Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy Here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JonP, Nov 1, 2004.

1. JonP

JonP
    from Oxford CT

Hi all, new poster here. been lurking for a while and followed some of your members here from other groups sites. From what i've read, your my kinda folks ie scrounge and build.

Jon

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome, tell us more about your truck. I grew up in Hartford/W.Hartford.

3. k9racer

k9racer

now I know you can tell us a little more.A nice bunch of folks here but they can be a little ruff.So come on dont be bashful..

4. DrJ

DrJ

Hi new guy.
    GM hotrods?
    I have a souped-up '40 GMC.
    Welcome to the HAMB

5. Rusty

Rusty

Welcome aboard.

6. Dirty2

Dirty2

Welcome!! Picts!!!????

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hi Jon,Welcome to the HAMB! Exit 16 off I84 you may be the closest HAMB member to me. Oxford has a lot of custom/race car shops, PLUS a Trucking Museum.

8. Barrows

Barrows
    from Union ME

Dude I want to see pic's PLEASE ! That truck sounds cool!

9. bedllm

bedllm

Welcome!

Dave

10. palepainter

palepainter

11. JonP

JonP
    from Oxford CT

pic's are comming, i'ts in pieces all over the shop and some out in the back yard. I have been gathering parts for quite a while. Plan is a chopped sectioned quad cab (yes with the corner windows) but I have'nt decided on the bed, first choice would be to use suburban quarters and splice them into the body, but I cant find sutibly cheap stuff; the truck is named "under 200" because thats the dollar amount i wont exceed for each part. I set out 3 years ago to figure out how to mount up XJ6 suspensions (both front and rear) to the truck frame, with that done I created a kit so i could do it again on some other ride later. Now that the cab is to be streached the stock frame wont do too much flexing, so I'm making my own design 2x4 tube frame with the Jag stuff. Oh yeah its getting a 59 Impala dash, narrowed in the middle with an integral center console up to the back of the cab (ie 59 vette like) seats are (for now) 63 T-bird.... I cant decide on the windshield area though... the 53 and earlier split flat glass or the 54/55 one piece deal What do you guys think?

Jon

12. JonP

JonP
    from Oxford CT

When I was in high school I delivered air freight up in the Ridgefield area alot, real close, cool.

Jon