Register now to get rid of these ads!

another delivery route find...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thurstin, Oct 16, 2009.

1. thurstin

thurstin

...i found this '55 Buick on my delivery route Thursday.
    I was cruizin' around waiting for another company to open so i could make a delivery.I turn down the alley,then proceeded to go onto the one way when out of the corner of eye, i spot the BRIGHT Orange/redish glow. I then notice the gills. All this happened within about 2-3 seconds ( as i was passing by). So i hurry up & make a U turn & head back to check it out. I get my cell phone to take some pics. As i am opening up my phone....my "low battery" is flashing...(dam it)....so i hurry up & get 3 shots. After i got the 3rd pic & click save,my phone goes dead...oh well...at least i got some pics.
    After getting the pics i go to the office door, hours are stated 8-6. It is 8:05 am,door is locked....i call all 3 numbers...no answer. So i go by there again today at 8:30 am...noone around...:rolleyes:.... i am thinking...what the hell is going on. I call the numbers agian,no answer but i got a answering machine. I left my name & number. :D

Here are the 3 pics....ENJOY!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I was a mailman for 30 years and I was constantly changing routes so I could visit virgin territory.I have found a lot of old cars in back yards,alleys and such.Especially on the walking routes,you get to trespass legally while keeping your eyes open.

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

It does say "Not For Sale" on the windshield doesn't it ???

4. R.Allan

R.Allan
    BANNED
    from Ca

thats what i see ...

5. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Means nothing. Peel off the Bens till they say ok or you hit your limit.
    I've done it and it works. I talked to the wife once cause the husband said no. She asked how much I was willing to go, Got a sandwich and a 57 Ranch Wagon.
    Not for sale means maybe. I wont sell the 57 but...

6. thurstin

thurstin

Yes, that is what is written. The OWNER of the Buick was given my name & phone # & gave me a call tonight!! :D I will be going back Saturday after my delivery route is completed. He gave me a price that is very hard to pass up.
    So, just because it says "NOT FOR SALE", does not always mean that. I never even gave an offer price. I just left my name & number & ask for someone to call me back asap. :)