Register now to get rid of these ads!

Magics MetalFlake Drive Inn pics what a great day to stand outside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotStockPhoto, Oct 19, 2009.

1. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

So Magic had his first show, and caught alot of flack for it being on the same day as the day of the drags. He held the show in conjunction with the space city cruisers 18th annual show so he didnt really have a choice for moving the date. Even with alot of the locals heading up to Temple it was still a great turnout, and a great time hanging out with alot of friends. Magic you should be proud of a great first annual show look forward to next year.

We would like to thank everyone who came by,bought prints,and had all the kind words about our work. If it wasnt for all you great people making the Texas, and HotRod Scene what it is today we would be stuck shooting happy little trees, and chairs. Enough of the babbling lets post some pics............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

3. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for posting the pics John. Good seeing everyone and a beautiful day for a car show. Thanks Magic for working so hard and being such a great host!

4. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My vote for best unfinished lol
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was great to see John and some of the guys fro Austin Speed Shop again they are on the road even more than I am.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Magic jr better be careful there was a cougar on the prowl

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

6. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Then some Rockstar guy showed up in this Mercury truck, and took a bunch of trophies and all the raffle prizes. I want to go to Vegas with Greg(RoughStock)

[​IMG]

I asked him why his lens was bigger than mine he said it was Genetics

[​IMG]

Seriously though Greg won this Awesome Magic striped toolbox in the raffle, and promptly gave it to Magic jr from A.S.S.
    It was one of the coolest and nicest things I have seen in awhile, and that kid is going to do great things one day so it was great for Greg to help him on his way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. BBobb

BBobb

Has always,great shots again my friend.Had a great time with outstanding weather and cool rods and good friends.Thanks again Magic for all the hard work you and your lovely bride provided for a full day of fun

See you guy's at the Horrors party this Saturday

8. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

9. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

10. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

[​IMG]

Ms Metal Flake Drive Inn Contest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

13. Magic

Magic

Man what a killer day, I don't think you could order better weather to be outside.

Thanks to every one that came out and made this show a huge success in many ways. the total car count for the event was 342, give or take 3....

A very huge thanks to Austin Speed Shops John, Little Magic, & his Dad you were a huge hit and every one was stoked on getting there ASS wear gear. Hope Little magic gets some work done and does not spend all day filling that toll box, Greg that was one hell of a cool gesture giving it away to a deserving young man.

Thanks to Not stock Photography John and his Wife for the great pick and fun time, I'll have more tequila shots next time.

Thanks to all the Hellions for your support both at the show and helping with the organization it is greatly apreciated.

Thanks to Your Powdercoating for providing the bands and hanging out and sharring in the good times.

Thanks to all the vendors and participants you made it a huge success.

A huge thank you to Eric & Michelle, Rudy,Paula, Paul, Christopher from the Highway Horrors for heading up the volunteers and putting forth all your efforts to make the show a success, Some of my best friends and can always count on to be there in a crunch, Thank You.

All the volunteers your were the grease that made the wheels turn and a ton of appreciation for all the help. And a huge thanks to Billy Dawson who catered the food for the volunteers and staff, could not have made it through the day without the best chef/realtor in the business.

And a huge thank you to my wife who we all know was truelly in charge.

I hope all the guys that went to the drags had as good a time and did not tear up to much stuff and created some killer memories and got to hang with thier friends, we are trying to work out the date issue and hope we can all share in the support of our loved pastime of cars, friends and the lifestyle.

Thanks to every one for all your help and support.

We do have some shirts left if any one is interested 20.00 shipped pm me for details or email [email protected]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  14. 31whitey

31whitey

Congrats MAGIC....

and MAGIC Jr.....that guys awesome....

keep it up guys.....

15. 51chevcoupe

51chevcoupe

Excellent pix, thanks for posting! Events like this make me think about visiting Cali-freak-i-a........ but only for a minute. :D
    Ed

16. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

This show was in Texas

17. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Thanks for posting all the pics and some great comentary. I love that toolbox, but I'm a good for nothin hack when it comes to working on cars. Magic Jr. on the other hand is starting a career in the arts. It sounded like a better endin to the story to me. Also, he'd been drooling over it all day...
    All I had to do was set the hook.

Again, I'd like to thank Magic for a great show. I would like to thank the fella that cooked as well. I have forotten his name but will never forget his squash. Thank you again John for the pics and the Hellions car club for their club pick award. Thank you to the Highway Horrors for thie club pick. That trophy kicks ass. I would like to thank Mark, Magic Jr's dad for making Magic Jr. Lastly, I'd like to thank Magic Jr. for all the hard work he's going to put in throught the coming years to show me how much he loves me for givin him his very first professional toolbox.

18. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey Greg thanks for the kind words you should post some pics on here also........Thanks for letting me play with your camera also

19. Magic

Magic

Man you guys and your lens envy............................

20. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

HaHaHa I wanted more than just Gregs Lens.......Did that sound to Homo?

21. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

John, I will post as soon as I get a chance. Me, magic jr and magic jr's dad caravaned to Austin right after the show. I had to be in San Antonio for a few days and will get to it when I get back to Houston.

22. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

That bandana I was wearing was due to not having any aloe Vera. I kept having to dunk it into the ice chest and wrap it around my crispy red forehead.

It has become somewhat of a carshow uniform for me.

23. svo

svo

Had a good time!

Thanks to everyone who made it happen and showed up.

jeff

24. dmoldtimer

dmoldtimer

it's was great to meet some of you guy's. thanks magic for finding me a big guy shirt. here'e a few more pic's.

Attached Files:

25. billyd

billyd

Thanks everyone that puts on a show and everyone that participates in the car shows we need both of you to have fun. I really enjoy cooking when people appreciate it. Thanks again [email protected]

26. billyd

billyd

What a great day. Thanks for everything Magic, I want to thank you for all the kind words about my food. Anytime you need a cook call me.

27. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Yea how could I forget the chef he made me like squash..........I hate squash lol

28. Magic

Magic

Ok now that made me laugh outloud.

29. Screenz

Screenz
    from Texas city

A huge Thanks to the space city cruisers!! with out them there wouldnt be a show period

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great pics, Acro. I need to get off my ass a get out some. Looks like a really cool time was had.