Register now to get rid of these ads!

This girl never believed in barn finds until...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twinkletwinkle247, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

That Firestone Tires sign is AWSOME. I am drooling!

2. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

WOW!!!! Please let us know when and if you are selling any of this stuff! Do you plan on hitting swap meets with it. or having an auction of some sort?

The Lions club in Morris, IL has a pretty good size swap meet in October. I have 2 stalls reserved that we won't be using this year...just in case you decide to haul some stuff down this way!

By the way...any Ford Flathead V8 goodies?

3. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Awesome, just read the whole thread, thanks for keeping the pics coming, made my day knowing stuff like this is still out there, Very Kool!!!

4. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

There is the blue firestone sign I like. Sell me your sign, sell me your children.:D

5. 37GM

37GM

I am also interested in the 348-409 parts,blocks,cranks,heads,etc. Let me know if available,way kool.

6. 37GM

37GM

I am interested in some of the 348-409 parts as a project will some,and am having trouble finding good ones...lots of junk out there...please help,GM

7. Hey guys and gals! Thanks again for all the support! Please hang in there as I am moving houses and storage right now on top of trying to go through this stuff. I probably should have waited to post this thread, but it's WAY TOO FREAKIN' EXCITING to keep to myself. Much love for all who are waiting....

-Star

8. Where did she go. Maby somebody kidnaped her and is demanding a Kings ransom in old parts?:eek: OldWolf

9. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

I've always thought the things I love and cherish and took the time to keep and put up won't mean much to whomever gets it when I croak, they'll probably sell it all off to strangers for whatever it brings to people with wide eyes and dollar signs. Every barn find is a opening the doors to someone's life and I always felt guilty as hell buying it if it was something like this big score knowing this person cared a LOT more than the average person to organize everything and give up their storage just to keep the stuff they want. They say my uncle's ghost used to sit in the middle of the basement guarding his stuff.

10. 47lincsled

47lincsled

How about a little history of this find, was this guy just a hoarder or was he a rodder, did he die and the kids just want it cleared out, did you buy the whole lot. Some of my best times have been digging through others peoples junk.

11. Okay boys and girls! I am back. Here's the story you have been waiting on..... This barn was lovingly packed full by a fellow rodder over many, many years. He comes from a family who was involved with both the sale of new and used automobiles for the past 50 or so years. Needless to say that due to health issues these parts have been patiently waiting and hoping to one day see the light of day.

Now the rodder is in dire need of financial assistance as the homestead is in cahoots which means this stash is in danger, and also means that the person who saved this stuff will soon need a new home. Early on in this find I was personally attacked by some people who thought that this find and the thread were all a huge jackpot benefiting me. That is not the case. I am just the 'lil girl from Texas who begged and begged for this stuff to be shared with the hot rod community/ HAMB.... giving first dibs before the stuff goes to a greedy auctioneer. Please keep in mind that just seeing this stuff is a privilege and an honor and I wanted to share the love with y'all first.

This post is not intended as spam, but to share with you the reason for me trying to raise $$ from this find. All proceeds will go to a fellow HAMBer who is in need and has spent the past years welcoming many of us to the board. Many have you have talked to him through PMs, received advice or technical information from him in your posts, and even received packages and envelopes galore from this gentleman. He is truly spreading the HAMB gospel and the love of the hobby.

As I type this, tears are welling up in my eyes because personally I know how this hobby, the HAMB, and this fella have literally saved me. I want to say THANKS and that I hope this thread/post can repay even a smidge of the kindness you have shown me, as you know who you are. Out of respect I don't really feel it is up to me to name names, but those who need to know, already do. This is where I will respectfully ask Ryan to close this thread, as he knows that I write this out of love and hope, and not out of greed and ill will. Ryan has created a very special place for us and our hobby, and I can't thank him enough for bringing many special people into my life!

I greatly appreciate all the love and support I have found here and I hope to get the chance to post in the future to show more buried treasures!

Peace, Love, and Axle Grease....

-Star

12. Fenders

Fenders

Well I reallly don't understand this shit, just buy ALL the stuff, sell what you don't want, and that will benefit hamb'ers and hotrodders.

I really don't care if it benefits you - in fact I hope it does. Otherwise I think this is all going to auction.

Oh well, I guess an auction will benefit hamber's too.......

13. titus

titus

you obviously dont get it!

I hope everything works out for whoever it is.

JEFF

14. "That guy with the coupe" - She spelled it out pretty clearly, she's trying to help out him and the people here on the HAMB. What's so hard to understand about that? There are still people in this world that are trying to help someone other than themselves. "twinkletwinkle247" deserves some credit for having a big heart! You go girl!!!

15. A very good thing of helping someone out. Any of us might need help someday.

I guess everyone's question is: OK, if these parts are for sale, how does one
    go about making a purchase? And/or when will they be available if for sale?

Thanks for the posts, it's been great looking at all that cool stuff.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  16. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Is this a photo shop hoax ? I hate you ! I`m so jealous...........................

17. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good on ya girl. No matter how you decide to assist with the sale of this stuff there will be detractors. PLEASE dont take them to heart.

As the primary reason for this guy parting with this is to ensure his finiancial future you probably need to focus on that. Now if that means it all goes piece by piece via the auction site so be it. The guys bidding will be hot rodders, some even HAMBers, so the parts will find the right homes.

Some of the guys on here will scream but keep your eye on the prize :) , that is helping the old man. I see lots of stuff I'd love too, but helping him is more important then me getting parts. If you reach the $$ the guy needs then your options for dispersing this stuff may change. If you want to give something back to the HAMB, maybe a small % of the sale or even just join the alliance.

Good luck with it all and once again its fantastic that you are looking out for this guy and a horde of great parts will be back in the market place soon.

18. i'm a believer of barn finds......a few years ago i found a whole frickin' salvage enclosed in 4 semi truck trailers and a barn full of shelves with parts from the 20's-50's just by driving around in the country. The guy was in the process of hauling it to the metal scrapper for the cash!! I got a few friends on the horn and we spent the next few weeks
    taking all that we could haul for free or pennies on the dollar. It is to date the most amazing find I've ever seen or heard of. Here are a few pics.....

grill shells stacked like cordwood...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RACKS of carburetors....97's, 81's, 94's, 92's by the DOZEN.....serious.

[​IMG]

free cars and trucks....

[​IMG]

I hauled around 19 dashes from 20's-30's cars out of there, TONS of dash gauges, panels, hubcaps.....etc. Go back to '04 -'06 and look at my classified posts to get an idea of what i got there. Crazy. Most all of it went to HAMB people. It was one of the funnest memories i've ever had rooting through there with my buddies....we were just crapping our selves.....it's fun ain't it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  19. Star, hope it works out for you and him....thanks again for sharing....if it's off to evil bay, let the Hambers know..if its a one shot sell out, well hopefully it takes care of the need.......

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I think the thing that did it for me was the (hush hush silent auction) via. Pm's to sell this stuff. I got a Pm about a auction for the steering wheels on here, pitting HAMBer against HAMBer for the wheels thru the PM system. No one knew who was bidding, or even where the prices were. Seemed like a ploy to push the price of this stuff thru the roof.
    And it left a bad taste in my mouth. To help out fellow rodders is not to covertly pit them against each other. and There are Auction sites for this sort of thing.
    Seemed that your story changed a bit thru the times too.
    You had been on this forum long enough to know there was a classified section, if you wanted to "help out" your fellow HAMBers, including the "secret" HAMBer, you would have gone and listed this stuff for sale there, and not hawked this on the main board, and still no items listed in the classifieds, this Thread has been up for what 3 months now?

21. ok, share the wealth, where is this place?

22. 3blapcam

3blapcam

I may be interested in just those two... if the flavor is right! Of course, four is better, but that's if 61TBird doesn't bite.

Keep us posted...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.