door fronts follow the angle of the cowl seal.firewall is a little shorter

10. Looks like a '37 Dodge Brothers to me. I think I still have a pair of front fenders for one in my dad's garage attic. Really cheap IF they are still there and IF you're interested.

11. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

thanks guys for the help. and Matt Franklin as for the fenders man I usually don't run them. also I think I may let this one go to a new owner. I have too much other stuff to finish as it is. I will pass on the info to the next owner though.

12. Old Gold

Old Gold

Dodge had suicide doors up to 35'. In 36' they went to conventional swing.

13. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

Close, but not exact. The '35s are referred to as first or second series. The first series still had the suicide doors, the second had the rear opening doors. The factory didn't wait until the end of the year to make the change over to rear opening doors. They didn't get the name "suicide" for nothing. While I don't imagine the manufacturers got sued the way they would today, I'll bet there are lots of long forgotten horror stories about foolish and stupid people and front opening doors.

14. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

15. Hey Guys I am working on a 38 fargo right now and it looks identical to your cab!

Thanks Grant www.schwartzwelding.com

16. Old Gold

Old Gold

Thanks for that bit of info! Very helpful