Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Whats it worth ~ 55 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chainshot, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

its worth selling to me ! Pm me for cash $ $ $ $

2. I would leave the body exactly the way it is and maybe lower an inch or so and tall as hell piecrust slicks on period rear wheels, fenderwell headers, lose the fuel cell for a modified sump under car factorish gas tank. I too, have a '55 2 door sedan and like most thought of the TLB car and while it is wonderfull and all ( I saw it in person a few months ago, great car!) the rich history I see on the screen is Original and I after careful thought am building a car that represents the various cars I was influenced by as teenager, my thoughts on the subject.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  3. thesupersized

thesupersized

that car is cooler than the two lane black top car...it has history, besides the point..."Two Lane Blacktop" is a horrible movie!!!

that car should be restored to it's former glory...

4. i'd leave it alone and just do whatever some things it needs. you don't see them like that anymore. 5-8k

5. Slow55

Slow55

Leave it like it is. Will the REAL Two Lane Black-top please stand up......

6. It is worth what YOU are willing to pay, and that amount matches the amount the SELLER is willing to accept.

7. aceuh

aceuh

So...What's the deal? Has the seller given you a price yet? Don't leave us hanging!

Is there a rear decklid for it?

Do you need me to come get it? I'm just up the road a piece from you.:D

8. If you haven't heard don't paint that car and buy it buy it buy it

9. Put bigger tires!!! You'll be liable for an asswhipping if you touch that paint!!!!!!

10. haha.yeah.lol

11. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

I don't know so much on the butchered wheel wells..looks like an old Drag car,,that got retired and someone redid,,all the wheels are to small the new motor and cell,,I'm sure at some point ( when first built ) it looked different

12. squirrel

squirrel

The car still has it's clutch pedal, so it CAN be saved

13. falfas55

falfas55

Try not to change too much.That car reeks of cool.Just put some tall rear tires and fill the wells like that.Please get that fuel filter out of the inside,if that's what it is.Wash the dust off,check brakes and all the rubber parts.If you can by that car for between 3-5 k grab it.Good Luck and have fun with it if get it.FALFA

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

:D:D:D:cool: That old 55 was someones pride and joy. Clean her up, put some tall cheaters on the back, go with a stick and take all the new stuff off, fuel cell ect... and grin cause brother that's the way they were. Lippy

15. Mac_55

Mac_55

yeah , if that guy prices that car under 7k , grab it and RUNNNNN. cause you stole it.

16. GTXROD

GTXROD

it is a cool car just the way it is. i own the blue 55 called the undertaker that was at the pileup and i tell you, i cant believe the response i have gotten with my car. there is no way i would change anything with that body, find yourself some great big back tires to fill it up and run it. definitely a cool looking car.

17. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

HAHAHA. my thoughts EXACTLY!!:D

18. Chainshot

Chainshot

I waited too long and he sold it to someone else. It will be one of those I always regret not buying. I hope the new owner preserves it. As mentioned by other members, put vintage stuff back in it and throw the Summit catalog out the door. I don't have a job right now. That is the reason, I didn't jump on it from day one. I was thinking it over and bam it was gone.

19. aceuh

aceuh

Sorry you missed it....Now tell us what the selling price was so we can all feel bad with you.:D

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Well sense you didnt get it anyway,what was he askin for it?

21. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

i would drive the wheels off this thing the way it sits. awesome car with a ton of charector.

22. Butch M

Butch M

man that thing is cool.put some big tires on it and have some fun ..........

23. It went on ebay for $7600 guys

-Dean

24. damn !!!!

25. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

You missed out on one there and the price was good.

jp

26. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

27. Chainshot

Chainshot

Don't flog me ! But he was only asking 5k !!! He bought it from a friend that needed money. It wasn't his type of car, so he wanted to get rid of it. Yea, I'll be kicking myself for a long time about this one. I had the phone up twice to call him and tell him I would take it. I had NO IDEA he would put it up on ebay. I had mentioned to him when looking at the car that I had sold some things on ebay. I probably gave him the freakin' idea to boot !

28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Chain, thats ok, shit just happens. I'm too tired to flog you right at the moment anyway. :p:D I've screwed up plenty of deals in my lifetime. No job, no money, too late, too early, you name it. You'll find one. :cool:

29. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

You might need to have a knot slapped on your head, you talk about passing on some from the TLB site that you should have bought and then you find this one in your home state and you pass on it.

Being unemployed does suck and maybe its best that you past.

jp

30. Chainshot

Chainshot

JP - I can't explain it. Its a damn mood thing with me.

Bending over for my ass kicking.