Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser stance for my '57 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by petersen43, Oct 16, 2009.

1. NealinCA

NealinCA

My brother's 57...with a late 60's street racer influence...

[​IMG]

Big block springs up front.

Neal

2. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz

Dont ring any bells here, and yes that has been my car for 25 years.
    Duke

3. sledbuilder

sledbuilder

This car is perfect! totally love the color..stance..wheels..perfect.

4. This is my '55 when I got it. It was a REAL gasser in the 60's, and built with this attitude in 1967.

[​IMG]

When I built the chassis up, I set the rear end up so the rear tire fit the fender opening a little better.

[​IMG]

and here it is at full throttle going down the track

http://bowtie0069.fotki.com/2009-march-meet-famoso/dragfest2008famoso/img4458.html

I didn't want it to have a nose up stance unless it was accelerating. :)

I put 1" longer springs which raised it up. It didn't hook up because it basically came up, and the front A-arms bottomed out on the frame. I then installed ball joint spacers, and the front end now comes up like in the pic above. The ball joint spacers don't raise the front end, they just allow it to raise up if you have the power for it to raise up.

Sam

5. I used longer springs and ball joint spacers. If you add longer springs, you'll really need the ball joint spacers in there. I added shock extensions too. The guy that did the alignment was really worried about the ball joint extensions but he said there was no problem get the car ligned up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. |Tom|

|Tom|

Right on! It can't look much better can it...

7. I sure LOVE that car - If I had a rich uncle, he would give it to me for Christmas. Do you want to be my rich uncle? :D (lucky dog - again, that is one beautiful car)

8. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Thanks Duke. It's a great looking ride, you've got there.
    Guess someone was messing with me before.

Sorry for the derail. The link leads to my gasser that I ran/owned back in the early 70's.

SamIyam, nice ride. :cool:

9. racer bill

racer bill

yes Strictnine is alive and well going to dragfest 2010 we just got done returning it back to what it was. when I got it someone had updated it alittle much for my tast.
    so back in time it went. we will see if we can still run in the mid nines with it?will post pics after dragfest