Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Gdog3225

Gdog3225
    from Tennessee

my soon to be loves riding around in my truck but gets tired of shows very quickly. she still knows that i love walking around and looking at the cars and talking to people so she usually stays in the tent and reads a book or something.

tattedfordguy<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4224791", true); </SCRIPT> that sux you sold your f100 what was it??

2. Nope not really. i'll miss her not. lol

3. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

BOY did i mess up big!!!!!! My gf was not into the whole car this as i was building it, so she sent me on my way to shows. But when she found this pic it all change!!!!! She demands that she go now. I guess women just dont like other women next to there mans car!!!!

Attached Files:

4. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

my wife of 13 years drives a 50 mercury as her daily driver, it's been on the road for 10 years now

5. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

My girlfriend (future wife) is thrilled that I spend time in the shop, (so she knows where I am) spend money on cars, (instead of hookers or something I guess...) and she knows that I love what I do. She's glad that I'm doing something productive too. She likes to keep me happy, and the happier I am, the happier she is! She also likes the social aspect. I took her to her first car show this summer and she couldn't believe how kind everyone was.

6. rallisracing

rallisracing

Nope, my ex didn't like the car scene,the travel, the heat, the racing(aa/fa crew), the smell, the noise, or the people. But she said she liked it all when we were dating...strange how things change.

7. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

My wife is a real trooper. She will go along with anything I do. 5ooo miles on my bike and camping? She hasn't been in the '36 yet but that's my fault. I want it to be perfect before she goes. My last rod had heat/air, power everything, stereo, and leather. This one has none of that.

8. FiddyEffie

FiddyEffie

i think my chic will start digging it once the truck is finished and we're hitting shows in it together, instead of just me in the garage working on it

9. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

my girlfriends into it. Her biggest complaint is the "car show sluts" which some times there are and other times there arent. But she gives me shit if theres sluts anywhere car show or not.

but besides that shes into it. today she was out in the front yard cutting up an old truck frame with a sawzall so i could haul it to the scrapper. few weeks ago she was cutting a motorcycle fender with 2000 for me so i could buff it and deliver on time. Shes a good woman.

10. I'm 22, and it's pretty tough to find a nice girl who digs this whole scene in Connecticut. My ex girlfriend loved it but didn't like cars that much......so if any of you Hamb'ers have a daughter who thinks open headers, nitro fumes and cheater slicks are cool, certainly let me know :D
    -Dean

11. zombiesarebad

zombiesarebad
    from Maine

my wife likes the shows and the driving part, but she seems to think that they'll build themselves. She wants to get a Stude truck... when that happens i might be allowed more garage time.

12. Marcia

Marcia

My husband usually stays home when I go racing. He doesn't like the heat and the waiting around. He know his place is in the garage.:rolleyes:

13. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

When it was like the first picture, she hated it. When it looked like the second picture, she loved it.

It's all about the vision.

Brian

Attached Files:

14. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I lost my wife twelve years ago....... We were at the mall, she said she'd be back in half an hour. I waited forty-five minutes then went to Sears.

15. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

My girl friend likes them, but my wife not so much :)

16. My wife likes the social aspect of the smaller local stuff, the big stuff she's happy to wander round once & relax.

17. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

My wife is cool with it because she got a TUMMY TUCk after selling my 27 roadster. Doesn't go to events but understands my addiction.

18. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Yeah, I guess she's into it. She's not rockabilly or anything like that, though. She thinks cars are cool and she's cool with going to shows. That's good enough for me.

19. My wife loves it. Shit shes worst than i am about cars. At first she loved cruizen with me but after awhile she had to have her own car so i picked up a little 2-door 50 shoebox for her. Then she went out and bought a 1960 Buick Invicta Custom. I mean damn her addictions worst than mine. I guess that's a good thing. It makes us both happy.

20. "BAD NEWS"

"BAD NEWS"
    from dallas tx

my wife is the best, she helped me mock up the motor in my old 28 sedan. she supports me in everything that i do. but i also do the same.

21. Chuck R

Chuck R

Marsha loves to head out in the roadster. Whether its a trip to Bonneville or a reliability run she is always ready to go. She's a good wife, I am one lucky dude.

chuck.

22. I Drag

I Drag

My wife will only go to the drags with me if none of my other friends can go. I think she goes so I won't die alone if I get into a big crash.

Which is nice, I guess.

23. FuelFC

FuelFC

Wife? Never again? Ex-wife, see previous. Could have built Kollofski's new car for the divorce costs, but worth every damn penny of it.

I'll take my 1 1/2 Harleys and 3 1/2 unfinished cars anyday.

New womens? If they do they might be invited back. If they don't the hell with em I'll go for that naked ride in Denise's car with the top down.

24. ...........not so much, but she excels in every other area, so I let it slide.;)

25. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

my wife likes to get into the mix of things,she always has a blast @ carshows or in the garage

26. That's priceless!!:D

27. 55chevy

55chevy

Yup, wife likes shows, she really enjoyed Cruisin the Coast, sitting and watching the cars go by us.

Attached Files:

28. MarkzRodz

MarkzRodz
    BANNED

No,,,could care less and doesn't understand it.

29. heavy

heavy

Heck yea she is. She drives a '61 tbird and she's on the h.a.m.b. As much as I am!

30. mr5by5

mr5by5

I have been married almost 35 years to a woman that hates old cars, it is a drag!

I kinda think it is because I had my '55 Chevy before I had her and she is jealous, ha! ha!

Honestly, I know I have frequently abused the time she was willing to give me to work on my old cars but I know lots of other guys that spend more time playing golf and watching sports on TV... Since she hasn't torched the original '55 or any of the other projects I have and have owned over the years maybe she really is not so opposed to them after all?

Oh, yeah - there was a problem with the car shows! It was the "tattooed women" hanging around the hot bikes and 4-by-4's! I just stopped goin' - don't have to clean my car any more unless I feel like it