Register now to get rid of these ads!

EAGLE FIELD Drag Race & Car Show Dos Palos CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. i think butch did a mother's day race a few years ago. ask him for feedback on that deal....

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  2. Strip T's

Strip T's

Armed Forces Day is the 3rd sat. in May...I believe that falls on the 15th next year...so I'll be good to go......

3. Saubo Nasty

Saubo Nasty

I like the 8th, because its before the 22nd. And I can't wait for it to happen again!

4. Lancer

Lancer

At least your honest haha. It was a cool deal, cant wait myself, especially since its now open to more cars. Next time I will be behind the wheel as well as behind the lens :)

5. I got my trophy today! It's awesome Rocky!

Sam

6. p.s. Mother's day weekend would go over like a turn in a punch bowl for most of who have mothers and/or made a woman a mother. :D

Sam

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Sam are you going to CHRR

8. Dr. Dave

Dr. Dave
    Member Emeritus

I would only request that it be held once again on a Saturday.
    Dr. Dave

9. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

I would opt for the 22nd. Wives usually seem to get put out if you take away their day. This does not apply to me as I will be there whatever day it is.

10. spook498

spook498

Ain't that the truth! I took my wife (then GF) to Las Vegas for her birthday, which was on a weekend. The same weekend that was the truck show. The same day even. She never mentions the nice dinner or the sightseeing we did, no. She reminds me, 8 years later, how I drug her to a stupid truck show, on her birthday....

So yes, any other day than mothers day, please! (even if she did like the drags and wants to go back)

11. bascuem

bascuem

Rocky. One thing to think about is here in Los Banos, only a hop and a skip from Eagle Field, we have our May Day Spring Fair usually the first week of May and it usually gets messed up due to the one thing that will kill a car show and a drag race. RAIN. So maybe a little later would be better. I"d say about 80% of the time we get rain during that week.:eek:

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Unless something big is happening or someone recommends against it I'm thinking May 22.

13. Strip T's

Strip T's

Sounds good.....BOOK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!.....since it's the week after our huge BBQ....Rocky I'll donate 200lbs of beans....just gotta come get them on the 15th....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

14. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Sounds awesome, I can't wait!!! :D

15. 61TBird

61TBird

Make it May 22nd and I can make that one!!

16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

I can handle the beans, and I'll donate methane. :D

5/22 sounds good to me.

17. stormy byrd

stormy byrd

Rocky , were there!

Call Randy Winkle & make sure that you & Randy's Dragfest dates are on separate weekends.
    These are the 2 independent races I have to be at, besides Butch's ANRA series.
    Next year I'll try and lay down a "Real Smoker" those were just test runs!

Sam I Yam , Your 55 kicks ass ! . How bout next year we pair up , you get the jump & I try and catch you smoking the tires old school.

Rocky , Thanks again & thanks to all that signed the Checkerd flag you gave me on the starting line.

StOrMy

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

A quick note.........We have the OK to hold 2 events next year! The Spring event will be the Eagle Field Fresno Dragway Reunion ('73 & earlier) and the Fall event will be the ('65 and earlier) 2nd Annual Eagle Field Hot Rod Gathering! Both events will include HAMB Dragsters. I'm currently working on purchasing barriers and another Fundraiser (raffle) is in the works, we were VERY FORTUNATE to have Tiechert Construction barriers on loan, Cerutti and Son's & Bridgewater Equipment Trucks available to haul them and 6 drivers (all good friends of mine) who volunteered 30 hours each to drive them. I still have the friends:D but it would be nice to have the barriers on site, not scrambling to find them. I am currently getting quotes and it looks like we can get 1200' of 30"x30"x60" concrete blocks for under $7000. I also appreciate the input on the dates, keep them coming! Rocky

19. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

We'll see you this weekend Stormy! Rocky

20. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I second that! That's the first thing Ithought when I saw that pic.

21. 61TBird

61TBird

Let me know if you need an "extra" Driver.
    I have a Class A CDL.

22. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

That is BITCHIN"!!! You're gonna spoil us.

I like May 22nd. Crap shoot if it will be nice or sweltering but at least it shouldn't rain. Good Lord willing maybe we can debut the HAMBster.

23. spook498

spook498

I have one as well, with flatbed experience. Just hit me up!

24. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

I was messing around with photoshop today

[​IMG]

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

That's cool Kleet!

26. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Hey Rocky, ley us know what we can do to help. We're kinda dumb and we're all broke but we can lift heavy stuff! What kind of fundraisers do you have in the works, we had a blast and can't thank all the people that made the first one happen enough. Later, Roger

27. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

Great speaking with you earlier Rocky! regarding the concrete barriers, how about selling the barriers as sponsorships. basically the barriers will cost a certain amount each, so for that amount a company or private party or car club can sponsor a barrier and maybe you can have a small plaque mounted on each barrier. ( I thought of having a large logo put on each one, but that will conflict with the old-timey look you got going on there, I know concrete barriers aren't old-time but you know what I mean) Just a thought.

28. You're on Stormy!

Or I can bring our other car out... (You'll still smoke us!)

Sam

[​IMG]

29. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Is it May yet? Oh wait I guess I better get the car (whatever it ends up being) done first huh? So Rocky are you already up to your neck in planing the next one yet?

30. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Yep, and I'm lovin' it!:D