Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone installed a roll down rear window in A coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruzr, Oct 18, 2009.

1. cruzr

cruzr

Has anyone here installed the "kit" in a 31 coupe form Macs Auto?? I want a roll down rear window and Macs has a kit, i am wondering what all is involved and how hard it is. my coupe does not have a roll down window so how much is involved with the kit?

2. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

I've put an original roll down window in a 31 coupe and it was straight forward. I use parts from Mac's and find them to be good. Usually pretty close to the original. The kit should consist of two run channels for the glass, These nail to the wooden support on each side of the window on the inside. Then there's the glass and a lift channel along the bottom of the glass. The regulator should be mounted on a metal brkt. that also screws to the wood work.

So you nail the channels into place. Fit the glass and make sure it runs up and down freely. If all is good then hook the regulator arm to the lift channel and screw the brkt on to the wood work. The window moves down about 3" if I remember. There should also be a drip tray that goes below the window regulator with a drain hose on it that you run out the floor rails. If you want the window to drop completely out of the way, I would pick up a regulator from the wreckers and make up my own unit.

Hope this helps. "The Old Tinbasher"

3. hdv32

hdv32

I would be interested in this also. Anyone made this conversion.

4. cruzr

cruzr

My coupe is chopped, will that be an issue?

5. cruzr

cruzr

anymore info on this subject would be appreciated