Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does mo-kan still have the famous hot dogs?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by 5096PS, Oct 16, 2009.

1. 5096PS

5096PS
    from iowa

I lived in tulsa over 15 years thru the 80's and 90's,,and used to always take my then 70 nova ss drag car that ran mid tens up there and race at the "annual memorial day" race,,as we called it,for years and years. Mo-kan was so much fun,,no n.h.r.a. restrictions and rules,just a fun,fun weekend. Everyone always visited the consession stands for the killer hot dogs,,,do they still have them? Mo-kan was a riot!!!Great people,,and back then,they had to dip water out of some 55 gallon barrels for the burn out box.Used to be a great,down home track to run at,,great times!!!

2. MoKanMan's Son

MoKanMan's Son

Still the same hot dogs, from the same box for 30 years now. Sales have been slow lately. Haven't figured out why...

We still run a Memorial Day and Labor Day show. Jets, wheelstanders, fuel altereds, the whole bit...

3. buefchris

buefchris
    from so cal.

Did they ever fix the the stands? Last I was there, they looked like they were going to fall down.

4. MoKanMan's Son

MoKanMan's Son

Yep, rehabbed the stands. Walkways, etc....

5. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

Cool new tower too.

Lundo

6. The chilli dogs rock!

7. sololobo

sololobo

Rumours are that Kerry had 17 of em. Yep, they are old school cool. And no shortage of hot dogs on the track. The 09 event was like the most exciting you could imagine. I am ready for next year, and came to this site to get a hint of the super buzz I enjoyed throughout the show!! ~Sololobo~