Register now to get rid of these ads!

All gassers needed!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by american opel, Oct 17, 2009.

1. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i have just found out that gasser magazine has taken there gasser reunion from thompson raceway park.they are now going to have it at norwalks summit raceway park.they are also going to have it on the 4th of july weekend.yes norwalk is a great track but thompson is a track more out for the racers than themselves and the almighty dollar{yes they like to make money}so lets see how many people will be interested in having a gasser meet in june.i will be talking with all of the SLICK DEVILS this week and also thompson to try to set our gasser meet.if int.just let me know.

2. wvenfield

wvenfield

Well I'm posting so I can better track your progress. I have nothing to run but I certainly like to attend.

3. c57heaven

c57heaven

Same Here. I'd attend.

4. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

thanks guys!!!even if you dont have a car all will be welcome.please let all of your friends know,thanks martin.

5. Depends on the date, but i would love to check it out!

6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have it. They will come:D:D

7. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

I will come to Thompson. Norwalk is a nice track but I also think the gate cost to run for the weekend is going to be higher, I checked on what rooms are going for if you can find them and on the 4th of July weekend they are starting at around $145.00 a night and on Saturday they jump up to $189.00. I guess my other hang up is the format, I have not seen what Norwalk is going to do but I have to think it will not be like Thompson. You get a bigger place you add more to it, I think it will turn into another Good Guys style event and I have no problems with Good Guys group but making only 2 to 3 runs on Friday and Saturday and going right to eliminations starting Sunday morning like they did at Blue Suade this year really does not excite me. Thompson has always done a great job and it has a old school feeling to it. Again nothing against Norwalk but the gasser race could become lost in the size, Maybe I am wrong about this.

Jon

8. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

Have one at Thompson and we will be there.I don't plan on attending Norwalk.
    Gregg

9. 59ratgasser

59ratgasser
    from BFE,kansas

I was at the 1st 2 gasser reunions in Bandimere,Co and at Gateway St. Louis. Both flopped, to big a venue and not enough gate money. Investors lost money. I guess there dollar signs in the eyes is getting to them!!! WE all usually learn from past mistakes.

10. sherm II

sherm II
    from central Pa

My clan would be more eligable to come and race at thompson. Haved raced at both Norwalk & Thompson as a racer participant. I would say thompson is my favorite of the two. And yes I would come to an event in june if you slick devels can work it out. Thanks in advance for your efferts. (rivits&tin 41 chev bus coup)

11. chris55

chris55

Sounds awesome! I was hoping to have my car finished for the GR, but the 4th is booked, and if the rooms are going to be that much...forget it. So if you guys do this thing, I'll be there. Please keep us posted.

12. Count me in. How about
    "The Slick Devils" and TRP present
    OHIO GASSER GATHERING at
    Thompson Raceway Park

13. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

thanks guys.i think we can make something happen.i talked to some people last night and got a great response.i guess another HAMB member and friend of mine wants to take this over.he is very good at orginising and knows alot of people.i think together and with the support of thompson and other racers we can have the best event around!!!i will keep everyone informed.thanks again,martin.

14. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

hope to see you there!

15. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I've been to every Thompson Gasser Reunion.

Who is the Slick Devils? Are they capable of staging an event like this? Any prior experience? Before I sign up for something I would like more concrete details.

16. 61falcon

61falcon

17. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

I attened Thompson for the first time this past year. I had a great time and definately would go agian just for the chance to stand on the walkway over the starting line. Would like to bring the Fiat again and my Dad's Opel. Good luck and keep us posted.:)

18. 69fury

69fury

we'll see if my boys and I can get the falcon somewhat presentable by then...

19. Contact has been made with the track manager. More to come next week when the track owner comes back to town. We will keep you posted. Either way, there will be an event there next year same date.

20. Falcon Gasser

Falcon Gasser

Sounds good Don, I look forward to hearing the details. It is the first weekend in June correct?

Jon

21. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

hope to see you again there.is the fiat going to be done?is your dads car a gt?

22. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Yes, My Dad's Opel is a GT. We just picked it up a few weeks ago. We were going to buy a Kadet But the Gt came along and was a better car. I don't know if the Fiat will be done. I hope to be alot farther along by then.

23. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

at least there will be another opel there!!!!hope you get your fiat ready.see you guys there!

24. 33HEMI

33HEMI

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f9f9f9" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#f9f9f9 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=600 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #2d6f84" vAlign=top align=left bgColor=#2d6f84><TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" vAlign=top align=left width=300>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]<TABLE id=content_LETTER.BLOCK2 hideFocus cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0 aria="0"><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" align=left>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]oct 19 09
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [/FONT]</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" vAlign=top align=right width=300>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%"><TABLE id=content_LETTER.BLOCK5 hideFocus tabIndex=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0 aria="0"><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif" align=middle>[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,serif]SO MUCH FOR A HANDSHAKE

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE id=content_LETTER.BLOCK6 hideFocus tabIndex=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0 aria="0"><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Our gasser event will go on as usual except gasser magazine has decided to go elsewhere.We feel that we had gone the extra distance to accommodate them and this decision kind of blind sided us hence the title of this e-mail. Rest assured that our gasser event will continue to get bigger and better each year. Thank you for your loyal support. Ken
    [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
    [/FONT]

25. chris55

chris55

Any more info on this yet?

26. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The S&S Race Team and my husband and i will be attending. Also wondering if there's any info yet??
    Gasser Girl

27. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

Hey rat gasser love your 59 need more pics or sell it to me!!!! its too cool how much does she weigh thanks gord

28. John T.

John T.

I'll go to Norwalk to watch NHRA fuel classes, If it's Nostalgia it should be at Thompson. Count me in for any nostalgia deal at Thompson.

With that being said enjoy the following Youtube presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQdJy7zsz0

29. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

30. chris55

chris55

Awesome! Thanks Ford Freak.